“OK, but nothing special.”

Staybridge Suites El Paso Airport Area
Ranked #18 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Santa Cruz, California
“OK, but nothing special.”
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Overall, we enjoyed our 4 night stay while visiting family in El Paso. We have experienced extended stay hotels in several other cities. Just because a hotel delivers a clean facility that meets the standard set by Marriott or Holiday Inn or others does not merit an Excellent rating. The breakfasts and evening dinners were average. There is no guest safe in the room. We were missed one day for mid-week light housekeeping. The hotel chose to have our room carpeting shampooed during our stay and we were left with damp carpet and a musty smell for two days. Friday night, there was a barbecue party around the pool, just outside our second floor room. Despite two calls to the front desk, the booming music went on past 11 pm. The room climate control had wide fluctuations in temperature before the A/C would cycle on or off. Not a great stay.

• Stayed August 2013
TMIHospitality, Manager at Staybridge Suites El Paso Airport Area, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear SantaCruzPaul,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Unfortunately, it seems like we missed the opportunity to deliver the exceptional service you expected and for that, I apologize. We do offer safety deposit boxes at the Front Desk for our guests to store their valuables. We did have a professional cleaning crew scheduled to steam clean every room during your visit. I am truly sorry that this caused you any inconvenience. We have also taken the appropriate steps to prevent guests from playing loud music in our pool area so our other guests are not affected by the noise. If you ever find yourself in El Paso, I hope you give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Marco Ortega

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

The BEST hotel that I have ever stayed in hands down! Great hospitality, clean, awesome food and the staff is very helpful.. Fitness center is great, free laundry for guests along with the free breakfast and free dinner 3 nights a week!

1 Thank Agreene19
TMIHospitality, Manager at Staybridge Suites El Paso Airport Area, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear Agreene19,
It means a great deal the you would classify the Staybridge Suites El Paso Airport as the "BEST" hotel you have stayed at. We are all very happy to hear we exceeded your expectations. Thank you very much for giving us the chance to "wow" you.

Kind Regards,
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 months because I was working in El Paso. I have to say without a doubt that I have never been in a hotel I enjoyed more. The rooms were immaculate, and the amenities amazing. For such an extended stay, the free laundry was an incredible benefit, as were the free breakfasts. There were even free drinks and dinner 3 nights a week. The location was great for an extended stay, close to a Wal-Mart, Target and a mall, which is good when you need supplies or want groceries b/c you're sick of eating out. But the best part was the staff. They were incredibly friendly and helpful at all times. I would go home for a long weekend every three or four weeks, and they recognized me and greeted me warmly when I returned. They allowed use of a storage room while I was out of town so I didn't have to tote all of my luggage with me, just my weekend bag. They have a library of DVDs you can check out for free, which was something nice and different to do. The only thing that was weird to me was that the laundry and gym area are connected, so the gym can get quite warm if a lot of people are doing laundry. But the fact that that's the worst thing I can think of about the hotel should tell you something!!

A lot of people get the king suite, but I much preferred the queen. With the queen, you get a separate living room and a door to the bedroom that closes. That may not be as important if you're just on a short stay, but for an extended trip, that makes a world of difference in feeling like you're at home, and not a hotel room.

Staybridge El Paso management, don't change a thing!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank PalmettoDaytrippers
Dear Illipse,
I cannot thank you enough for all the great things you said about our hotel, more specifically, our staff. They work really hard to maintain our hotel at the high standards our guests have come to expect, and comments like yours make a great impact on them. I am very happy that you felt so comfortable at our property. If you ever find yourself in El Paso again, I hope that you give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Moorpark
Reviewed 20 August 2013

This hotel was clean and very comfortable. The facilities were great; the pool area fun for the grandkids. The morning breakfast was just right. Staff was friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay here the next time I stay in El Paso. The nearby freeway was a little loud, but the niceness of the hotel facilities made up for it.

Room Tip: Choose a room that is away from the freeway if possible. Rooms on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TERRI F
TMIHospitality, Manager at Staybridge Suites El Paso Airport Area, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear Terri F,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I shared your review with my staff and I cannot express how happy they were to have had a part in making your stay exceptional. I thank you kindly for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We look forward to your next visit to El Paso.

Kind regards,
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We are a Military family that relocated to El Paso, Texas from Japan. I'm not sure about many of you but I'm very picky about staying in Hotels. During our stay here at the Staybridge Suites, the staff was very friendly and professional at all times. However, there was one young lady that stood out to me the most, and her name was Stephanie. She always greeted the guests with a very pleasant and warm smile. This means a lot to me after traveling for a number of days. As far as the rooms; they were outstanding!!!!! I'm the type of person that brings my own sheets and wear flip-flops around the room to include in the shower. If that is you don't worry. During my stay I did not feel the need to wear my flip-flops in the shower or around the room. In addition to the office staff, I cannot leave out the Housekeeping Department. These young ladies were very pleasant and professional at all times. My overall experience here at the Staybridge Suites was wonderful!!!! I would highly recommend this Hotel to anyone needing a nice place to rest.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Kimberly P
TMIHospitality, Manager at Staybridge Suites El Paso Airport Area, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Dear Kimberly P,
Thank you for your amazing review of the Staybridge Suites El Paso Airport. Your kind words are so very encouraging and we are all delighted to know that you enjoyed your recent stay. Many thanks for taking the time to point out Stephanie. I have shared your comments with my staff and we are so humbled by your response. Thank you again!

Mark N.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Size of bedroom! Kitchen and extras! Gym area! Pool area! Laundry Room!? Lobby and dining area! Very dog friendly with small equipped grass area!!

Chose this "unknown place" only because it was so well rated by Trip Advisor! Was totally surprised and so pleased!

2 Thank PraisingHim
ElPasoSBS_Manager, General Manager at Staybridge Suites El Paso Airport Area, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
"Wowsi!" is an appropriate word for us to also use in reference to the review regarding your stay at the Staybridge Suites. We want to thank you for putting the word out on us and really appreciate that you chose to stay with us as well. Come back and see us soon!

Mark Najera
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This was our 3rd trip here and I have to say, we still had the best service ever. The Mgr even remembered me by name. Who does that?? This is really our home away from home and the dinner we had on the Wednesday we were there, crispitos!, were just as good as in any restaurant. Keep up the good work and see you in December!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SusieQSFE
ElPasoSBS_Manager, General Manager at Staybridge Suites El Paso Airport Area, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Greetings! We can't thank you enough for continuing to stay with us and especially acknowledge us in such a wonderful review. On behalf of all my team we thank you and look forward in seeing you in November!

Mark Najera