I grew up in El Paso and for as long as I can remember the Camino Real (and under all its previous owners) has been THE swanky place to stay in El Paso. When I got the chance to stay there I was very excited - but that excitement soon faded once I got to my room. It wasn't the out-dated facilities that bothered me - I would have been fine with that, but the fact that the sheets REAKED of bleach, were stained (which I didn't realize until the last day), had cotton ball "pills" (i.e., they were really old) and the bathtub had easily removed mold (I ran my fingernail over it to see how hard it would be to remove it and it came off without effort.) AND the "new"carpet REAKED of funk and wet dog! And no I didn't contact the management about it, because I didn't want to have to deal with the hassle it would have been. (I was traveling on business with my toddler and it would have been a HUGE hassle to have them correct those issues.)
I did ask them for washcloths since there weren't any and more light so I could read at the desk since there was only one free standing lamp about 5 feet from the desk. Housekeeping did deliver those without issue.
I gave it an "OK" because I LOVE the Tiffany Domes - BUT he rooms need desperate help. And No, I wouldn't stay there again for a long time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1912, our Texas landmark hotel is located in the heart of downtown El Paso, adjacent to the El Paso Convention Center and within walking distance of museums, historic San Jacinto Plaza, Downtown Entertainment and Business Districts. Guests will enjoy La Huerta Restaurant Open from 6 am until 11 pm, opened from Mon to Sunday Dome Restaurant Open from Tuesday to Saturday from 5 pm to 11 pm Pool Open from 6 am to 11 pm Gym open 24hrs Room service from 6 am until 12 am Secured underground parking Complimentary airport shuttle safe deposit box bilingual staff Business center 24Hrs Union Plaza District about 20 restaurants and bars just 5 min in walking distance Chihuahua's Baseball Stadium 1 block away Hudson Williams Convention center across the street San Jacinto Plaza only 1 block away Museum of art across the street Museum of History 2 blocks away Public Library 3 block away SunBowl Stadium 2 min drive Cincinati District with bars and restaurants next to UTEP only 5 min drive - Located in the Hearth of El Paso, a Texas Landmark part of Historic Hotels of America, with Texas Sized rooms, and a distintion in service with 357 rooms and 19 meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Camino Real El Paso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camino Real El Paso Hotel El Paso
- Camino Real Hotel El Paso
- El Paso Camino Real