“I would go back”

La Quinta Inn & Suites El Paso East
Ranked #25 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Reviewed 27 January 2014

The most important factor for me is the ability to get a good night's sleep. The bed and pillows were comfortable and it was pretty quiet for being near a major road. No noise from the hall. I did not use the A/C so no idea if that is loud.

It was a good location for where I was going and it was was walking distance to restaurants and a short drive to a grocery store. The parking lot connects to an Applebee's and a Pizza Hut. Other restaurants are close, but you have to cross busy roads.

The room was clean and well laid out for me. There was good counter space The bathroom light was linked to a very loud fan. If i was traveling with the family, it might have been an issue at night, but I was alone.

Breakfast was average. Cereal, bagels, muffins, yogurt and a waffle maker. I have had better at cheaper hotels, but this was fine. Plenty of seating when I went.

Biggest complaints were Internet related. It was difficult to connect the first day or so and then it was relatively slow. I am a business traveler so that is important. If it is difficult to use next time, I will have to look elsewhere. There are lots of hotels nearby including other La Quintas.

Room Tip: The backside is quieter and has a better view, but the front is not bad.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I booked this hotel in October at the spur of the moment after another reservation fell through. The staff was super nice. They always talked to me when I came down. My room was nice and spacious. The bed was comfortable. I did have a problem with my bedding not being changed but the GM fixed it personally within 5 minutes, maybe less. The hallways smell of cigarette smoke but after being there for 2 days, I barely noticed it. You could also hear people walking on the floor whether in the hallway or above you, it didn't bother me that much, atleast I couldn't hear them talking. I wish the hotel had more to offer than the 30 channels. There really wasn't much on for the week I was there. It's in the perfect location, right off the highway. Restaurants, stores and gas stations were within feet of my hotel. I would more than likely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 3 January 2014

A nice clean room at a reasonable price. Breakfast was ok but nothing outstanding. No eggs but did have waffles. Would stay there again. Good place to stay if traveling with pets. Lots of dining choices close by. Room was clean and functional.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Very conveniently located off I-10, very friendly staff and clean facility. Room was clean. Convenient location to restaurants, and shopping area if desired. Nice to find a moderately priced hotel that is well maintained and accepts large dogs without charging extra. Planning to stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Very nice room, Great value. Comfortable bed. Great location. Would stay here again. Conveniently located right on I-10 east. Several excellent restaurants close by. Pet friendly. Good selections on TV.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We had to change travel plans due to a winter storm, so we needed to find a La Quinta in El Paso on short notice. This hotel didn't come up in Google search results, so we booked a room at the lq - Airport. Drove by and did not go in that one - it had outside entrances and we didn't like the area. Second attempt was at the La Quinta Ciela Vista (nearby) - they were very friendly but didn't have anything on the first floor, and the hotel is all outside entrances, which we don't prefer. They were kind enough to book us over at the La Quinta Inn & Suites El Paso East (a mile away). Bingo! Enclosed building with an elevator, rooms were clean and had what we needed for a one night stay. We had a room right next to the elevator and never heard the elevator at all, which was a plus. Staff were friendly and helpful. Good value for the money, would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Room next to the elevator was quiet, we never heard the elevator at all.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2013

The rooms were nice, plenty of towels and pillows.The breakfast was good with plenty of choices. The staff are friendly especially Ricardo at breakfast. The restaurant next door is also good. Wifi is free and worked without problems. Close to the University.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the first floor by the entrance if you want a good nights sleep.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business