“Great experience and great staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Candlewood Suites El Paso North

Candlewood Suites El Paso North
Ranked #27 of 82 Hotels in El Paso
Columbia, South Carolina
“Great experience and great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

I was at Fort Bliss for an extended TDY visit. I knew I didnt want to stay on post at the IHG hotel and pay $80+ for a very poor quality hotel. A friend suggested I stayed at the Candlewood and upon my return from NTC in California I showed up at the front door of Candlewood with no reservation.

Despite having no reservations, they happily took me in. I was placed on the 4th floor and was impressed with the quality of the room. It was a little small and I do wish the room was bigger to accommodate my long stay. The room was clean and comfortable nonetheless.

They upgraded the quality of their sheets in the 2 months I stayed there which made the beds much more comfortable. The room offered a computer desk, a recliner, computer chair, regular chair, pots, pans, silverware, cups, and plates. This hotel truly was geared towards long term stays.

The staff was all very friendly I often had to fax and the front was was more than helpful and patient. Shout out to Eddie for helping out out many time. Whenever I needed anything, the staff and housekeeping went out of their way to provide for me.

If I ever find myself in El Paso, I would never hesitate to stay here again. Thank you for your service and being so military friendly. On a side note, I was impressed when they lowered their flag for Pearl Harbor (Dec 7) as many don't give properly display their flags.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Meaghan P, Assistant General Manager at Candlewood Suites El Paso North, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review for me to share with my staff and our future potential guests. We really appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to point out the positive things about your stay.

I like that you noticed our observation of Pearl Harbor Day by lowering the flag, as we definitely pride ourselves on being very Military friendly. Most of the staff at our property has very close ties to at least one person in the Military!

We hope that the Army brings you through El Paso again in the future, so we are given the opportunity to serve you again. From all of us here at The Candlewood Suites El Paso, thank you for your review, as well as your service and dedication to our country!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
El Paso, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

The heater did not work.heater was releasing cold air instead of hot. I told the guy that was in charge and he went to check it but did not fix it. All he said that he could not do nothing. and to turn it off. all that money that they charge and don't have a working heater. Very dissapointed.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank lizionti
Meaghan P, Assistant General Manager at Candlewood Suites El Paso North, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
I want to apologize that you had difficulties with your heating and air conditioning unit in your suite during your stay. We definitely strive to make every guests stay perfect and hope that each guest always feels taken care of during their time with us.

Unfortunately TripAdvisor does not allow you to detail much information about your stay wtih us, so if you feel comfortable emailing me at contactus@cohenhospitality.com with your contact information and dates of stay I would like to research this issue. I want to make sure in the future that all of our guest service representatives are equipped to handle the basic problems that may occur at our location.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you have the opportunity to give us another try in the future.
Brainerd, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Thursday 8-29-13 (two night stay)

Very easy access, off the freeway but not so close that you hear the traffic noise. This place must be brand new. The lobby and check in area is really nice. Great little “store” for food and supplies as well. Our room was so nice – I loved it! It had a full kitchen, brand new appliances, and was very nicely decorated. The bathroom was huge.. only issue was low water pressure in the shower but besides that the room was perfect.

I would like to send a big Thank you and recognition to Meaghan – who helped us with a group reservation (849th MAC) and did a wonderful job. Thank you very much Meaghan for organizing the group room block, special BBQ dinner and party, and for the shuttle service. I had a rental car, but I know that the availability of this option was so helpful to others in the group. You helped to make a really hard time a little easier. At least one stressor was taken away. I would also like to mention that Eddie at the front desk was very helpful. Thank you again to both of you.

The hotel has a dvd player in the rooms and you can borrow movies for free. This was a great option.

Thank you again to Meaghan and her wonderful staff.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank trs333
Meaghan P, Assistant General Manager at Candlewood Suites El Paso North, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank you so much for writing such a positive review! It was such a pleasure to have met yourself and all of the wonderful families that stayed at The Candlewood Suites from the 849th MAC. I am so happy to have been able to do all the extras for your group, since we knew how difficult it would be for your families in the future. It was a fun change to provide a speciality shuttle service that was specific to your group, during your time with us. It gave me a chance to wear a different hat and truly show your group all that El Paso could offer! I will soon be in touch with all of your group members, to share all the wonderful photos we took during the party we hosted.

