“Clean hotel, super easy to airport and shopping”

Best Western Plus El Paso Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #35 of 82 Hotels in El Paso
Silver City, New Mexico
“Clean hotel, super easy to airport and shopping”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Clean, fairly quiet, right off I10 and close to airport. Breakfast a free for all and pretty basic. Comfortable beds, Good coffee. Starbucks close by as well as gas stations and shopping. Have stayed here twice and both times happy with accommodations.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank cpmnp
SatisfiedFtBliss_Tx, Manager at Best Western Plus El Paso Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear cpmnp,

Thank you for your feedback! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reno, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

When comparing this hotel to the Express version of it right across the street, it seems like the Express one is much better. This one looks very old. It certainly didn't feel like a Holiday Inn from the inside. Furthermore, the girl who checked us in was very rude. Even though I was standing right in front of her with the Rewards line on the phone (I booked the room through them so I could use my points), she kept going to the back room to watch TV and she seemed very annoyed whenever I needed her for information. I just don't think she likes dealing with guests, which is ridiculous, considering what her job entails.
Also, the rooms have a big window that looks out to...the hallway. You have to keep your curtains closely shut at all times unless you want everyone walking by to see you inside.
I would not recommend this hotel. I'll probably stay across the street at the Holiday Inn Express the next time I'm in El Paso.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank VictorMiyagi
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus El Paso Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Dear VictorMiyagi,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We regret to see the service you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Canton, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

This was an experience from hell. Room is OLD, really OLD. I am a platinum elite member of IHG and was suppose to stay there for a week, but after one day I had enough. This WAS a prefered hotel to stay for our company. I switched to Radison and could not be happier with that decicion. I have to say that I traveled to many 3rd world countries and never seen hotel worst than this one in IHG family, or any other family.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank BigB-digi
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus El Paso Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear BigB-digi,

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience. It is regrettable to see you did not enjoy the room accommodations received. We appreciate feedback such as yours, as it helps us to improve upon areas where we may have fallen short.

Ben J
Ann Arbor, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed at, including many IHG hotels (I have stayed in) all over Mexico. I cannot believe that IHG has this hotel in their portfolio. There are many IHG hotels in the El Paso area and if you like to stay loyal to that program I would suggest another Holiday Inn. I am an IHG platinum elite member I expect properties to be up to some level of acceptance. First, this hotel is old and outdated. I was “Upgraded” per my status to a “Better Room”. What a joke, the wallpaper in my room must be from the 70’s. The carpet – from the 80’s, shower from 70’s. The only thing that looked new was the TV. The bed was terrible, old, and very uncomfortable. The pillows must be at least 15 years old and are the worst pillows I have ever tried to sleep on. We stayed two nights, before we had enough. I got very little sleep in these two nights, which to me is the most important part of staying at a hotel. Asked for a wakeup call….No Call. Good thing I also program my phone for an alarm. Rooms are dirty! Cleaning should be just that…Clean! As for the “Free Breakfast” WOW the worst again I have ever had at a IHG property. Biscuits where cold and hard as rocks, the gravy for the biscuits where ICE cold. Really?? How hard is it to heat up packaged gravy? The rest of the food was luke warm and probably used several days in a row. Two free drinks were also given to us! Nice right…Wrong. I ordered a free shot of tequila and it was so bad you could have run your car with it. The bar downstairs is known to the locals as an older pick up club. Wow, another experience – I am guessing many rooms are booked for 1 night. We moved over to the Radisson by the airport for the rest of our stay in El Paso. It was so much better, and actually cheaper! Finally got a good night sleep at the Radisson!! Management – Please spare me with your response to this. Obviously you have no funds or ambition to upgrade this hotel to the standards of an IHG property.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Matt H
Dear Matt H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the room conditions, and breakfast selection prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend was flying in for the weekend so I wanted to put rose petals in her room. The staff was kind enough to let me into the room prior to her arriving to do so. In the same visit my girlfriend had sustained a cut to her knee and the front desk staff were quick to her aid with a first aid kit. Room was nice, clean, and very homey. I would recommend this holiday inn to anyone visiting El Paso, TX.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nikkshep
SatisfiedFtBliss_Tx, Manager at Best Western Plus El Paso Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Nikkshep,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent visit to our hotel.
We strive to provide great customer service and we take pride in our staff. We are happy that you were able to experience both!
We sincerely hope that you will stay with us on your next trip to El Paso!
Woodbridge, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel on business with several co-workers. They have stayed at this hotel many times and really like it. To me, it was an average hotel...no major bells and whistles. It has a restsurant, pool, gym, small garden area, bar/lounge area. The room was a typical room. I was on the first floor/king bed. The bed was comfortable, but not a lot of outlets by the bed. How to look for outlets and re-arrange some stuff to hook up all my gadgets. The hotel has a lot of freebies...drink tickets, buffet breakfast, wi-fi...but you have to ask for the tickets...found out the hard way after I paid $9 for the buffet (ok selection, but wasn't worth it).
This hotel is perfectly functional/acceptable for a business trip, but I would look for other options if I was in El Paso on vacation.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank summer_tripin
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus El Paso Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear summer_tripin,

Krysllin G.
Washington DC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

I had to spend three nights in El Paso which happened to include the weekend nights. I am a Platinum Priority and so try to stay within the IHG chain. I booked this hotel instead of the new Holiday Inn Express across the interstate because being a single lady in a strange town, I prefer to have a place to eat at night in the hotel. No one told me until I tried to go to dinner the first night that the restaurant was not open on the weekend. That was not the first problem unfortunately, I did arrive early about 11 AM and asked if there was a room. I was told no and so I sat in the lobby for sometime. I checked back at the desk and was told that there was a room and I asked to see it, once again because being a single lady I like to inspect the location of the room. I came and thanked the lady at the desk, but said no I did not like the room. It was noisy and you could hear the traffic. The lady at the desk argued with me and said that you could not hear the noise. I finally was given a room on the upper floor in the back on the hotel. I really just wanted to watch TV and take a nap, but after getting in the and turning on the TV, it would not work. The housekeeping staff was next door, so I asked if I was doing something wrong, and she tried and could not get it to work and even tried using the remote on the room she was cleaning and the remote worked in that room. I then called the front desk and explained what happened with the TV and asked to be moved. I was told that they could not move me until the maintenance department looked at the TV. About 35 min later, I called the front desk back, to check on this maintenance and was told that he had another emergency and would be there as soon as he could. Of course, when he arrived, he said this TV is not working. Surprise! So finally I got moved. Being an Platinum Priority, I had expected an upgrade, but if this was an upgrade, then I would hate to see what the normal rooms looked like. The other really big issue was the WIFI. If you left the desk and walked to the bed, you lost the signal and had to sign in again. If you left the lobby and walked to the pool area had to sign in again. Even moving any where in my room you would have to sign in again. Very irritating. Maybe I should not have stayed on the weekend. The lobby bar was not open on the weekend either. I must say that there are two great things about this hotel and that is Daniel and Carlos. They were great. Told me where to go to eat and then took me there. These two young men, should be running the front desk. They were very professional. Will not ever stay here again. Please go across the interstate to the Holiday Inn Express, that is a really nice hotel with a great staff.

Room Tip: no good room. restaurant not open on the weekend.