“Poor Service, I mean really Bad!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, El Paso Sunland Park

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, El Paso Sunland Park
Ranked #17 of 82 Hotels in El Paso
Idaho
“Poor Service, I mean really Bad!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

This is a nice enough hotel although the room I had was in back and a bit dated. It also has a maze like quality when on the 2nd level... The biggest, well all the service problems started at check-in. First at 149.00 per night I would think that you would be informed of what you receive. I got a key and he left the desk and did not return, then I returned and asked if it included breakfast and he said yes the complete buffet, Then left the desk again! I waited and asked for the voucher his smart response was "well most guests just come get it in the morning... Ok maybe... so I go to the dining room and waited 15 minutes with no service went back to the desk and asked if the restaurant closed early? No I will get someone turns out the whole staff was in back talking... ordered a quick burger 15 more minutes and again I had to ask if I could have my Ice tea. Another 10 minutes I got my burger and it was very good! In the Morning went for breakfast and it also was good but I saw no juice so I asked for a juice and I got it.... I also got a bill for 3.25 plus tax for that juice... Needless to say this may look like a 3 1/2 star hotel but the service is 1/2 star... other better options close... went to another hotel... for the rest of my 4 day stay in El Paso...

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank racerguyIdaho
rpenceElPaso, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, El Paso Sunland Park, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to write your review. Because of your comments we were able to follow up on every issue you addressed, and found that we needed to address these things with all of our employees. You have also helped us address the procedure for handing out the breakfast coupons, which I admit that we were not consistent in doing.
While I am very sorry that you did not experience a pleasant stay (which we are known for), you have helped us learn from our mistakes, and take action to ensure we do a better job overall, going forward. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know.
Our sincere apologies, and I am hopeful that we will be given a chance to see you again. Please feel free to contact me directly.
rpence@spirehotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Abilene, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

Bathroom is only 5' x 5' just enough room for a toilet and shower. That doesn't really bother me - the room was large. It's an older property, but they are not letting it go downhill and I saw maintenance working round the clock on various tasks. Water pressure was a little aggresive, shower kind of hurt. You are several miles from downtown, but near good shopping and eating. We ate dinner at their restaurant. Food isn't awesome, but price is good. They have a good breakfast buffet for about $11. Very nice workout room. Rooms have outside entrances which we normally don't like, but wasn't an issue - felt safe. Long way from the parking lot to the room, so hauling luggage can be a challenge. We stayed the previous week in El Paso at a Comfort Inn/Suites which was ranked much higher at the time - this was a better overall experience.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review! Yes, our hotel is unique, but have found that guests do enjoy the "Villa style" layout. Our employees do work very hard everyday to ensure the grounds and rooms are kept clean and maintained - so thank you for noticing that. I will share your review with all of our Team members at our next Employee Luncheon, and I know they will appreciate it.
We look forward to seeing you again in the near future, and if I can ever be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me personally!

Robin Pence - GM
rpence@spirehotels.com
Ontario, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

This Holiday Inn is not fancy but clean and home like.The staff go out of their way to make your stay comfortable.Free shuttle to and from airport and within 7 miles of hotel. Huge kudos' to Pauline and Margaret, front desk. More training needed for new front desk employee's. Restaurant fairly good for breakfast, usually empty for dinner; but more than happy to accommodate your needs. Pillows awful and staff does not seem to know on their hotel TV channel they offer about 6 different types.Our family stays here as close to our Father. There was a problem with a male shuttle driver for his in-appropriate behavior which was reported to corporate HR and the general manager of hotel. Also, problems with having rooms cleaned and when reported to front desk, told it was too late to clean! I will stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from elevator and close to lobby. Little or no handicap facilities.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, El Paso Sunland Park, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Dear Shannai,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you and your family. Your comments about the pillows has been documented and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

While me and my family were traveling through the pan handel of Texas, about half way from our trip from San Diego and SPI we had our vehicle break down off the 10 and were stranded for two days while the vehicle got fixed. During our stay we where accommodated very well from room service and the free shuttle that took us where ever we needed to go and also we were picked up in a timely manner when we called to be picked back up. Ask for Corina and Joey they where on duty both nights and where very helpful in our stay they even turned the Hot tub on so my family could enjoy the pool during the cold part of year. As well as the bar was open late in the lobby and the bar tender George was the nicest man ever and keep our glasses full all night and at a fair price as well. We plan on stopping and staying for rest half way for ours trips from now on!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
rpenceElPaso, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, El Paso Sunland Park, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
While I am sorry to hear about your car troubles, we happy that we were able to welcome you to our hotel! Hopefully we will see you again in the near future (but not due to car problems!). We want to be your new "home away from home" when traveling through El Paso. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance. Thank you for taking the time to l us know about your experience.
Mimbres, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

We stayed here the evening of the Sunland Derby and cannot say enough about the great staff. The front desk employees are delightful,Lorenzo, the shuttle driver is so pleasant and informative and Luis Z, our server at breakfast, could not do enough to make sure we had a good start to our day. The rooms are comfortable and even housekeeping went out of their way to locate a tea to our liking. The only complaint was an extremely long wait to be seated for dinner on Sunday evening and to place our order. We ended up calling a pizza place that told us we could not have delivery for an hour and a half. The pizza arrived before we were served our (very good) Cesar salad in the dining room. We watched other couples give up and leave.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
rpenceElPaso, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, El Paso Sunland Park, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Thank you for giving us your feedback. It is greatly appreciated. Your comments will helps go from a good hotel to great hotel.
Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013 via mobile

This is not the newest or the most luxurious hotel by a LONGSHOT. But, it's attractive, comfortable, and roomy. I found the staff to be very friendly, and the grounds are well maintained. The beds and pillows aren't great, but their okay. The bathrooms are small, and there's no enclosed closet- and older style hotel. But, in it's day it was excellent, and it's still very nice. Much less costly than other El Paso hotels- this is definitely where i will stay when in El Paso from now on.

Stayed February 2013
rpenceElPaso, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, El Paso Sunland Park, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Thank you for staying here with us at the full service Holiday Inn Sunland Park El Paso. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. If I can ever be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me directly.

New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2013

This Holiday Inn is located out of El Paso about 10 miles west of Downtown.
Rate 3.2 Stars
- Fast, Friendly, Accurate Checkin
- Apartment style layout with multiple buildings - Outdoor entrances to each room
- 2 Levels per building / large property
- Outdoor Pool with Hot Tub
- Comfortable Bedding
- Refrigerator / Microwave / Flat Screen HD
- Hot Water on Timers - Good in the AM hours / Limited in the PM
- Tub would not drain water
- Low water pressure at shower head
- Not as clean as other Holiday Inn's / Hair in sink and tub
- Mold appearing in bathroom corners
- HVAC terrible! Noisy and rattled throughout the night - cycles on/off - disruptive to sleep
- Decent Wi-Fi (2.9 Megs)

This hotel is in need of renovation.

Safe Travels!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, El Paso Sunland Park, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Dear Land&Sea,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving feedback of our hotel. I am happy to know that you found our location to be convenient for your needs. I am deeply sorry that you found your stay to be less than satisfactory due to the issues experienced with the maintenance levels on site and amenities not working as expected. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Once again, thank you for your review and I do apologize and regret that these issues impacted your stay with us.

Pam G.