“A decent place when travelling with PETS”

La Quinta Inn El Paso - Airport
Ranked #53 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
El Paso, Texas
“A decent place when travelling with PETS”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

My husband and I stayed here upon PCSing to Ft. Bliss. It was great because they DO NOT charge for pets but they do have a maximum of 2 pets per room. Unfortunately this location is only feet away from a service road, and there is not much area to take the doggies to the bathroom. Also, for PCSing, we came with a very large 22ft Penske Truck and there is barely any room for parking! Yikes! We parked our truck with tow behind trailer along the curb next to the service road.

FYI: Not much grass anywhere in El Paso for the dogs. Mine are used to grass but upon arriving at the La Quinta it was nothing but sand and rocks.

Also, it is a great location if you are interested in shopping and/or restaurants. Only minutes away from the Cielo Vista Mall and many restaurants including IHOP, Olive Garden, Starbucks, McDonald's and many more......

Room Tip: Try to pick a room away from the service road when you have pets! A lot of noisy traffic!!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 3 January 2011

When I was in High School in the 70s, this is the La Quinta our band director would book us here because it was close to everything while there for a football game. Since then, I've stayed here about 5 times after graduation. The Inn is old but La Quinta has maintained the property very well. We were about 1 hr. early for check in and they accommodated us within 20 min. of our arrival. I always request first floor b/c we travel w/two small dogs and La Quinta does not discriminate against pets nor do they charge fees. They have very minimal grass for walking the dogs but the Embassy Suites next door has a whole lot near their front entrance so we were not inconvenienced in that regard. Our room faced South towards the nearby church which was away from the I-10 traffic noise. When we opened the door to our room, I immediately noticed that there was about an 1/8" gap around the door which let in sunlight and drafts. Since we were only there to sleep, we went to the nearby Walgreen's and bought a roll of duct tape and sealed around the frame and jam for the night--no problem and we didn't have to ask to be moved to another room. By far, our stay there was wonderful. Judy, the property manager and Jennifer, were friendly and professional. The breakfast, as usual, was filling. We wouldn't hesitate to book another stay at this La Quinta in the future.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 17 December 2010

when making my reservation was told they had 2 queen beds and that the pool was heated and working. The beds were doubles and the pool was freezing! no microwave or fridge in room, when I spoke to the front desk they offered to switch rooms for us. I asked if changing rooms would fix any of these issues and was told no. Was told they would check for a room that had micro and fridge available and they would call me back. 45 mins later I called the front desk back and was told "well there arent any rooms like that available in your area" When I stated that I was very disappointed with customer service and would not be staying at this hotel again staff responded with "thats fine"
When checking out in the am I again relayed these issues to the front desk. At that time I was told that they turn the heat up on the pool on request. Jessica was the morning staff and she did apologize for the misinformation I was given.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Kaneohe, Hawaii
Reviewed 13 September 2010

Great central location. Was planning on staying 2 nights. The first evening I noticed the water was not hot-notified the front desk who sent someone to check it out. I was told that he would "look at the boiler" but I might have to change rooms. I tied the water again before bed and it felt hot. The next morning the water was warm enough to shower but ran out just as I was finishing. I once again reported it to the front desk. The woman working the desk told me it was probably just because it was morning and everyone was showering! Got back late that night and discovered I STILL had no hot water. At that point I asked for another room and was told they didn't have any but the clerk thought the other LQ down the road had rooms available. He didn't even offer to call and ask them to hold a room until I insisted. On the plus side the manager did contact me and return my money. I would not stay here again until some serious updating has been done.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Tampa
Reviewed 24 June 2010

We had eight rooms--3 in the smoking section and 5 in the non smoking. All rooms looked pretty identical except some had refrigerators.
The rooms were decent; showers were great but tub didn't drain too good.
Pool was wonderful.
Breakfast was basic continental style.
Denny's is next door so we had our breakfast there.
Location is excellent. So easy to get anywhere in El Paso since you are right off I-10
Staff at hotel were pleasant and helpful
I would stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed June 2010
txtraveler46
Reviewed 21 May 2010

I have stayed at this location several times before with acceptable rooms. NO LONGER! Checked in and received room 105. A/C blowing tipid air. Moved to room 104 with same results. Manager said they would check it out the next day. Checked out and went down the street to Quality Inn. BTW when I checked in the young woman on the desk treated me like was a criminal. She acted like she was doing me a favor by letting me stay there. The guy at Quality Inn acted like I was his long lost friend returning for a visit.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank txtraveler46
Cloudcroft, New Mexico
Reviewed 10 April 2010

We arrived early after seeing some sights of El Paso. The front desk would not honor the $ amount we were quoted (after numerous requests) so we ended up spending $65.00 for an upstairs room on the interstate. The vehicle noise was very loud, not to mention the plane and helicopter noise. There was a short in a light so even with the switch off, we had our very own strobe beacon. The front desk clerk then advised that they did not have a manager for this hotel when I went to complain the following morning. The room was old but fairly clean, overall it was a terrible experience.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple