Best Western Plus El Paso Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #38 of 82 Hotels in El Paso
“Excellent staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend was flying in for the weekend so I wanted to put rose petals in her room. The staff was kind enough to let me into the room prior to her arriving to do so. In the same visit my girlfriend had sustained a cut to her knee and the front desk staff were quick to her aid with a first aid kit. Room was nice, clean, and very homey. I would recommend this holiday inn to anyone visiting El Paso, TX.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nikkshep
SatisfiedFtBliss_Tx, Manager at Best Western Plus El Paso Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Nikkshep,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent visit to our hotel.
We strive to provide great customer service and we take pride in our staff. We are happy that you were able to experience both!
We sincerely hope that you will stay with us on your next trip to El Paso!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Woodbridge, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel on business with several co-workers. They have stayed at this hotel many times and really like it. To me, it was an average hotel...no major bells and whistles. It has a restsurant, pool, gym, small garden area, bar/lounge area. The room was a typical room. I was on the first floor/king bed. The bed was comfortable, but not a lot of outlets by the bed. How to look for outlets and re-arrange some stuff to hook up all my gadgets. The hotel has a lot of freebies...drink tickets, buffet breakfast, wi-fi...but you have to ask for the tickets...found out the hard way after I paid $9 for the buffet (ok selection, but wasn't worth it).
This hotel is perfectly functional/acceptable for a business trip, but I would look for other options if I was in El Paso on vacation.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank summer_tripin
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus El Paso Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear summer_tripin,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Washington DC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

I had to spend three nights in El Paso which happened to include the weekend nights. I am a Platinum Priority and so try to stay within the IHG chain. I booked this hotel instead of the new Holiday Inn Express across the interstate because being a single lady in a strange town, I prefer to have a place to eat at night in the hotel. No one told me until I tried to go to dinner the first night that the restaurant was not open on the weekend. That was not the first problem unfortunately, I did arrive early about 11 AM and asked if there was a room. I was told no and so I sat in the lobby for sometime. I checked back at the desk and was told that there was a room and I asked to see it, once again because being a single lady I like to inspect the location of the room. I came and thanked the lady at the desk, but said no I did not like the room. It was noisy and you could hear the traffic. The lady at the desk argued with me and said that you could not hear the noise. I finally was given a room on the upper floor in the back on the hotel. I really just wanted to watch TV and take a nap, but after getting in the and turning on the TV, it would not work. The housekeeping staff was next door, so I asked if I was doing something wrong, and she tried and could not get it to work and even tried using the remote on the room she was cleaning and the remote worked in that room. I then called the front desk and explained what happened with the TV and asked to be moved. I was told that they could not move me until the maintenance department looked at the TV. About 35 min later, I called the front desk back, to check on this maintenance and was told that he had another emergency and would be there as soon as he could. Of course, when he arrived, he said this TV is not working. Surprise! So finally I got moved. Being an Platinum Priority, I had expected an upgrade, but if this was an upgrade, then I would hate to see what the normal rooms looked like. The other really big issue was the WIFI. If you left the desk and walked to the bed, you lost the signal and had to sign in again. If you left the lobby and walked to the pool area had to sign in again. Even moving any where in my room you would have to sign in again. Very irritating. Maybe I should not have stayed on the weekend. The lobby bar was not open on the weekend either. I must say that there are two great things about this hotel and that is Daniel and Carlos. They were great. Told me where to go to eat and then took me there. These two young men, should be running the front desk. They were very professional. Will not ever stay here again. Please go across the interstate to the Holiday Inn Express, that is a really nice hotel with a great staff.

Room Tip: no good room. restaurant not open on the weekend.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank collector
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus El Paso Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Dear collector,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

I recently stay at the Airport Holiday Inn in El Paso, TX. Bottom line up front: I would stay here again. The Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Because of my priority club status, I was upgraded to a suite. The room was a nice and always very clean. I enjoyed the concierge lounge, it was a nice place to relax after a long day. Although I was in El Paso for business, I wish it was open during the weekend for those traveling for vacation. My only criticism is that the restuarant menu could have been better, I reminded me of a room service menu not a place that I would go to for a meal.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Don H
Martha G, Manager at Best Western Plus El Paso Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Dear Don H.
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent visit to our hotel.
We sincerely hope that you will stay with us on your next trip to El Paso!
Dayton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

Stayed here in April 2013 during a massive road trip. We didn't have reservations, but when we saw the hotel right off the highway we decided to see if there were any vacancies. Judging from the parking lot when we arrived, we expected to be told there were no available rooms, but thankfully we were wrong. We had been driving since the Grand Canyon that morning, and we were ready to relax.

Staff were extremely friendly, and the check-in process was quick. The room's rate was $109, which surprised me because I expected it to be higher.

The hotel has sort of the "classic Holiday Inn" look -- Holidome-type accommodations in one part of the hotel, with closed corridors for what must have been the "motel" part at one time. The room, while a bit on the small side, was clean and modern-looking. The bathroom was large, though; in fact, some of the bathroom could have been devoted to the bedroom area, but for us it wasn't an issue at all. The beds were comfortable and I slept like a log all night.

We loved hanging out in the "Holidome" bar; we had a few drinks and just unwound after the day. There was live entertainment and a lot of activity going on (and this was a Tuesday in April).

The ONLY issue we encountered -- and this was not the hotel's fault, nor is there necessarily anything the hotel could do about it -- was the STENCH from outside. The odors from the nearby industry (refineries, maybe?) were nauseating. Fortunately, once we were in the room for the night and had the AC cranked as high as it could go, the smell wasn't as noticeable. Or maybe we only got used to it. It was there again when we walked out the next morning, though.

Really a good place, and if I find myself in El Paso again, I'd stay. (I just may bring a mask, LOL.)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Stormchaser1966
Dear StormChaser1966,
Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
We take pride in our hotel and our staff and are extremely happy that you were able to experience both!
We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to El Paso!
Brownwood, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

From the time I enter to the time I leave, I am treated like I am their most mportant guest. They really care about their guests and show it. The Fron Deskt personnel are excellent. They will assist you in finding a place to dine, based upon your needs. They have a shuttle van available at most hours. Their Breakfast is very good, their rooms are very clean, and it is quiet at night and easy to sleep.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Eddy C
Martha G, Manager at Best Western Plus El Paso Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Dear Eddy C, thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. We pride ourselves in having a fantastic staff who care about our guests and always go out of their way to make them feel welcome. We sincerely hope that you will stay with us again if you ever have the need to come back to El Paso.
arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

enjoyed my stay here! went with my kids and they had a great time in the pool!! great food and super service!!! the staff were extremely friendly and helpful!! overall, my stay was great and my kids had a wonderful time! they have some really good Mexican restaurants! conveniently located very close to the airport with a shuttle service!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank melissau2010
Martha G, Manager at Best Western Plus El Paso Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Dear Melissau2010, thank you so much for taking the time to submit a response regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are happy that you had a great stay and that you and your family were able to enjoy the amenities that our hotel offers. We pride ourselves in having the best staff in El Paso and sincerely hope that you will stay with us on your next visit to El Paso!