“Good, comfortable and friendly”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, El Paso Sunland Park
Ranked #17 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Houston, Texas
“Good, comfortable and friendly”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed for six nights while visiting our new grandson over the New Year holiday. We have stayed here before and on both occasions were very happy with the room and staff. Very friendly. They put up with being shown innumerable photos of a baby very well.We didn't eat breakfast here, nor did we use the spa, so cannot rate those, but the bar food at night (nachos) was excellent.
Will definitely stay here again when we visit.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Robin P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, El Paso Sunland Park, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you so very much for the 5 Star review - we appreciate your kind and honest comments concerning your stay at the Holiday Inn Sunland Park EL Paso, and look frward to your next stay. Bring us some updated photos of the baby!

Robin Pence
pencer@gfhotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Covina, California
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We came to El Paso for the Sun Bowl. My 12 year old son and I stayed here for 3 nights and I picked this location for the best price and closeness to the stadium. had conversations with management before my arrival and it was everything promised. Room was great with flat screen TV comfortable beds and we had a view of the pool. Staff was friendly and helpful and breakfast was good as well. there is a family entertainment center within walking distance of hotel. They have video games and go karts and a batting cage. My first trip to El Paso was awesome and if I return this is the hotel I would stay at again. Thank you Robin and staff for making us feel like family!

Room Tip: Building 2 overlooks the pool.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking time to let us know how much you enjoyed your past stay with us. We appreciate the kind comments and I will make sure to share with the entire team. Please let me know if I can ever be of any assistance with future reservations.

Torreón
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I stayed one night, and my parents stayed two. Fiona checked us in, we forgot to put a request for a crib, so she took care of it right away. In fact, she made it to the room even faster than us! Breakfast was AWESOME!! Loved the omelet station! And un Sundays they have MENUDO, yum!

We forgot my kid's luggage and when I called, Rosio, the housekeeping mgr was efficient on getting me the paperwork they needed so they could send it back to me! Plus, my parents said she was great with them and their room was super clean!

Fiona called me to follow up on my luggage and made sure I got the least expensive shipping method and confirmed how much I was going to get charged for it (20 pucks is nothing).

We also used their shuttle service to go to Sam's club, and the lady that took us was efficient and curtious. I can't remember her name, but she was pregnant.

Overall, my family and I LOVED this property, not only for the cleanliness and comfort, but for the superior service we received.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
5 Star review! Thank you so very much. We have a great team here that always tries to provide the best expereince possible to every guest. Your comments and rating are very much appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We were driving through and just minutes before reaching El Paso we called to see if they had a double room. They said they had one at $104. When we checked in the Manager said ii was not $104 but $115. It was late and we were tired so we took it. We also prepaid for a full breakfast. The next morning when I presented the waitress the prepaid coupon she brought us coffee and juice and told us to help ourselves at the breakfast buffet. As we were leaving, to our surprise, the Manager presented us a bill for the orange juice. When I complained he maintained that the juice served is not part of the full breakfast. Really !!!!
I thought that was a sneaky way to nickle & dime a customer. First with the room rate and then at breakfast. Holiday Inns are not what they used to be. If you decide to stay there be on the look out for the Manager to nickle and dime your charges in new and innovative ways.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank choppersim
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, El Paso Sunland Park, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Dear n2bn2b,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We came in after a long drive across Texas. Very happy with a nice room, new mattresses, nice pillows. Room must have been redone in last year or so. Desk clerk very nice. You will not do better under $100.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank yoiu very much for letting us know about your past stay. We value your business and look forward to your next stay.

North Branch, Michigan
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located very close to shopping, a nice selection of restaurants, and easy access to Interstate 10. The unique aspect of this Holiday Inn is that the rooms are located in separate two story buildings. My room was 8207 and was a standard room with a king sized bed. Due to the closeness to I-10, I noticed some traffic noise, so look into rooms in buildings closer to the lobby. The hotel offers a shuttle service with transportation within 7 miles so take advantage of this great service.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Robin P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, El Paso Sunland Park, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel - Holiday Inn El Paso Sunland Park and the shuttle service that we offer. Thank you so much for staying w\ith us and please let me know if I can ever be of any assistance with future reservations.

Springdale, Arkansas
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Close to a shopping and restaurants. The manager's reception at night is nice and the staff in the bar is very friendly. I might not be there for several months and the bartender, Jorge, will remember you. He is as much a part of what makes this hotel great as anything else. The rooms are entered from the outside which normally bothers me as a female traveling alone but, I always feel safe staying here. I would recommend requesting a ground floor room so you don't have to climb stairs or search for the elevator. There isn't a free breakfast but, the buffet is good and so is the restaurant. I recommend it to all of my co-workers that are traveling to the area.

Room Tip: Request a ground floor room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind and honest review of the Holiday Inn El Paso Sunland Park. Jorge our main Bartender has been with us over 22 years and our guests love him and he is truely a values assest to our hotel. We are very fortunate to have a team with many years of experience and I am happy to hear that you were able to experience their service during your stay. We are lookinf forward to having you and your associates stay with us in the near future. Please let me know if I can ever assist. Thank you again!