“NOT BEST WESTERN WORTHY”

Best Western Sunland Park Inn
Ranked #52 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Middletown, Ohio
“NOT BEST WESTERN WORTHY”
Reviewed 8 October 2011

I stayed here to take my son to Western Playland for his birthday. We had to change rooms twice because of poor air conditioning. The afternoon lady that was working wwas on the phone most of the time and in the morning there was no breakfast attendant at all. The breakfast room is a closet! And don't get me started on how many pigeon feathers are everywhere! The pool was filthy and freezing so my 2 children were highly disappointed as was I. Do not stay here it is just a headache!

Room Tip: Both rooms I tried were hot and dirty. Poor construction also.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Bettina M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 7 June 2011

The motel had inadequate parking. The room was just average. But, the thing that was totally unaccceptable, was, there was no hot water for a shower in the morning at 6AM. When I mentioned this to the desk clerk upon leaving she really did not seem to care.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank scm57
Chihuahua, Mexico
Reviewed 10 February 2011

We stayed here in January 2011 and Feb. 2011. We spent much more at the Hotel Real Camino in El Paso and were just as comfortable!! Its near the border crossing and the casino which makes it easy. The area for shopping is outstanding! I vowed we will not stay anywhere else while in El Paso!! Management is the best and the help super nice!! Thanks for keeping it comfortable and clean!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
New mexico
Reviewed 19 March 2008

What a dive! $79.00 per night? Filthy, room smelled bad. I would not recommend this hotel. Not up to the standards of any other best western Ive ever stayed at.

Stayed March 2008
2 Thank Dumbdave
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 February 2006

I use Best Western regularly on travel for work. This was by far the worst Best Western I have ever stayed at. It is a two-story, outdoor entrance motel. The continental breakfast was the worst ever (packaged honey buns, rice crispies and coffee). There were cockroaches in the room. The towels were not clean. The one redeeming quality was the young man serving as afternoon clerk.

• Stayed January 2006, travelled on business
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
NOTTINGHAM, ENGLAND
Reviewed 5 June 2005

Not the usual standard of Best Western. We paid £40 per room per night but it didn't meet my expectations after staying at other hotels in the same price range. It was conveniently located for Sunland Park Racetrack and Casino. The rooms were clean but the hallways could do with some attention. A lick of paint and new carpets would brighten the place up. The desk clerk was unattentive but the facilities, pool etc were adequate for a one night stay. I would try somewhere else if going to El Paso again.

• Stayed May 2004
3 Thank TANYA66
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 December 2004

Before moving to El Paso, I made several trips to find a job, an apartment, etc. For two of my visits I stayed at the Best Western at Sunland Park. When I received my credit card bill I noticed that I had been charged for an extra room. I called several times to try to solve the problem. The person that would answer the phone would always direct me to someone else who couldn't help and that person would tell me to talk to someone else. Finally, after trying for several days, they told me thay couldn't help me and to talk to my credit card company. No one ever had any answers for me and the owner who worked there was never available to speak with.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member