“Trying new places”

Dining options: After-hours
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Trying new places”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We had friends visiting and after an afternoon at Sunland Park we wanted to have a casual dinner. If you like micro-brews this is the place! Also the food was very good. Sort of noisy but there is an outside patio for the warmer weather.

• Visited March 2014

Lockport, New York
“Great patio”
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

We did not eat at The Hoppy Monk but instead had a few drinks on their patio. Their menu is intense. There were a ton of different beers on tap and bottled to choose from. I had the pear cider which I enjoyed. We liked the atmosphere our on the patio and would definitely return.

El Paso, Texas
“Craft brews and single malts”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I'd been curious about this place and recently stopped by to see what it's all about. They offer what is probably El Paso's most extensive selection of craft and micro-brewed beers, along with an impressive collection of single malt Scotch. I treated myself to a couple of drafts and then topped it off with a shot of 18 yr old Macallan. Although I didn't stay for a meal, they have a kitchen with a tempting menu and I'll be sure to return soon to sample their offerings.

El Paso, Texas
“Excellent burgers and sweet potato fries!”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We had a great time at this local burger joint. We had gourmet burgers with interesting flavors. The sweet potato fries are some of the best I've ever had. I'll definitely be back for those.
The beer list is longer than the actual menu, so perfect for beer lovers! There is a cute little outdoor area to sit, with a fountain made from beer taps!

Just a warning..my husband ordered a $25 beer without noticing...I thought the waiter should have warned him. We will definitely be back. Drive slow if you don't know where you are going...you can pass it easily!

• Visited February 2014
El Paso, United States
“Simply awesome”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I guess you could call me a 'aspiring' beer connoisseur, and if you are the same, or you simply enjoy a great beer, this is the place to go. The monk has an enormous selection of craft brews and micro-brews from all over the country, and the world for that matter. The prices are fair too. On top of that, I did not have one food item on the menu that wasn't delicious. From the burgers to the chicken sandwiches to the delicious mac n cheese, you can't go wrong. If you're in El Paso, you need to stop in to the Hoppy Monk.

• Visited February 2014