“Good only”

Ranked #41 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Guadalajara, Mexico
“Good only”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I just want to congratulate all the staff at the hotel, the hotel, the room, the staff at everywhere, so kind, it's like stay at my own home, the breakfast phenomenal, hope to return in my next vacations

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Rio Rancho
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Hotel room was just above average, but the room could have been more clean and the bathroom could have been maintained better. A little more attention to details in the room and bathroom would have raised my rating to at least "very good." Mattress was way to soft.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Guadalajara, Mexico
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The room I had was the worst room I ever had in LA QUINTA. From WIFI to the towels all is old and terrible condition. I asked to front desk to resolve the WIFI situation and they just did nothing that night, they told me to wait until day after. The bathroom, towels, pillows, carpet had around 10 years old. Definitely any rest I had that night plus I couldn´t do any work in my laptop.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Tucumcari, United States
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Good motel to stay, would recommend staying on the back side of motel away from the interstate. Motel is in a good area to base out of leading to other areas of the city, that way you do not have the travel times for sightseeing.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Hythe Kent
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Because this place is cheap does not make it good. We stayed one night only, the carpet was filthy the walls & ceiling looked like they had been used for target practice. the rubbish bins were just below our room. Seedy would describe this motel more accurately.The food was poor. I would never have booked a place like this, we were on a pre-booked tour, we paid extra for upgraded rooms. Ha! that's a joke!

Room Tip: the best rooms are not in this establishment. Don't stay here
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Greenfield, MA
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I flew in from New England to have a brief reunion with my older sisters. While they both live in the area, we thought it would be fun to be able to stay in a hotel together.

One of my sisters has MS and requires handicap facilities. My sister called your hotel six weeks in advance to secure rooms, making sure one was a handicap room; and hopefully adjoining another room in order to be close to my sister with special needs should she require help.

Check in was a disaster! (Monday, Feb 17, ’14) It took the front desk person over 30 minutes to check us in. Despite our contacting your facility well in advanced, she said there were no adjoining rooms. (However, the room between one of my sisters and me remained unoccupied my entire stay.) The woman at the desk assured us the rooms were handicap; which they weren’t.

Placing railing in the bath tub does not mean it is handicap accessible. There is no way a handicap person could get into and out of the bath tub.

The bed was way too high for a handicap person. My sister had great difficulty getting into bed and once there, couldn’t get out of bed without the same difficulty.

Needless to say, the first night was so bad my sister checked out and went home. Our reunion was spoiled.

When I asked the man at the front desk what happened, as our reservations were made well in advance to insure we got adjoining and handicap rooms, he stated that reservations only guarantee a room; not the type of room. I couldn’t believe it.

There are hotels all across the US which gladly and willingly accommodate travelers with special needs but La Quinta is not one of them. LA QUINTA IS NOT FOR SPECIAL NEEDS TRAVELERS.

Due to how the whole reservations were handled, I will never stay there again and will make sure others know about your “reservation policy”.

The rooms were clean. The breakfast was simply okay. The only fruit were three bruised apples. The bread and bagels were only good for toast, as they were extremely stale.

My family stays in your hotels often, which I’m sure that will change.

Room Tip: If you are a traveler with special needs, this hotel will not guarentee handicap rooms.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn El Paso Cielo Vista, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
We've read your review of your stay at our La Quinta Inn El Paso - Cielo Vista. We appreciate you sharing your comments, and we're sorry we disappointed your family during your stay with us. Being able to have a comfortable room that meets your expectations, especially when you've called in advance, is important, and we'd like to chat with you further about your specific situation. Would you please reach out to us at tripadvisor@laquinta.com? Thanks again for writing to us, and we're looking forward to hearing from you soon.