“Best Thai I've had in years, but poor service”
Review of Thai Chef Cafe - CLOSED

Thai Chef Cafe
Cuisines: Thai
Description: (915) 566-8050
Description: (915) 566-8050
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I'll start by saying the food was the best Thai I've had in years, and I've lived all over the country. My Pad Thai was beyond amazing and perfectly done. My husband had another noodle dish that was out of this world. The cheese wonton appetizer was delicious as well!

But be prepared for a long wait at this hole in the wall restaurant. First of all, it is located next to a strip club. I probably wouldn't go alone at night, even though it is only 2 minutes outside the Cassidy gate.

We ordered and were told they were out of peanut sauce for our satay appetizer. The waiter was nice enough to advise us against it. But after we ordered he warned us it would be an hour wait for everything and probably the appetizer as well. They should have told us that when we sat down, now after we ordered. We looked around and no one had food, but we hadn't noticed. The waiter also brought the wrong food to the table next to us, twice. He was a very nice man though, but there was clearly short on waiters and chefs!

I still think the food was absolutely worth the wait, but I'll plan ahead next time in case the wait is long. Take out menu available! I will definitely be back for that pad Thai!

1  Thank Megan E

Reviewed 21 February 2014

One can eat Mexican all over El Paso but we wanted something different. Wasn't sure Tai food could be successful in the largely Hispanic town. We weren't disappointed. Flavors were spot on and our waitress gave solid comments about the dishes we inquired about. Nothing fancy about location or building but worth the try.When we arrived the place was filled with Fort Bliss military and it was a bit loud with the music and the large parties present. Things quieted down once the military departed and we could settle in and enjoy our meal.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

This little thai place is definitely worth stopping at. The food is super reasonably priced, and it's really delicious. Service was wonderful as well. I had the Pad Thai and it was among the best I've tasted. If you are looking for some Asian cuisine, definitely check this place out.

2  Thank Alyssa_357
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

For $21 we had Thai fried rice and the green curry with chicken, plus some drinks. The food was amazing. I don't think I've finished an entire dish that quickly. And my husband ate every piece of rice off his plate. Looks scketchy outside, but the inside catches you off guard with its themed interior. Good service great food, we will be back!

1  Thank newmexico001
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I cannot believe it took us so long to try this restaurant! We live within minutes to this place but was always hesitant to go because of its location and outside appearance. Anyway, finally decided to go in and have dinner with the family. Lo and behold, a gem in central El Paso. The pad thai and green curry (a Thai family staple) were delicious. The larb gai was served warm (which was how I like it) and had a very robust flavor. My son ordered 2 iced coffee and kept saying it was one of the best thai iced coffee he has ever had (and he has had plenty from different cities).
Anyway, do not be swayed by outside appearance or the austerity of the dining room. The food all makes up for it! Two thumbs up - way up!

2  Thank SherilynAD