The Camino Real is located directly across from the Convention Center, and is the only hotel downtown. So, if you attend a meeting or conference at the CC, the Camino Real has the best location. The hotel lobby, Dome Restaurant, and Dome Bar are impressive and nicely kept up. The service in the casual restaurant, Azuelos, is also good. But that's where it ends. As I exited the elevator on the 8th floor, I immediately noticed the dirty and stained carpets held together by duck tape at the seams. The walls are soiled and completey scratched up. More of the same for the guest rooms, worn-out carpet, chipped and knicked furniture, bed spread that had been washed so much, it had serious fading, a lamp with a blow out bulb, others with bulbs very dim (so as not to fully disclose how bad the room was), and very old bathrooms where moldy tile grout has imbedded permanently. I've been to El Paso before, so if you don't need to be across the street from the Convention Center, then stay out by the airport at the Embassy Suites, Marriott, or Hilton. Those hotels offer newer clean guest rooms, and meet the expectations you might have for those hotel brands. I mentioned my experience to a colleague who works in El Paso, and he indicated the Camino Real was a Hilton for only a year before Hilton had to remove their "flag" from the property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1912, our Texas landmark hotel is located in the heart of downtown El Paso, adjacent to the El Paso Convention Center and within walking distance of museums, historic San Jacinto Plaza, Downtown Entertainment and Business Districts. Guests will enjoy La Huerta Restaurant Open from 6 am until 11 pm, opened from Mon to Sunday Dome Restaurant Open from Tuesday to Saturday from 5 pm to 11 pm Pool Open from 6 am to 11 pm Gym open 24hrs Room service from 6 am until 12 am Secured underground parking Complimentary airport shuttle safe deposit box bilingual staff Business center 24Hrs Union Plaza District about 20 restaurants and bars just 5 min in walking distance Chihuahua's Baseball Stadium 1 block away Hudson Williams Convention center across the street San Jacinto Plaza only 1 block away Museum of art across the street Museum of History 2 blocks away Public Library 3 block away SunBowl Stadium 2 min drive Cincinati District with bars and restaurants next to UTEP only 5 min drive - Located in the Hearth of El Paso, a Texas Landmark part of Historic Hotels of America, with Texas Sized rooms, and a distintion in service with 357 rooms and 19 meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Camino Real El Paso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camino Real El Paso Hotel El Paso
- Camino Real Hotel El Paso
- El Paso Camino Real