1,030 results
All reviewsbaseball stadiumparking garageball parkconvention centerchocolate chip cookiesfire pitwalking distanceroom keybreakfast buffetfront desk staffenjoyed my stayeasy accessbusiness tripdoubletreefloorelborder
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The Double Tree did not disappoint. It is located within walking distance to the new ballpark, restaurants, bars, cafes and entertainment. The rooms are spacious and clean. The pool experience is amazing with the great views of downtown. The rooms are large, with each room having a great view of a part of the city. Also, free parking in their garage.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Great standard with easy access to highways and the ball park. Nice staff and parking (even though the Texas giant trucks were space hogs) . Pool was closed for cleaning.. But overall a great stay and of course the free cookie...

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I really can't say much about the hotel. It's nice, clean and you get a free cookie. Other than that if you are looking for an "experience" that is better than the rest this hotel delivers average and nothing that would say, I want to come back. Good location for what I was doing.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Ricardo F, Manager at Double Tree by Hilton El Paso Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback!

We are pleased that you enjoyed the location of the hotel. As far as experience goes, you can always try dining on our 7th floor terrace where you get a great view of the El Paso sunset. Our bartender can prepare one of our signature drinks or you can join one of our painting classes offered in our liquid lounge. Socialize with other guests and take your painting home with you. You can always check our website for any upcoming events and activiteis that may add to your experience with us.

As always, thank you for the response!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

In a city with not many options, this place was as expected. It is very near to the new Chihuahua baseball statium, the museum, and walkable to many of the bars in the area. There are several restaurants nearby as well. Nearby to I10 and the border highway makes it quick to go wherever you want.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have stayed here four different time over the last few years, and can say that the reviews for the hotel are spot on. It can be a bit noisy. This is a very old building that was refurbished into a nice, modern hotel. It has some disadvantages, such as the noise. If quiet is your thing, be sure and ask at the desk. Avoid the pool level, and the higher levels where on weekends there are big, noisy weddings and quincianeras. I assume, however, that seasoned travelers know to bring a good pair of ear plugs in thir bags. I have stayed in five star hotels that were noisy. This hotel has been both during my stays. The views are great from both sides of the hotel, and there are some impressive restaurants easily walkable from the hotel. This was my first stay where I actually got one of the cookies at check in! There always seemed to be some excuse before as to why they were out. I stayed downtown for the Plaza Classic Film Festival. Come, spend a weekend. Park the car (in the free garage) and don't move it all weekend. The pool is nice. There are activities at the ballpark, the convention center, the El Paso History Museum, the El Paso Art Museum, the Plaza Theater, many great restaurants from hole in the wall (The Tap, one of my favorites) to four star easily walkable on one of the safest downtowns in the States. Bring an open mind and a great attitude!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo