“great place to stay.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Value Place El Paso Airport
El Paso, Texas
“great place to stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

the customer service is very awesome, i like how they attend to our needs.the rooms are very comfortable,cozy and clean. i like how secure the hotel is with key cards to even get into the building. i also like the the guest service when the clean our rooms..... the maids are very polite and gentle. if i ever need to have a place to stay i would stay at value place again. just a really friendly place.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Mike G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

I found this place because it has a very affordable weekly rate. So, I didn't have high expectations, knowing the rate was so low when checking in. Well my low expectations were met. The room came with a DOUBLE bed...a double bed for 2 people with my husband being 6'2"! No fun. The room had a tube tv in it, so we had the maintenance guy come and switch it with a flat screen. The rooms do not come with a coffee pot or any cooking utensils, so don't plan on cooking unless you want to pay more money. The rate is affordable, but if you plan on staying there, plan on a charge for a charge for a charge if you want to cook, go to the bathroom (only 1 toilet paper roll given to you), shower (have to pay for new towels for), laundry or get on their "high speed" internet. That was what I was most disappointed with. The guy almost made me go buy my own Ethernet cable so I could plug into the wall for internet. I couldn't even check my Gmail email account. It wouldn't load...that is how slow the internet is. So if you plan on staying there and need to work from your room, bring your own internet hotspot with you. The walls were so thin I could hear EVERYTHING that went on next to me (could hear the man snoring next to us), in the hallway and above me. We had elephant herders above us, kept me up all night. Needless to say, I am glad to not be there anymore.
Saw this from another review and it is spot on:
"You get what you pay for, maybe a little less."

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Danielle S
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

I was in town for a week and after looking around for hotels, this hotel was the cheapest. I wasn't expecting much, but I was surprised. Great spacious room, clean, the staff was very helpful and friendly. All around I was very satisfied.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Noah G
Yolette H, Area Manager at Value Place El Paso Airport, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Thank you for your great review and for choosing our Joe Battle location. We strive to provide our guests with a Clean and Safe experience. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return.
ELP
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

I confirmed my reservation one month in advance and saved the printout with confirmation number in case something arose during my travels. Upon check in, approxmiately 3 weeks after making my reservation online, I was immediately told that they did not have any knowledge of a reservation under my name. Then, about 2 minutes later, they found my reservation. I was then told to wait 15 minutes for them to complete some paperwork. Finally, we "started" the paperwork process, which takes about 10 minutes to go through. What really irked me, was the next day, my girlfriend and I were walking out of the front door. Behind us were the manager and a hotel employee. As we held two doors for them, they neither looked at us, nor said thank you. It was rather telling of the entire customer service experience here. I was never expecting Marriott or Hilton service for the price, but this place was certainly below my expectations. I will say that it is quieter and less shady than Extended Stay America on Montana, if you are comparing the two. And, it's about the only place you can get last minute rates for long stays within federal government per diem rates. Review:

Pros:
1. Seems like one of the nicer places that you can get week+ long stays within federal per diem rates.
2. Nothing was stolen out of my vehicle or trailer, a plus for this town.
3. Has fridge, microwave, electric burners (x2) for cooking if you are here for the long haul

Cons:
1. My experience with customer service was horrendous.
2. Despite you making online reservations/confirmations, you may get something completely different. Not sure how you do not have a room reserved that I confirmed 3 weeks prior, but magic does happen...
3. You will be charged for EVERYTHING. Room comes with 1 roll of tp, a set of sheets and pillows. If you want fresh sheets, that's a charge. More than 1 towel each, charge. Clean the towels, charge. If you do not bring your own pots and pans, you will run to Walmart or Super Target to get that stuff. Literally, you get a bed with a set of sheets, blankets, and pillows, with 1 towel and roll of toilet paper.
4. There is a $100 deposit that is refundable at the end of your stay. I've never had that before when paying with a credit card, but it happens here.
5. There are literally 5-10 sheets of paper to sign before you get keys. Again, I've never seen anything like this, but I usually do not stay at places like this. I didn't even have to do this much paperwork at the Extended Stay on Montana (definitely shady). Not sure why I have to state 5 times over that I will pay for things that I damage. Again, perhaps indicative of the normal clientele that frequent the place.

Overall, if you are not here for more than a week, and can make the reservation in advance by about 2+ weeks, you are much better off at one of the Marriott derivatives in the area, closer to the airport. If you need a last minute crash pad for a week or more, this is about as good as it gets for value and least amount of shadiness. I did one week at the Extended Stay America on Montana, and was overwhelmed by the creepsters that frequent that business and area. This Valuplace is kind of out in the middle of nowhere near the hospital on the Loop. Practice common sense and lock up your car, and your stuff should be okay. I will reiterate that this place had the worst customer service that I have seen in 10 years of traveling, but they will try to persuade you that they are "hooking you up" by giving you a room. Gee thanks, it's not like I didn't already make the reservation a month ago. Hope this helps guide your decisions.

Room Tip: Despite online reservations with confirmation numbers, you may not get that room upon check in
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank MN P
Pacific Grove
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

For the price this place is a great buy. The staff was friendly and accomodating to any problems I had. If youre looking for a fully supplied kitchen this is not the place, they have only what you need and hence the price is cheap if youre looking for a week or so of stay. We had a pretty quiet stay and met alot of friendly people staying there as well. The area is up and coming but it isnt too far from a super target and walmart.

Room Tip: Bring your own silverware, pots and pans, etc
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank tiola123
Heather L, Manager at Value Place El Paso Airport, responded to this review, 20 July 2012
No matter what brings you to Value Place, you can count on a respectful, helpful and friendly team dedicated to keeping the Value Place promise to our guests. We appreciate you lodging with us, we wish you well in your future travels and if you're ever in need of an extended stay, we hope you choose Value Place!
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2010

The kitchen, while clean and with nice appliances, has no dishes, pots, silverware, etc.
You must buy (or bring) your own coffee pot, dishes, etc. Buy toilet paper and soap. Towels can be turned in for clean ones at $i apiece. There are no restaurants or stores close by.
Local and 800 phone calls are 30cents each even though I was told they were free. We were there for 6 nights and the low price was worth it as payment is for a 7 day period. There are many rules. You must empty your own trash (even upon departure) and make your own beds. Irma, the property manager, was very congenial and helpful. Be sure to rent a car.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple