“No views but still a great value and experience.”

Holiday Inn El Paso West-Sunland Park
Ranked #17 of 83 Hotels in El Paso
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This little gem does not offer rooms with a view because of the way the property is situated. Nor do the windows open at all. Another thing I didn't care for was their steak dinner which I had ordered via room service... However, the things they do offer far outweigh these things I just mentioned.

The service is great! Everyone is friendly and knowledgeable. The rooms are comfortable. They are quiet and dark once lights are turned out for sleeping which I loved. Pillows, sheets, and towels were comfy and I liked the toiletries they offered. They offered mouthwash and a makeup removing towelette along with the standard shampoo, conditioner, and soap... very nice!

As for the hotel grounds and offerings, I was blown away! They have far more than what I would have expected by the outside appearances. There is a fitness center, a pool, a kids pool, and a jacuzzi, the have room service, a breakfast buffet, free parking, a bar, a restaurant that is open for breakfast and dinner, and they are located near fast food, a market, a mall, and a casino.

**Lastly, they have a complimentary shuttle service that will take you within a 7 mile radius of the hotel as well as to the airport. Not only that, they will drive you to your destination AND pick you up! All you have to do is call them. Did I mention this is free?!

because the rooms have a microwave and a refrigerator, we were able to enjoy eating out and having food in our room which we had purchased at the market nearby. I highly recommend this place. It was a great stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
caguilera0819, General Manager at Holiday Inn El Paso West-Sunland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thank you so much!! We really appreciate your kind and honest review of our hotel - the Holiday Inn Sunland Park El Paso, and also for choosing to stay with us. We are very fortunate to have a team here with longivity and also a heightened sense of guest service. They were be so pleased to hear your comments, and I thank you for taking the time to post your review. Please let me know if I can ever be of any assistance in the future - and please come back soon!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Monday 8-26-13 (three night stay)

Easy to find, nice location a little bit from downtown, which I found to be a good thing. In a nice area, which I guess is called Sunland Park. Check in was quick and the lobby was nicely set up, each clerk has their own little “kiosk” which I have not seen before. The restaurant and bar is connected to the lobby. I did not use the restaurant. The bar was nice, but overpriced for a weak drink and the bartender was none too friendly. However, I did need a corkscrew and a bottle opener once and the restaurant staff were helpful and pleasant.

Pool is a lot smaller then the pictures make it look like, but it was clean. The hot tub is connected and a nice size. Also, around the pool area they have a few tables and chairs and also a grill available to use. They do provide pool towels.

The sleeping room itself, was “interesting”. This is the type where each room has a separate entrance, not down the hallway, but from outside. They have 9 buildings, and I believe each has 3-4 floors. We were lucky to get on the ground level, which I would definitely recommend. The room was clean and nice bedding. Our room had a microwave and a refrigerator. The bathroom is extremely small, but it gets the job done. We had an issue with the t.v. but it was solved fairly quickly.

If ever in Texas again, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for letting us know about your past stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Sunland Park El Paso. We appreciate any feedback and comments from our guests - it helps us know what we are doing right and what we may need to improve upon. I will be sharing your review with not only the department managers, but also our team. We are especially happy to hear that you will be visiting us again in the future, and please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance. Thank you so much again!

Robin Pence-GM
pencer@gfhotels.com

Reviewed 4 September 2013

My son and I were going through El Paso on our way to his college in Arizona. Because the back of his truck was full of his belongings, our priority was to find a hotel where it would be safe overnight, and we did feel very safe here. This is a large hotel complex on the nicer side of El Paso, right across the highway from Sunland Park Mall and close to Mesa Street where there are a lot of good restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Fran W

Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your kind and honest review of our hotel - the Holiday Inn Sunland Park El Paso. We find that our easy access from I-10, along with our location and the businesses that surround us - travelers like yourself appreciate what we have to offer. I hope that when you travel back and forth from Arizona to visit your son in college, you will make sure to stop in and stay with us! Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance. Thank you again!

pencer@gfhotels.com

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The staff here was great. Airport pick up/drop off was a definite benefit Only thing was some of the clientele were questionable. I think some of them did not actually live there, but were there "hanging out". This is a very big motel type complex. Because your room door is outside, I felt a bit uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Feel safer near main office
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn El Paso West-Sunland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Dear MamaIntl,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are so pleased you found our staff to be great. Please allow us to apologize for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 7 August 2013

The rooms were excellent, the resturant had very good service and food. The swimming pool was very clean. The staff were friendly. I enjoyed the coupons for the snack bar that were given. Would recommend staying here anytime.

Room Tip: I would recommend any room there.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
rpenceElPaso, General Manager at Holiday Inn El Paso West-Sunland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here at the full service Holiday Inn Sunland Park. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again very soon.

Sincerely, Robin Pence - GM

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Staff was excellent. Resturant on site and excellent. Breakfast excellent and staff very friendly. Room was very clean and temp (cool) in room was excellent because it was very very hot outside. Pool looked very clean. Great location. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
rpenceElPaso, General Manager at Holiday Inn El Paso West-Sunland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Thank you for your kind and honest review concerning your past stay at the Holiday Inn Sunland Park - we greatly appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we did.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Sunland Park and I was very impressed with my experience. Staff was friendly and offered assistance. The breakfast was wonderful and great service from George in the bar!! When I walked into the room it smelt very fresh and clean and that's most important to me. House keeping staff seemed happy and smiled as they walked by. I will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: June 2013
rpenceElPaso, General Manager at Holiday Inn El Paso West-Sunland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Thank you so much for your honest review! We appreciate you staying here with us at the Holiday Inn Sunland Park El Paso. I will make sure to share your kind comments with the team. Hope to see you again in the near future!