“Great hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 82 Hotels in El Paso
El Paso, Texas
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

We were having a really bad day since our car broke down on us when we were driving from California just a few hours from El Paso. We call the hotel to inform them we wouldnt be able to show up for that reason and the lady on the phone was very nice and even suggested a towing company so that they could come pick us up. After such a long day on the road we arrived to the hotel and all staff was friendly. We were surprised by how nice the rooms where. We got upgraded by the clerk and they made sure we were enjoying our stay. We had to stay longer in El Paso due to our car problems but we couldnt had stayed at a better hotel. They are great!

Room Tip: The room that they gave us was on the freeway side but the clerk advise to leave the A/C fan on and...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Charlottesville, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

In following the Trip Advisor high-ranking recommendations for this generic hotel on highway #10, in El Paso, Texas, i feel like we missed a more authentic El Paso experience. We had driven in from Marfa, and before that Big Bend so the culture shock of sprawling El Paso, strip mall after strip mall was numbing. Where is the heart of El Paso; are there neighborhoods, non-chain hotels; is there an historic district? or if no, where is the life of this large urban city lived when they are not driving on the endless highways. I would hate to think that Fairfield Inn & Suites is #1 in El Paso because it has a breakfast buffet with waffle fixins..

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Silver Spring, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Last year after reaching our destination we both had colds which ruined our trip but we never attributed it to a hotel stay. This year we returned to the Fairfield Inn Marriott because we remembered the place to be very clean and well located (which it still is) but this stay had two major issues. First the rooms we checked were heavily deodorized (we were very tired but checked three to find the least noticeable.) The only one that had a mild smell had the unit blowing ice cold ac. Before we unpacked, someone kindly "fixed" it so it finally did blow warm air. cold night outside) but half asleep I kept feeling an ice cold breeze. A few hours later after 7 am I called the front desk to say that my nose was stuffed and I felt sick after I checked heating unit and it was blowing ice cold air. Her snotty answer (name starts with an A) is that I should've gotten us when half asleep and checked the heater and let them know then. Unfortunately I didn't realize in the middle of the night that the cold breeze was the unit. But she was unapologetic to add to the aggravation that if sick got the second time I came on a trip for nothing since We would have to stay away from family and rest with colds. Too bad about this hotel. Except for her, the staff is nice, the hotel is clean, the beds very comfortable. If they don't spray the rooms so strongly and fix the heat, this could be am excellent hotel. Meanwhile we are leaving with colds.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Tandi101
FFISEPGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites El Paso, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Thank you for your comments. We strived to make your stay enjoyable by ensuring there was no heater element smell as you mentioned on your last review of this hotel that it was an issue. We also would have been glad to adjust your temperature higher when you informed us in the morning but we were not allowed into the room. Each unit is controlled by the guest. I'm glad the security guard was allowed to help you adjust to your liking when you checked in. I'm sorry if you felt the clerk was snotty, I have never received a negative comment about her but I will discuss with her to ensure she doesn't come off like that in the future. Also as we discussed during check out if we had known you were allergic to chemicals we would have cleaned the room with a method to avoid chemicals. We do our best to delliver a great night stay for our guests as long as we can be informed of any special needs. Thank you for the comments regarding the cleanliness of our hotel.
MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

After driving for 13 hours across Texas, we arrived at this wonderful hotel. We arrived at around 7:30 PM exhausted and hungry. We quickly settled into our rooms and went to a nearby restaurant recommended by the hotel's staff. Nice pick, the food was good. Our rooms were quiet, spacious and very comfortable but the best part were the showers! Huge walk in showers with lots of water pressure .. Perfect! In the morning, a terrific breakfast was available. Hadn't stayed at a Fairfield Inn before but I will now.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor, very, very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
FFISEPGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites El Paso, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you for your review. We sincerely appreciate you choosing us for your stay in El Paso. I am glad you enjoyed our rooms and walk in shower in our King room. We hope to see you again in the future.
Montclair new Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

We were in El Paso to attend a family wedding. A block of rooms was set aside for the attendees.
We are very loyal Marriott travelers. This specific Fairfield was really a delight. The room was large a well appointed. The bed was extremely comfy and the bathroom was huge and well laid out as well. It was also very quiet and very clean. The breakfasts were surprisingly sumptuous, a hot buffet was prepared each day It included fresh fruit, a variety of breads and sweet danishes and muffins. (we were there for 4 nights). The location was very convenient for us, even went to the Walmart across the street. The staff was very helpful in ordering us transportation when needed. I really thought I was in a Courtyard or Marriott property. It was really upscale!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank rubyred5
Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you considered us an upscale Fairfield Inn. We appreciate that you enjoyed our breakfast and guest room. I will share with my staff as we strive to give all our guests an exceptional experience. We appreciate you staying with us as well as the rest of your group. We hope to see you again if ever in the El Paso area!
Silver Spring, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

The location, hotel seemed very nice but the room was cold from AC blowing and it was a cold night so unfortunately we put the heat on. The heat gave off such a strong unpleasant odor. I asked the lady at the front desk (security guard was there too) if it would go away. She said if you don't like it, don't stay in our hotel. Didn't think that response was Marriott worthy. It was the only room available and we were very tired so we stayed but the smell stayed strong all night and there was probably dust blowing out.

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank Tandi101
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Room was nice although there was hair around the bathroom floor when we arrived. I went down to see my granddaughter swim and when I walked out and walked toward the elevator I fell over a child's toy that was left on the floor. I got a large bruise on my leg. When we checked out my daughter reported the incident. I suppose she wanted an appology..instead she got a "thanks for telling us!" She couldn't believe their disreguard!!

• Stayed October 2013