“It was just okay” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 82 Hotels in El Paso
San Antonio, Texas
“It was just okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

My husband and I were looking for a clean quite place to stay from a 16 hours of driving on I-10. We saw the sign for the Red Roof Inn and new it was a well known place and the price on the sign was $39 which was great and they had free wifi. However when we got there the night desk person told us they had 1 single room left and it was $57. Being tried and not wanting to drive any longer we took it. I ask the clerk if there was password for the wifi and he said that the single rooms did not have wifi, but that I could come down stairs and us the station in the lobby. I also inquired about a laundry on the premisses, they did not have one. When I asked about the closes one the clerk could not tell were one was, now mind you this is an Inn and most Inn's have laundry facilities on the premisses. The room was clean however there is no coffee maker, no hair drier, no iron or board, and there is no mini fridge. Again this is an Inn and most Inn's have these amenities in every room. Over all the room was quite and clean, however the night clerk was not very friendly or helpfull and not worth the price.

Room Tip: Do your homework before you make reservations here.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DLJH
David P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn El Paso East, responded to this review, 3 January 2013
Thank you for bring this information to our attention. We can use your imput to correct these issues. I have spoken with the entire front desk staff and we are all committed to doing a better job. We hope that you will consider Red Roof Inn for your future lodging needs.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2012 via mobile

Had my two daughters and dog with us. Had two full beds on first floor close to office. Looked clean but for two beds , room had very little towels( one hand towel, washcloth , bath towel).bathroom was tiny and toliet seat had a spot of dried urine and human hair bits on floor behind door and Inside tub . I am disappointed that there was no microwave so to heat our meals so we had to leave our room. We forgot utensils so I asked front desk who stated that they don't have a kitchen so they wouldn't have any unless ( in a sarcastic tone), I wanted to use his (0_o). Ended up ordering delivery . Appearances looks decent . At least their outlets work and beds aren't hard . My Dane was at ease . Had to take him to Alex dice "madre acuerdce que el arbol sea de 7 a 8 pies de Alto. Oh y huggies talla 6, y 2 baterias AA". grassy area in front of the inn to pee. No pet deposit or weight limit. One of the reasons I chose this place besides it being close to the IH-10.
Breakfast area is one small 4 ft cabinet with 3 pots of coffee and it's creamer , sugar a d cups/caps /stirrers on top of the same microwave I had used the night before.
Was excited to try this place out based on the reviews but wasn't thrilled at all .

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank e6800
Thank you for taking your time to post a review for us. We regret the condition of the bathroom and I can assure you corrective actions have been taken by our Housekeeping Department and hope you will consider allowing us to serve you again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2012

Every time I come to El Paso, I always stay at Red Roof Inn on the east side. I've been coming here for three years and Dean is the best at the front desk. The rooms are newly renovated, always clean and the flat screen TVs are a nice plus. This place is the best deal in El Paso

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Motov8r1
David P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn El Paso East, responded to this review, 11 December 2012
We appreciate being your number one place. Thank you for your time to let us know. Dean will be happy to know he was helpful. I hope you will keep Red Roof Inn in mind for your future lodging needs.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2012 via mobile

We appreciate having a new, nice, clean room. We wanted the $45 room as advertised but none were available on 1st floor so settled for a king size room which ended up costing us more than we'd like - $76.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank shannatenney
Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments about our new, nice , clean rooms.
We are happy to know and appreciate your business. We hope to meet any future lodging needs you may have.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

My girlfriend and I planned to stay the weekend just Saturday and Sunday but because of Deans great service, clean spacious rooms, and just all around comfortable atmosphere we just had to get away one more day, and we did! Thanks Dean, your awesome and thanks for all your help we'll definitely come back.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
David P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn El Paso East, responded to this review, 12 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Having just completed renovating all our rooms, the staff was happy to know you found the Hotel comfortable and extended your stay. Dean and the entire staff look forward to your return.
El Paso, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

Thank you for the great customer service. prompt service answered all my question has a smile on his face! Rooms were confortable and made my stay feel like at home. A+ for my overall stay and again thank you dean for all your help an making my stay perfect! I will be back VERY soon :0)

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I have spoken with Dean and he is very pleased to know he was able to provide A+ customer service. Thank you for your time in posting your review. I hope you will consider staying with Red Roof Inn in the future for all you lodging needs.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

I'm pretty new at hotels because I'm not on hotels much, but sometimes when you need a place to stay, its good to know you got a good place looking out for you. First thing I always notice is the refrigerated air conditioning, which was an A+ from the start. Rooms looked classy, made you feel like you're something really special there. One of the really convenient parts is that the parking isn't jammed packed, so there was definitely enough parking spots close to my room and a couple to spare. Since I'm not big on knowing on what services hotels provided, I went to the front and Dean was there to help me out. Seems like the big guy has been around long enough to know alot about hotels, services, and how I could take advantage of the catering. Made me feel like real royalty when I was there, guess that's part of the service while you're there. Long story short, if I ever need a place to stay, I'll definitely stay at the red roof again. Also the TV was good, but I'm not big on watching TV, at least its good to know that its there. All in all, I had a good visit. Thanks!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate knowing we were able to meet your needs. Thank you for your time and comments. We hope to see you again soon.