“Best Shrimp Tacos and affordable seafood in El Paso”
Review of Mac's Place

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mac's Place
Ranked #162 of 1,594 Restaurants in El Paso
Reviewed 19 June 2014

As mentioned before this one restaurant in Crisisotomo so it can be hard to find or see from the road, but it is well worth finding. The menu is very affordable, six dollars for many of the seafood entrees. My wife had the blackened fish sandwich and I had the honey chipotle tacos with shrimp in them. The sandwich my wife had was delicious, the fish did not require any additional sauce or seasoning. We were both also surprised with the fries, they were hand cut fries and had loads of flavor. The shrimp tacos, which could be available with any kind of seafood (fish is the norm), were outstanding. The shrimp were very large in size, not the salad size that you usually get. The tortillas were adequate, not the best not the worst. What made them so good was the slaw and the sauce. it made the tacos spicy but the sweet finish of the sauce balanced it well. For desert we have the Pineapple Cheesecake. The cheesecake was a delight, a very light cheesecake with tons of pineapple flavor. We will go back for sure.

1  Thank sargestarg

Reviewed 5 October 2013

One of three eateries inside Crisisotomo, this is the fish side, and a darn good one, too. It makes for a great, quick lunch, the kind most workers are subject to. What's better, if your not feeling fishy, try a delicious taco or burrito at one of the other eateries. I look forward to returning because, after all, I'm now a pescetarian--none of the other meats at the time being (until I start my Irene's Pedal at Thanksgiving, when I eat anything and everything to keep my 400lbs/181kgs Doublevision rolling long distance/multi-day) and gorging myself on the missed meat!