“Excellent burgers and sweet potato fries!”
Review of The Hoppy Monk

The Hoppy Monk
Ranked #9 of 1,553 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Independent & Family-Owned Pub featuring 70 taps of independent beer, vast spirits selection, cocktails, cigars, and a scratch kitchen. Enjoy out on our beer garden.
El Paso, Texas
“Excellent burgers and sweet potato fries!”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We had a great time at this local burger joint. We had gourmet burgers with interesting flavors. The sweet potato fries are some of the best I've ever had. I'll definitely be back for those.
The beer list is longer than the actual menu, so perfect for beer lovers! There is a cute little outdoor area to sit, with a fountain made from beer taps!

Just a warning..my husband ordered a $25 beer without noticing...I thought the waiter should have warned him. We will definitely be back. Drive slow if you don't know where you are going...you can pass it easily!

El Paso, United States
“Simply awesome”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I guess you could call me a 'aspiring' beer connoisseur, and if you are the same, or you simply enjoy a great beer, this is the place to go. The monk has an enormous selection of craft brews and micro-brews from all over the country, and the world for that matter. The prices are fair too. On top of that, I did not have one food item on the menu that wasn't delicious. From the burgers to the chicken sandwiches to the delicious mac n cheese, you can't go wrong. If you're in El Paso, you need to stop in to the Hoppy Monk.

El Paso, Texas
“Food, Service, Atmosphere, and Beer!”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I have visited The Hoppy Monk twice so far and been nothing but impressed. It is so nice to have found a place in El Paso that cares about providing good drinks, food, and customer service. I have lived in El Paso for three years and have been disappointed entirely too often in other places. I first visited at a friend’s recommendation. The exterior is a bit dark at night so watch the road closely. Once entering the building the atmosphere is very pub like and friendly. People of all ages are joined at tables inside and out. The large wooden booths are where my friends and I have found ourselves sitting. The very impressive bar lines an entire wall with an unimaginable selection of beers. They also offer liquor as well, but it doesn't seem to be the star of the show. I was happy with a warm and friendly atmosphere and good drinks, but then I saw the menu. It is an impressive selection that I have only started to try. I can tell you that the burgers are outstanding, and I am a burger snob (try the duchess). They also offer tasty sounding specials for lunch and dinner that I hope to try out soon. My friends would consider themselves beer connoisseurs, and I am looking for good food and a mature atmosphere. I am so happy to find a place that suits everyone. If this place doesn't change they have some loyal customers here. (no smoking inside is very much appreciated and the super nice blonde waitress)

San Diego, California
“Great burgers and beer!”
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

My hubby, 6 mo old son and I were in town for the Sun Bowl last month (go Hokies!) I came across this restaurant and loved the extensive beer list and the food got great reviews. It was so good that we went back twice. The beer list is pure insanity (so good!) and the pear and blue cheese burger that I had was outstanding. I keep thinking about how I can recreate it at home. Everything is homemade from the buns to the fries. Highly recommend if you find yourself in El Paso. Manager came by a few times too. Great service!

• Visited December 2013
“Great drinks”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We have been here on several occaisions. It is a great place to meet friends and co-workers after work for drinks. They have a huge selection of micro-brews as well as cocktails.

Visited December 2013