“Pros and Cons”

Red Roof Inn El Paso East
Ranked #37 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
“Pros and Cons”
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

This was an extremely last minute situation for me but I called and they had very good priced rooms and said everything was brand new. When I arrived, Dean checked me in and was awesome. I had some special circumstances for needing a room last minute and he was very accommodating and extremely helpful. The lobby is very nice and new looking but the room was just ok... Not sure I believe that it was just remodeled. But for $49 a night, I'm not complaining. I'm from out of town so needed help finding a few places and Dean and Alfonso were so awesome. Ian was also a big help getting me cabs when needed. So to sum it up, $49 wasn't a bad deal. The lack of "fanciness" etc was definitely made up for with the customer service. For $49, I would stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
David P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn El Paso East, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for taking your time to post your review about your experience at our Hotel. The Staff members you mentioned are all very pleased to know that they were able to assist you in your entire stay with us. It is important for us to receive feed back on our rates and quality of our rooms. We are pleased to know you will stay with us again. Looking forward to serving you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Watertown, New York
Reviewed 28 February 2014

First and most important! Their customer service was incredible...Dean, Ian and the lovely, professional, helpful, young lady who took my reservation, maintenance staff, housekeeping....
Our room was nearly perfect. I was worried there would be road noise but not so. Very clean with the exception of mold in the shower. We're so please with all the renovations and upgrades especially the carpet removal. Once again The RedRoof Inn has been a pleasure for these weary travelers and our beloved Pooch.
I suggest offering poop pickup baggies for dog owners...it's a gentle reminder and guest friendly.

Room Tip: If traveling with a dog, choose outside entrance on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
David P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn El Paso East, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Thank you for your time and great suggestions for improving our property. Your review is so important to us. It is very nice to hear that you were able to interact with so many of our staff members. "Nearly Perfect" is what we like to hear, and know we will work on the "Perfect" thanks to your imput.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

I had to make this reservation at the last minute and got a decent price for a room. Front desk was straight and to the point, I didn't need to ask any questions once I received my room key..just slow down when answering the phone. The room was clean and neat, modern. The bed was too low and too firm for my taste but its not a complaint. Even though the room doors look chewed up, you'll be ok once you see the inside. No breakfast, which is always a bummer but you can find something to eat near by. I'd stay again if the price was the same.

• Stayed February 2014
David P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn El Paso East, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you so much for your time to post a review. We appreciate that your noted the clean, nice and modern rooms , as we just completed a Renovation to update our property. Our prices are always competitive and we hope to see you again.
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This review is LONG overdue! I am only writing this review because I received such great customer service from Dean when I stayed for one night in late September. I was traveling from California to New Orleans and only stayed overnight to rest. I checked in late and Dean was at the front desk. He let me know my mom had called to check on me and that he gave me a room close to the front desk so he could watch out for me since I was traveling alone. How thoughtful! I also asked if there was an exercise room and was pretty disappointed when I found out there wasn't.

Dean went above and beyond to accommodate me! He said he goes to a great Anytime Fitness and that I could use his entrance key if I would leave it at the front desk upon checkout. I went to the gym in the morning and totally loved it. I'm actually getting an Anytime Fitness membership today…which is why I thought to finally write this review. Haha. The point is Dean is not only a great representative for the Red Roof Inn, but he is an awesome person.

The room was average for the price. My expectations were a bit higher from the photos, but it was an okay place to rest my head for the night. I'd give the room itself 3 stars, but 5+ stars for guest service :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
David P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn El Paso East, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Thank you so much for taking your time to write your review. The fact that you remembered atfer your stay means alot to all of us. Dean was quite pleased to know you appreicated his efforts. We are constandly working to improve the quaily of our rooms. We hope to accomadate you again and hope you will choose Red Roof Inn for your future lodging needs.
el Paso, texas
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Dean Martinez provided outstanding support as a representative of your company and establishment. The room was clean and we'll serviced and housekeeping services were provided to ensure continuity of cleanliness.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
David P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn El Paso East, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your review with us. Dean told me that you were very happy with your stay. It is always a pleasure for all of us here, to know that our efforts bring about pleasant experiences for our guest. We look very forward to serving you again soon.
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 5 January 2014

we stayed here only because we were to tired to go else where. the first room was not clean hair and make up on the pillow and sheets and hair in bath room. we asked for a new room and it was not much better but the sheets appeared to be changed. we did not bring are luggage in because of fear of bugs. this was our first night of a 3 week trip across the US. the guy at the front desk was not surprised by the dirty room and was not very friendly. this was the only red rook inn I have ever stayed in and the last. It was not worth what we paid.

Room Tip: we stayed here the last week of oct 2013 this is the worst place I have ever stayed dirty dirty dirt...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank djfromaz
David P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn El Paso East, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you for your candid review of your stay at our property. We will be able to address all the issues that you have mentioned and correct them. We take your comments very seriously and want to improve our service to each and every guest. I hope you will reconsider trying Red Roof Inns again for your future lodging needs.
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Stopped during Christmas travel. VERY friendly staff. First passed it by because of the strip club in front if it... we travel with a pet so it is pet friendly. Rooms have been updated though small but again, it was a single night stay. Clean with exception of mildew in corner of tub/shower. More from poor workmanship in caulking than a cleaning issue. Would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013
David P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn El Paso East, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
We are pleased to know that you gave us an opportunity to serve you as you traveled though El Paso. Our rooms have been renovated and we are glad you noticed there up-dating. My staff is very happy to know they made you stay more comfortable and look forward to serving you again. Thank you for your time in writing a review.