“Continues to be the best thai food I've had in years!”
Review of Thai Chef Cafe - CLOSED

Thai Chef Cafe
Cuisines: Thai
Description: (915) 566-8050
Description: (915) 566-8050
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I wrote a review earlier in the year, saying that the food was excellent, but the service was terrible. We went back last night and had excellent food and service. There must have been a problem on our first visit.

I've had thai food all over the country, and this is in my top 2 favorites. It's a complete hole in the wall, but the noodle dishes are amazing. The cheese wonton appetizers are also good. We even like the thai beer they have. I thought the portion on the noodle dishes were large and well priced. For 2 entrees, an appetizer, and a beer, it was only $30.

The pad thai has the most flavor of any pad thai I've had. Even my husband was impressed with it, and it's not his usual favorite.

We'll be back more often, now that we know the service problems must have been a fluke.

2  Thank Megan E

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Thai food is one of my favorites. I've had plenty of it in many different restaurants, and this place has very good food. That being said, the portion I received was small. This review is based on one visit only...please keep that in mind.

1  Thank dbgt8401
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Been there more than twice and the food is excellent, at least the curry plates (tried). Menu is extensive and resonably priced. If Thai food is your craving and in the area a visit is worthwhile, or even a trip is recommended. Staff very courteous.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I'll start by saying the food was the best Thai I've had in years, and I've lived all over the country. My Pad Thai was beyond amazing and perfectly done. My husband had another noodle dish that was out of this world. The cheese wonton appetizer was delicious as well!

But be prepared for a long wait at this hole in the wall restaurant. First of all, it is located next to a strip club. I probably wouldn't go alone at night, even though it is only 2 minutes outside the Cassidy gate.

We ordered and were told they were out of peanut sauce for our satay appetizer. The waiter was nice enough to advise us against it. But after we ordered he warned us it would be an hour wait for everything and probably the appetizer as well. They should have told us that when we sat down, now after we ordered. We looked around and no one had food, but we hadn't noticed. The waiter also brought the wrong food to the table next to us, twice. He was a very nice man though, but there was clearly short on waiters and chefs!

I still think the food was absolutely worth the wait, but I'll plan ahead next time in case the wait is long. Take out menu available! I will definitely be back for that pad Thai!

1  Thank Megan E
Reviewed 21 February 2014

One can eat Mexican all over El Paso but we wanted something different. Wasn't sure Tai food could be successful in the largely Hispanic town. We weren't disappointed. Flavors were spot on and our waitress gave solid comments about the dishes we inquired about. Nothing fancy about location or building but worth the try.When we arrived the place was filled with Fort Bliss military and it was a bit loud with the music and the large parties present. Things quieted down once the military departed and we could settle in and enjoy our meal.