“It was great!”

Ranked #10 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
San Antonio, Texas
“It was great!”
Reviewed 2 December 2010

We stayed at the Hyatt Place El Paso Airport over the Thanksgiving holiday for my nephew's wedding. We were there for 4 nights and had a great experience. We checked in late and got all of the room requests that we desired (away from the highway, high floor, double room). Housekeeping service was excellent and we only had to ask for a room refresh on Saturday but I think they were just running late. The continental breakfast is just that...continental. Don't expect hot food because you will not get it (unless you order it and pay for it). We also took advantage of the fitness room which is adequate (two treadmills, one elliptical, one recumbent bike, and some free weights). My only complaint, and it is really to the entire Hyatt Place line, is that the bathroom (toilet and shower room) it WAY TOO SMALL!! You almost have to climb into the tub to close the door. With young children who have to be supervised in the shower, this makes a very inconvenient space for two people. I would totally recommend this hotel to anyone. It is right on the highway, very close to a lot of attractions and stores in El Paso.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank shanngus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 30 November 2010

Booked online at the Hyatt website and used auto club discount to secure a very reasonable rate. I don't trust the el cheap name-your-price sites as 99.9 % of the complaint articles in our local paper are about those el cheap sites. Anyway...having found the right date at a great price I booked the Hyatt. Many/most of the Hyatt Place locations are simply upgraded Amerisuites properties and since I never had a problem with those I was happy to go Hyatt Place. This property in El Paso is fairly easy off/easy on the I-10 freeway and is close to restaurants and a shopping mall so it is very convenient.
At checking I was given a choice of floors so I picked the top floor...enjoyed a mountain view and a great sunset/sunrise. Wanted dinner...asked where to go for meat and was given a nice print-out of how to get t El Toro Burger (yum!). Breakfast next day was great - self -serve oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, tea...included in roommate. For an additional price other menu items could be purchased but frankly, I didn't care! The included breakfast was fine enough. The staff was mostly younger people who seemed to spend a lot of time chatting together, but never did I feel neglected or that they should have been doing something else. Everything seemed Right...like the staff worked together...anticipating needs and using teamwork to fulfill wishes - effortlessly, seamlessly, perfectly. Recommended!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thetisqueen
California
Reviewed 29 November 2010

Had stayed at the Hyatt Place in Santa Fe, NM, a few days earlier and was impressed with the staff, rooms and experience (it was very new). Given that I was a new Hyatt Gold Passport member, I thought I would give it a shot again in El Paso, TX. This place needs an overhaul! I read the reviews on tripadvisor previous to booking and I have to wonder how these folks that posted reviews rated it so high. Upon arrival, I was greeted by the smell of what I would describe as the scent of the lavatory when you're forced to sit adjacent to it on an airplane. Believing that it was just someone still cleaning up somewere I continued with my check-in. Staff was pleasant, but I should have known something was up when she confirmed my room stating, "Two Doubles." I corrected her, "You mean two queens." She said, "Yes, two queens." Of course, when I got up there they were doubles. There is a difference you know. (60x80 vs.54x75). There on line booking says "Queens." In the room; dirty spotted carpet with crusty spots, couch with a milky white crusty substance blotted on the fabric (I hope it was not a body fluid), torn up couch pillows, dust and dirty fixtures. This place is run down and there is no up keep at all. After driving with my wife and two girls for 12 hours we decided to stay given that it was for one night only. However, if I had any ounce of energy left I would have looked around for something else. It was late and our twins didn't need to be strapped into their child seats any longer. At the free breakfast in the morning we sat at a round table in the lobby and when we pulled the chairs back it was more of the same. Fabric with imbedded food from travelers past. We don't leave a mess behind so when we cleaned up with a couple of wipes where the twins ate we made a point of wiping off some of the fabric just to see. Wow, imagine that, it came right off. This property is poorly managed as it pertains to upkeep. This a management issue mostly, cause someone is not supervising over there. On the positive side, the staff was pleasant. I would not stay at this property again, nor can I recommend it to anyone. If I see this again at any Hyatt property I'll send in my member card and consider Marriott instead. Oh, by the way, the bad smell never went way...even 5 floors up.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Integrity634
Sarasota, FL
Reviewed 5 November 2010

This hotel is conveniently located off of I - 10. Spacious, clean rooms with a huge flat screen TV. Ask for a room in the back of the hotel as rooms overlooking I - 10 can be noisy.

My only negative comment is the very limited free breakfast. Hot food is extra.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed 12 October 2010

We have stayed at this hotel 4 times in the last year, and we just love the place.
Staff are friendly, rooms are always super clean.
Wil continue to stay there when we are in El Paso, easy to get on and off the highway and to many points of interest.
we would advise against purchasing anything from their snack bar, as the items are very overpriced, more then airport food costs.
But overall this is a great, safe place to stay

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Arizona
Reviewed 12 August 2010

I stayed at the Hyatt with my parents and sisters - we had an unexpected trip to El Paso. First off, if you are looking for a hotel in El Paso, make sure you know if you need it to be East or West. El Paso has two distinct sides and the middle is the downtown area, which I think is fun if you are single but maybe not as safe. This hotel is close to the airport, about 5 minutes or so, so it was great for us. We never used the shuttle (I was picking up family coming in) but they had a very nice van out front. The staff were all very friendly. The only thing is one desk person was on the second night I was there and she was checking people in AND getting food orders at their little mini bar. It got a bit hectic but another employee that looked that management helped her after a while. They have a nice continental breakfast of cereal, toast, oatmeal, fruit, etc as well as breakfast you can order - so, it is sweet in that way. You can also order Starbucks but the free coffee is NOT starbucks (some of the reviews mentioned this so I thought the whole hotel was starbucks). My mom and dad are elderly but managed the hotel just fine.
The room itself is interesting. Since I booked last minute I got the two double beds room with the pull out queen sofa. There is a common sitting area and then the room right next to it with a tiny little partition wall. In the sitting area is a desk and fridge and little table. Comfortable. In the bedroom are the beds and the bathroom sink area, which is strange but worked (but is a strange layout, really. While someone was asleep on the bed we were using the sinks ... a little different). The bathroom is separate and all was clean and worked great and provide the usual amenities.
I was surprised at the total lack of outlets in the hotel room. With the modern layout (if that is what you would call it) I thought there would be more. There really wasn't any outlets! There was one outlet that was easily accessed by the sofa in the room and one by the sinks...but if you wanted to use your computer in bed you had to disconnect something to be able to do so - I thought that was dumb.
We actually stayed in the room directly behind the elevators and could never hear a thing - it is a quiet hotel. I did get good internet in the room. I paid $159 a night, which is a bit expensive for El Paso, I am sure there are cheaper options out there...but, it is a safe hotel near the airport so it was worth it for us.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 July 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 47 nights. Everything about Hyatt El Paso is great. ALL the employees here are wonderful. The room I stayed in was very comfortable. The air condition was very cold, the pool and pool area was relaxing, The smell in the lobby area was pleasant, and the gym, although a little small, was good. Without hesitation I would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business