We hope that we are given the opportunity to see you again in our beautiful city, hopefully under much happier circumstances! Thank you again for your very kind review!
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Super nicer hotel, so nice and quiet! The hotel was close a to a lot of different places to eat. It was also close to the movie theater and the baseball park. No matter what time of day it was it was vey quiet in the hotel and lobby. The hotel was close by to the Wallmart and the two major highways.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review about our hotel, The Candlewood Suites of El Paso. We are so glad to hear that our hotel offered you so many conveniences with our location. We hope that your business brings you to our area again and that you choose to stay with us again.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

First off, I will say that this hotel bent over backwards to serve our group including shuttle service and a cook out one night of our stay. The room was fairly nice, but there were a few things that were really annoying. The heat kept coming on in our room, and there was no way to disable it. The AC would run and run to the ppint we were freezing even though we had it set at 72 and if we turned it up to 73, the heat would come on. I brought it to the attention of the front desk and all she told me to do was turn it completely off or set it at 65. At 65 we would freeze. My husband had to get up several times a night to mess with the thermostat. Also since there's only weekly housekeeping, it would be really nice to have a broom and dustpan at least in the room. Something for the carpet would have been nice too. We had to keep asking for clean towels because there wasn't a good place to hang towels in our room to let them dry.
I thought the price was kind of high especially since they didn't serve breakfast or have a pool.
Otherwise, the staff was mostly friendly and helpful. Not sure if we'd stay again if we're back to El Paso.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for providing us with some great feedback from your stay with us last week. You pointed out some good ideas for improvement at our property. We are always trying to make our location the best it can be for our guests. I do apologize for the issues you had with your AC unit, I most definitely will have our Maintenance Department look into those issues immediately.

It was a pleasure to meet everyone from the 849th MAC group and I do hope that if you ever visit El Paso again, that you consider choosing our location again.
AZ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Had to jump in here and write this as I'm still in the hotel. Checked in on a Friday and within 20 minutes I was calling downstairs to ask about the pounding music I could hear. I was told it was music from the baseball stadium and it would stop when the game was over.
Saturday night at 10:30pm the pounding music starts again. Evidently this is the norm when there is a ballgame or concert at the stadium. I know many people go to concerts on Saturday, but when you build a hotel across the street from a venue that has a history of ballgames/concerts it's not a new thing and your hotel should have been built so your guests aren't inconvenienced every time there is an event.
I chose this location because it was convenient for the business I needed to handle. In the future I won't ever stay here because of this noise nuisance. Very disappointing because it is convenient, clean, and comfortable otherwise. But having to stay up until a concert is over isn't what I expect.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Sara H
Meaghan P, Assistant General Manager at Candlewood Suites El Paso North, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
I would like to start off by apologizing for the problems that the concert at Cohen Stadium caused you during your stay here. Our hotel has no affiliation at all with the owners of Cohen Stadium. It is my understanding after speaking with representatives of the concert that the acts were supposed to have began much earlier in the day, however problems arose and it caused a long delay in their event. This upcoming week will be the last week of baseball games for The Diablos baseball team, as they have been replaced in town by a AAA Baseball Stadium in Downtown El Paso. The future of Cohen Stadium is unknown.

I am glad to hear that none of your problems during your stay were actually related to the hotel itself. I wish that you had taken us up on the opportunity to move you to a different location in the hotel that possibly would have given you a more peaceful night of sleep. I believe that the rooms furthest away from Cohen Stadium would have been a little quieter. We definitely strive to make our guests stay with us the best that they can be and are saddened that you had such a poor experience here. If you change your mind about accepting the 2,000 IHG Rewards Points that we offered you, please contact us and we would gladly still offer those to you for your inconveniences.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

This hotel was perfect!... When we head out to a new location, I'm always hoping that our next hotel will be like this one. The room was very clean, cool, and spacious. The staff was very friendly and professional. We stayed for 3 months and LOVED the free laundry. The laundry room had plenty of washers & dryers and all worked properly. You would be surprised at my experience with other hotel laundry.

The free HIGH SPEED Wifi was EXCELLENT!... They also had an Ethernet port in the room which makes for even faster speeds. There was a business center located near the lobby with a printer that I could send a document to, then go down and pick it up myself. All of this is non-existent at any Extended stay Americas I've stayed at.

One other great feature about this hotel is that it is staffed 24 hours a day and when you walk into the lobby, there was a warm comfortable feel that really does make you feel welcomed. It's been about 18 months since our visit and we travel at least 9 months a year, and I have NOT experienced this kind of comfort and amenities since.

It was pet friendly with an area designated for dogs. It also had a bench to sit down and a trash can with disposable bags and the trashed was always emptied.

I do LOVE Candlewood Hotels...

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Meaghan P, Assistant General Manager at Candlewood Suites El Paso North, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
On behalf of the entire staff here at The Candlewood Suites in El Paso, I would like to say thank you for writing such a raving review about our location. I am happy to hear that you were able to get full use out of all of our hotel amenities here and because of that it seems we have set the bar pretty high for the rest of your hotel experiences. The staff here has one goal, which is to make our guests feel like they are home. It seems we were able to meet that goal during your time with us and I am proud to show off your review to the rest of our staff. We cannot wait to serve you again and would gladly have you back anytime, if your travels ever bring you to El Paso, TX again!