“The Perfect Intimate Wedding! Melissa Stewart Made it happen!!!”

Holiday Inn El Paso West-Sunland Park
Ranked #17 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Reviewed 15 February 2010

Starting from the beginning! I planned my wedding last minute and emailed several hotels with a request for information. The Holiday Inn was the first hotel to reply to my response, only one day after I had sent in the request. Most hotels took at least a week or two to even reply. Melissa responded quickly and professionally to all my emails.... and let me tell you I emailed her several times a day for 3 weeks! I got the same courteous treatment when my wedding was only suppose to be 20 people, and she was able to quickly help when that number grew to almost 70 people. Mrs. Stewart's experience with wedding planning and catering was so helpful, we talked about the “what if's” that would have never occurred to me. We talked about the procession of events down to the smallest detail to make our big day a great success. The location was elegant, beautiful and of course clean. You could take pictures in about every corner of that hotel because the decore is so lovely. The food was a plated dinner and was absolutely delicious! Many of my guests commented how great the food was, and it was so reasonably priced! We danced the night away as we were served by a great staff of bar tenders and waiters. All of our requests were handled quickly with smiling faces from the friendly/courteous staff. Family members commented that they would plan events there in the future..... And that’s not all the Jacuzzi suite was stunning! I think I will return every year for our anniversary. Our wedding day was perfect!!!! A big thank you to Melissa Stewart and all of her staff at the Holiday Inn in El Paso on Sunland Park! No bridezillas necessary to make sure perfection was in place!

• Stayed: February 2010

Reviewed 8 February 2010

the room was very nice and clean. the bed was soft and i loved the sheets and blankets. they had free drinks and snacks one night which was awesome. but most of all, the staff member ricky, was great. he was friendly, funny, and very helpful. he made our stay that much better. i have already recommended this place to my friends.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2010

We stayed here for a night and a family member stayed here for two nights. The lobby has a beautiful modern Southwestern decor and the staff is very hospitable. There is plenty of parking near the buildings where the rooms are. While the hotel it is right off the freeway, I did not hear any noise from the cars passing by. The rooms were nice and spacious. There are several computers (the busines center) accessible to guests for free internet (though a bit of a slow connection). We did not dine in the restaurant, but enjoyed a cocktail at the bar. If you are looking for delicious Mexican food, you MUST go to Leo's! State Line which is down the street from the hotel offers excellent BBQ!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2009

Upon check in the hostess said our room was not ready but would be within 10 minutes. Seeing that it was pretty close to 3 pm I understood. I told her we would return as we had errands to run. We returned about 430 pm and our room was still not ready. Noticing our frustration she changed our rooms. Problem solved an hour and half later with two young boys.
The rooms are very spacious. It is nothing to really brag about but they are roomy. If you are on the second floor be sure to map out the closest route to your room from the stairs. There is only one elevator in the whole hotel. There are over 100 rooms and only one elevator. Getting from the front desk to the back buildings is like a maze. A series of twists and turns.
The pool is nice and the fitness room is very well equipped. I hung out at the bar and you need to see Victor. He gave great ideas for dinner and breakfast.
I do give them credit because there are hand sanitizer pumps everywhere to avoid swine flu epidemics.
Overall the hotel is in a great location. The check in was slow and cleaning service must start from the elevator and back. It was nearly 2 pm when they came to clean our room. Also for some reason a crib was in our room and we asked them to take it out which they did, a day later.
Note that the closest Casino is 5 minutes away.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2009

This Holiday Inn was a welcome refuge after a long drive through Texas enroute to New Mexico. Room was spacious and comfortable and the staff was very helpful. The breakfast was discounted under our plan but worth paying for if not. Omelet bar and buffet as well as table service. Very pet-friendly and although there were no elevators, the layout was more akin to a condo or apartment complex so the stairs and distance from the car were fine. Despite having several (some boisterous) college football players in the surrounding rooms, the room was very quiet.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank knittsky
Reviewed 7 July 2009

We chose this hotel because it was near our son's apartment. The hotel provides free shuttle service to your choice of reasonably distant designations. They picked us up at the airport upon arrival and later took us to a restaurant. The lay out is more like a little apartment village with multiple courtyards in between buildings, so it was very quiet. Could not hear any traffic noise although it is located on interstate 10. The outdoor pool and spa were refreshing, always clean. The lobby, bar, restaurant have all been tastefully recently remodeled. The pillow top beds were not very plush, bathroom tiny. Wireless internet worked great in our room. Fine but not free breakfast offered in the restaurant every morning. Standing on one of the many balconies, you could see a great nearby fireworks show on July 4th. Husband enjoyed golf at Painted Dunes. (Beware of rattlesnakes and road runners!) Viva El Paso!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2009

On a recent stay at this hotel I was greeted in the usual happy upbeat manner and noticed that the staff cares enough to have placed large containers of hand sanatizer through out the lobby and business center areas. Wash your hands stop the flu. I wish all hotels would do the same in the areas where there are computers with public access!
This hotel is very well managed and is in a great location for either the business traveler or vacationer. Clean comfortable rooms at a reasonable price.
I stay at this hotel because they always treat me as a person not just another # passing by.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business