“Very Nice Stay”

Hilton Garden Inn El Paso Airport
Ranked #13 of 80 Hotels in El Paso
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We have stayed here many times over the months. The one and only problem we've ever had got speedy attention and was fixed, the TV wasn't working right and they replaced it. The beds are comfortable, the staff is friendly and helpful and shopping and eats are close by.
I've had breakfast but no room service or other meals, but the breakfast is cooked to order and always hot and fresh.
The only downfall of this location is an oil refinery next door. At times the "hot tar" smell is pretty powerful, but if the wind is right, you don't even notice it.
They have a shuttle available if you don't have transportation, they will take you to local shopping or eateries and pick you up when you are ready.

Room Tip: Northern rooms get more highway noise and west rooms get the oil refinery for a view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Adrian P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn El Paso Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for your comments on your stay. I know the refinery next door can be a downfall but it seems your stay was upstage by the friendly staff and great service. We want to thank you for your stay with us and we hope we get to see you again. Thank you for your comment I will share with the entire staff. Have a great day!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Hotel was spotless and staff was very helpful. The kitchen cooked meals (including room service) were very good. More washers/dryers (they only had 1 each) and a bigger parking lot would be a huge help. During hotel events the parking lot would fill and leave no room for guest parking.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Adrian P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn El Paso Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for your comments. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and I have relayed the challenges of parking and washer and dryer to the next level. We are glad the staff made you feel welcomed and we hope you come and see us again. Thank you again and have a great day!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Had an excellent two weeks in El Paso staying at the Hilton Garden Inn. Location made quick access to the Freeway, shopping, and dining facilities. Front desk check-in was especially cheery and helpful. Took two nights to get used to firmness adjustments on the bed. Otherwise it was a great place to stay for an extended business trip.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review on your most recent stay with us. It has been a pleasure to have you here with us and am glad the staff made you feel welcomed! I have relayed your challenges with the beds to our in house maintenance and we are making sure all beds can be adjusted correctly. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Once again the Hilton delivered. My second trip to the great city of El Paso and staying agaon at the Hilton Garden Airport. Staff and atmosphere top shelf. Elva and Leslie at the bar. Amanda, Christina at the front desk excellent indeed. And cannot forget my Rose and my chocolate milk. Breakfast omelet's and french toast. Do not stay anywhere but here.. You will be pampered for sure. Thanks again Hilton Garden Inn Airport. Look forward to next year!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Adrian P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn El Paso Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for visiting us again. It is a pleasure to hear how the staff treated you and made you feel at home. I will give the proper acknowledgement to the staff and share your great comments. Thank you again and have a great day!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel is very nice and I loved the lobby & bar area. Nothing notable about the room & I didn't use the pool or spa facilities. But the staff were above and beyond helpful and friendly. I must commend the Manager or Owner of this hotel with picking and training their staff. From the shuttle driver to check in and the wait & bar staff, everyone was helpful. The staff really reminded me of how you are treated in a 4* all inclusive resort. Good Job. Made my long weekend stay in an area that wasn't so enjoyable into a very nice mini vacay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us! It is good to hear how all the departments treated you during your stay and how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sharing your comments with the entire staff and we look forward to your next stay. Thank you again and safe travels!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I am in the middle of my second stay here over two weeks for business. This is a very good hotel, comfortable and friendly. I have always been greeted by front desk staff who actually seem to be happy with their jobs. I have enjoyed breakfast several times and the food is good, most often quickly delivered with one exception on a very busy morning.
One sign of a good staff is how they help out in a given situation. I had gotten food out but discovered I had no utensils. I went down to the restaurant to find maybe a fork, and the cook stopped what he was doing to get me a full silverware set, spoon, knife and fork with dinner napkin. A great experience and definitely more then expected given I wasn't even eating there.
Room is comfortable, Keurig coffee makers (nice) adjustable beds (also nice). Close to the freeway and refinery but I never noticed noise or smell inside the building, and not even that much outside.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Adrian P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn El Paso Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

I want to thank you for your comments on your stay with us. It is a pleasure having you come back and hearing on how well the staff treats you is music to my ears. I will share your comments with the staff and we look forward to your next stay with us. Have a great day!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Upon arrival, the check-in process was seamless but the manager who checked me in failed to disclose the rate of the room. I thought that I was getting the $90 per diem rate for military personnel but instead I received the $180 per night rate. I didn't realize that was the rate and I would have opted not to stay there if that were the case. Upon check-out, I spoke with a front desk representative, the sales manager, Aleyda Baez, and the general manager, Adrian Perez and out of all three, the general manager was the least congenial. He never apologized but only made excuses as to why the rate was so high. I was taken aback by his less than professional demeanor and lack of concern for my issue. I travel a lot for the military and out of all the Hilton properties I visit, I have never seen a general manager so unprofessional. Mr. Perez definitely needs to take some lessons from his staff on customer service skills. I was very disappointed and as a result of my interaction with him, I have decided to patronize another brand. Mr. Perez had the opportunity to save a customer but didn't really care. He only pushed policy and what he was not able to do. Eventually, he lowered the rate some but it was no where near the per diem rate. I know that this is not indicative of the Hilton Brand because I've stayed at several Hilton's that were very accommodating. The hotel is a beautiful property but the management staff's customer service does not match the beauty which is pretty sad and disappointing.

3  Thank 944keishaj
Adrian P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn El Paso Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

I am sorry you feel that way about management and the staff. When we spoke, your company made the reservation at the AAA rate and the rate was known to all prior to checking-in. The papers you where given would have shown the rate plus tax per night. You booked on a Friday trying to come the week of and with few rooms to sell per diem is not offered. When your company booked the rate they should have informed you it was not available because it was not booked at the hotel. I understand you may have wanted per diem but it was known it was not available at the time of booking. We tried to work with you and come down on the rate which was not something we normally due since we know you have to pay out of pocket. I am sorry you feel the way you do and thank you for your comments.