“Superior Customer Service”

Ranked #45 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Chino, California
“Superior Customer Service”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Wow, talk about being taken care of; yes this is the place, Rocky was the front desk rep that attended to our needs; we made reservations thru BW800#, Rocky made the key and sent us on our way; we decided to be closer to the front office; so Rocky arranged to get us a new room; however the TV did not work; so what Rocky was there again and jumped to the occasion and assigned us another room; his friendly smile and positive demeanor it was no prob for us to move again. We were finally in our room and could not stop talking about Rocky. The next morning we were delighted to see the breakfast room; Nice set up and mini waffles (that was a plus) ready to eat and warm; we told the Manager the place was very nice and pleasantly suprising; and we acknowledged Rocky's initiative to deliver superior customer service; definitely Rocky is a keeper!

Room Tip: ALthough located by freeway and heavy traffic; we did not hear the noise we were able to sleep sound...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I helped my son move from Fort Riley, Kansas to Fort Bliss, Texas. From the time we arrived until we left everyone was very kind and helpful. We had to keep extending our stay because we had trouble finding an apartment and everyone from the front desk, the breakfast staff, room maids, to Rohit (who helped with the computer) were always ready to help and take care of us. Thank you Best Western Airport Inn in El Paso!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
full time
Reviewed 4 February 2012

They advertise 24/7 shuttle,not true. I had to pay cab fares both ways. Hot Breakfast was not limited choices. Paid for resturant meal next door

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Austin
Reviewed 12 January 2012

We stayed here over three nights while visiting family in El Paso. I just had to LOL at one of the previous comments about this hotel. I grew up in El Paso and although I have not lived there in 20 years I can tell you this: this hotel is NOT located in the ghetto it’s located in a retail/restaurant/business center right on the interstate. Obviously that reviewer has never seen a real ghetto.

That said, if you are looking for a no-frills, safe, budget-friendly place to sleep and shower plus get a FREE cup of coffee and a bagel in the morning, this is it. We arrived on a cold rainy/snowy night and it’s so nice to pull up to a covered entrance when the weather is bad. We had a reservation so check-in was a breeze. The room looked newly remodeled with new carpet, bedding, a super-clean bathroom, and even had a flat screen television. The vanity area has a granite countertop and overall the décor is fine.

We encountered one issue while staying here, not a deal breaker but worth mentioning. Our room was at the back of the property and one morning we were awakened by the trash pickup complete with dumpsters clanging so loud it made some of the car alarms go off – not a good way to start your day so ask for a room toward the front of the property if you’re not an early bird. Other than that it was a good stay and would stay again on future visits to ELP.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JackpotJudy
Newport,South Wales
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel last year while on vacation and booked a stay for this year,bad choice.
The front desk people had booked me a room far inferior to last years, on checking it out and then returning to the desk I was then given a room equal to last years, with one big difference.
I was bitten many times in the night by an insect living in the bed. I discovered and killed it which left a bloody mess on the sheets. On reporting this to the front desk they were not overly concerned and there was no talk of any bill deductions.
I had also booked a stay for 2 weeks later on my return to the area,thinking that the previous stay was a bad one off.Wrong! when I checked in I was told that there were no no smoking rooms available on the ground floor and I had to use a 1st floor room(in the US this is the "2nd Floor) I was told that there were no lifts. I am 67 years old with a large suitcase for my 14 night holiday,I pointed this out but was not offered any assistance.
I proceeded to the assigned room to find it was up a metal staircase,I tried to get my heavy suitcase up but failed.
I returned to the front desk and pointed this out,I was then offered a room for the disabled on the ground floor,If I had been disabled this room was totally useless.
The coffee tray was on top of the fridge and microwave and I had to carry it around the room to find an electrical point to plug it in.The bathroom had a low wash hand basin but had absolutely no place to put toiletries on when using it. i.e my shaving kit etc.,
What a disappointment,how can the quality of staff drop so much in one year.Bad training or poor management?

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Biloxi, Mississippi
Reviewed 20 November 2011

This is not a Ritz Carlton or 4-Seasons! What it is is: Clean, convenient, friendly staff and very low rates. I would recommend it if you plan a short stay and like a great value.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 November 2011

It's good enough but you need to ask for a room at the back so you don't hear the noise of the Highway

• Stayed November 2011