“Great place”

and 1 more site!
Coral Motel
Ranked #53 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Reviewed 4 September 2009

really enjoyed staying here but don't put anything in the frig you don't want frozen...it will explode; call ahead of time so they can turn on air conditioner other wise it is hot as heck

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank venus_mc
There are newer reviews for Coral Motel

Reviewed 25 July 2009

Traveling west on I-10, my husband and I decided to spend the night in El Paso. We logged onto Tripadvisor and chose the Coral Motel. The location was pretty good. I believe it is near the airport, and it was also near a mix of stores, restaurants, and a movie theater. The check-in host was very nice, and gave us a good recommendation for dinner. It is an old-school motor court hotel, and every room has its own covered parking spot! We thought it funny at first, but when it poured down rain that evening we were more appreciative. The room was fairly clean, but there were a few stray hairs here and there...no more than four or five in the whole room & bathroom. The AC worked pretty well, and we had a good night's sleep. Vintage postcards of the motel are available for a quarter in the hotel office! It was a perfectly decent place to stay for one night, especially for the price of less than $50. I

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank incurably_inane
Reviewed 2 July 2009

I'm torn about this place. If I were staying there by myself, or perhaps with just my wife, I *might* stay there again, but that would only be for the low price. We stayed with our infant son, and I guess that changed things for us.

First of all, parking, exterior, staff, and price are all acceptable. Inside is really the problem. It's just not that clean, everything was just a little bit sticky, and the bathroom, while clean enough was very old and hadn't really been substantially updated so we decided not to bath our son in the tub, which was disappointing. (Caulk, grout, and paint was brown and crumbling.) The environment inside was pretty poor. We showed up and the A/C was off (June in El Paso!), so our room was about 90 degrees and extremely humid. The unit air conditioner cooled our room in about 3 hours, and after that it was too cold on one side of the room (where the ac was blowing directly on our son's pack & play) and too hot on the window/door side. We also sneezed quite a bit so I suspect there was a dust problem - my guess is the mattress was to blame, which by the way we got to see up close & personal since the sheets were just draped over the mattress (not fitted), so any movement from us exposed a pretty gross mattress that we really didn't want to see.

Staff was very nice. We sat outside and had some drinks while our baby slept and the manager didn't give us any problems, which I do appreciate. Location was acceptable; plenty of stuff around, restaurants, fast food, starbucks, gas, etc. Parking was a high point - each room had a space right in front (with a trash can) that was very roomy for one car and could fit two cars if you had them in your party. The parking was half-covered, too which is nice.

Summary: Cute and functional exterior belies a pretty junky interior. I guess I would have rather paid the same amount for bland but clean and new. Probably would not stay here again.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank maastrichtian
Reviewed 30 December 2008

We came to El Paso to visit friends. . The motel is wonderful and we have never experienced such incredible service before. It was so refreshing to know that there are actually such nice people who greet you with a smile everyday and the rooms are incredibly very clean and very comfy. Everything is within walking distance such as Denny's, Chili's, Pizza Hut, and even Applebee's and Cattle Baron's. The manager, Rocky, is a very cool and down to earth guy. He gave us some cool ideas for recreation. We would definetely return to The Coral Motel. It's worth it.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank yarea
Reviewed 14 June 2008

Very nice, clean place to stay. Reasonable prices for the area.
Free Hi-Speed and Covered Parking in front of your room. Definitely a must in the hot weather. No free breakfast but lots of places near by to eat.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank JoeVDallas
Reviewed 27 February 2008

Booked for a Wed. 1 night, and it was fine for $52. Room and bathroom were clean. Sink is small, no shampoo or other sample sizes, just soap. Bed was very big, blankets were the inexpensive kind that dont feel cozy, so I wrapped up in the sheet. The heater/cooler is very very loud. The locks on the doors are the switchbolt (no chain) so I was a little eh about that so I put the chair against the door, but I'm a girl. Rooms have beautiful wood beams in them. Overall, I'd stay again but I should have turned the fan unit off. The check in staff was very nice. You can park right in front of your room (covered). Hotel could easily step it up 1 notch with some investments of more soft and cozy blankets and fluffier towels and this place would be a hit!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ms9
Reviewed 3 January 2008

I found the Coral Motel by doing a Google search on "el paso motel wireless". I read a number of glowing reviews on some other travel sites, so I booked the room for two nights.

The motel is a wonderfully restored classic kitschy motel next to the El Paso airport. The front desk staff was friendly; the room was spacious and clean, with charming old 50s decor; the beds were very comfortable. Each room has its own semi-covered parking spot.

The wireless is free and the connection was reasonable -- room 110 had a low signal strength, but our computers mostly stayed connected.

The hotel is located about a 10 minute drive from downtown El Paso, along an old US highway strip that is full of great restaurants that are seemingly unchanged since 1955, serving excellent Texas-style barbecue, Tex-Mex, and American comfort food.

It was definitely a step above a Motel 6, though the $55 per night price was higher than I would expect from a non-chain motel, even one as nice as the Coral.

• Stayed: January 2008