“Probably would not return” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard El Paso Airport

Courtyard El Paso Airport
Ranked #30 of 82 Hotels in El Paso
“Probably would not return”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

I probably would not return to this hotel just because of the front desk staff. I found them to be a little rude. After requesting a room away from the freeway and being told that a room was blocked on the "quiet" side (I am a Gold), my room was on the freeway side. After asking to move, i was told it would be fine. There was an ancient water fountain in the gym that barely worked. A water dispenser would be much better. The only positive for me was that the room was clean. Next time, I would stay at the Hampton Inn next door.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank debbiejo
Marianne R, General Manager at Courtyard El Paso Airport, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Thank you for being a Gold Member and taking your time for posting through Trip Advisor your comments about the Courtyard El Paso Airport. We value every single guest that walks into our hotel. I’m truly sorry that you felt our staff was a little rude. We do all we can to accommodate our guests. Our hotel is located by the freeway and the way it’s angled every room will be able to see it. Guests who request rooms away from the freeway we will be pre-blocked to the north of the building. If you happen to give us another opportunity, please request the north side of the building. Thank you again for your response.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

This Courtyard is located near the airport in El Paso, Tx. While it is your garden variety Courtyard the rooms were significantly larger and more comfortable than Hyatt Place down the road and the building itsellf was neat and crisp. Unlike the Hyatt (see my full review of that place under its name) the rooms, corridors and elevators had a roomy and airy affect about them that did not lead to bouts of depression. My first stay here a few months ago was a nightmare of incompetency that I will not go into here, and almost caused me never to return. However after some lengthy discussions with the GM I decided to return to this place. The stay was peaceful with none of the hysteria of the first visit, but certain precautions on my part most likely prevented any untoward events. The TV was fine and had numerous HD stations but my favorites such as SciFi and BBC America were still nowhere to be found. It was a pleasant place, provided you are not looking for any high end amenities, and has a senior rate that is very good for the area. I would recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Belgedoc1
Marianne R, General Manager at Courtyard El Paso Airport, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
Thank you for your recent review regarding your experience at the Courtyard by Marriott in El Paso through Trip Advisor. I really appreciate you giving us another opportunity to make your next Courtyard visit a pleasant experience. We strive to stand out by providing the best customer service possible and we truly appreciate you taking the time submitting your review. We hope to see you in the near future!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

I love the Morning scramble in the bistro. Just the right amount of food and a healthy option with egg whites to keep me healthy when I travel. I also love being able to end my day with a night cap before bed and not having to drive afterward. This location is great for getting in and out of the airport

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marianne R, General Manager at Courtyard El Paso Airport, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Thank you for your comments through Trip Advisor about the Courtyard by Marriott Airport in El Paso Texas. I love the New Bistro concept with the healthy menu choices to include the option to enjoy a night cap without having to leave the hotel. We are one mile away from the airport, which makes it very convenient for guests on the go. I thank you again for taking your time to write this review and we hope to see you soon.
Austin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

I was truly impressed by this Courtyard in El Paso. I travel constantly and all the hotels start blending together. However, this stay stands out for a variety of reasons....without rambling on about specifics, I will say from the staff the moment I checked in to the beautiful suite they gave me, the hotel way exceeded my expectations for a Marriott Courtyard. On my next trip in or through El Paso I will definitely stay there again!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a suite! For probably just a few dollars more the rooms are really nice and the best part is...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Marianne R, Manager at Courtyard El Paso Airport, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Thank you for your recent review regarding your experience at the Courtyard by Marriott in El Paso through Trip Advisor. We strive to stand out by providing the best customer service possible and we truly appreciate you taking the time submitting your review. We hope we see you in the near future!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

I really like staying at this hotel. The guys at check in are the best! Always going out of their way to help me out. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfy. You can purchase breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as Starbucks coffee. However it is one of the more expensive hotels in town because of location.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marianne R, Manager at Courtyard El Paso Airport, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post through Trip Advisor your comments about the Courtyard El Paso Airport. Our front desk agents enjoy assisting our guest with anything they might need. Our entire staff takes pride in everything that they do. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We hope to see you soon Alwaystraveling4work!
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

Great hotel and great staff. Nice new building and location. The area is safe and easy to access the Interstate 10.

Breakfast was good but not free. Even Platinum members pay for breakfast at this hotel.

Room was comfortable and clean. Everything went well including checkout. No issues at all.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Marianne R, General Manager at Courtyard El Paso Airport, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
Thank you for being a Platinum and taking your time for posting through Trip Advisor your comments about the Courtyard El Paso Airport. We value every single guest that walks into our hotel especially our Platinum’s. Although we do not have a program in place for Platinum’s to received complimentary breakfast, we do select a Platinum of the day for either a gift bag with goodies or an item at our Bistro. Thank you for me mentioning that our rooms are comfortable, clean, hotel is nice and safe with easy access to Interstate 10. We are also only one mile away from the Airport and centrally located in El Paso. We wish you well and hope to see you soon! Once a again, thank you for being a Platinum and a guest of ours!
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

The check in was a breeze and I was so impressed with the size and decor of the room. The set up of the television was perfect since I could watch a show from either the bed or jacuzzi. The food at the restaurant is wonderful. No need to leave the hotel in search of something great to eat. The staff are friendly and ready to assist with any questions concerning El Paso. The hotel has an easy access to the airport and is in fact in the central part of the city. The Cielo Vista mall is only two minutes away and we found some amazing prices at the stores.

My main concern when I stay at a hotel is if the hotel is clean. The room was absolutely spotless. An easy five stars for this hotel that has five star service and outstanding rooms.

Room Tip: The jacuzzi rooms are perfect to relax in after a long day of shopping and a busy day at the office...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for posting your comments through Trip Advisor about the Courtyard El Paso Airport. We take pride in our clean designed rooms. We are delighted that you were able to relax and take advantage of all our amenities from our Jacuzzi room to the Bistro dinning. We hope to see you soon!