“This place is great!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Doner Kebab

Doner Kebab
Ranked #573 of 1,536 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: German, Turkish
Description: Great little fast food place, very small, very casual, great dining experience. They do not have a website.
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“This place is great!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013 via mobile

To be honest I didn't even look at the menu. All I wanted was a Doner Kebab and that is what I got. With fry's of coarse. I haven't had a Doner for a few years and the first bite brought back so many great memories from when I lived in Germany. All the ingredients were fresh and just how I remember. I want to make this a regular stop. I have been a few times and the food is always great. The curry ketchup for the fry's is a must! The restaurant is on the small side like the other reviews said. But that is how kebab shops are. Even in Germany most only have a few booths. Cash is all they accept at the moment but there is an ATM inside. The owner has been there every time and is very friendly. Speaks German which is great, creates a nice vibe and makes you forget you are in El Paso. Cannot wait to go back!

It has also been renamed J's Kebab.

3 Thank DANEM86

El Paso, Texas, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Reminded me of Germany”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

The doner was so good! Great variety of dishes, the owner was very kind, the staff was friendly. One of my favorite places! Everyone should go!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Echo P
El Paso, Texas
“Fast Food Made With Love”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2011

This restaurant is tucked away in a strip mall, and for us was difficult to find at night, as there is no lighted sign. However, we did find it and were very pleased with our experience there. It is a fast food restaurant with only 5 booths, and a few counter seats. Take out is also available. We asked the two young men working behind the counter what they would recommend we try, and they recommended the Doner Kebab, their specialty. It is actually a sandwich made with meat which has been cooked on a vertical spit (like some Greek and Brazilian meat is cooked) and sliced off in small, thin pieces. It is served in a large bun made by a local German bakery, your choice of sauce and veggies. What you end up with is a wonderfully flavorful balanced meal in a bun. We tried their fries also, which are very good either plain or dipped in their curry ketchup. We were stuffed by the time we left. They also have other options, such as schnitzel and brats. We'll have to try some of their other offerings when we go back. The young men working there were very friendly and helpful and obviously enjoy both their work and the people. This was a really nice, very casual dining experience.

• Visited February 2011

Been to Doner Kebab? Share your experiences!