“Better Than Expected!!”

Ranked #37 of 82 Hotels in El Paso
Katy
“Better Than Expected!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

We were just passing through El Paso on our way to Arizona and stayed one night. We had our 4 year old son with us so it was important we stayed somewhere that had an outdoor pool that was clean and in service. I called and spoke to Claudia working at front desk before booking. She was very nice and informative so I decided to go ahead and book a room. When we arrived, I was pleasantly surprised with everything. I feel like we got our monies worth. The room was clean, smelled good and ac worked great. We immediately headed down to the pool- it was a good size outdoor pool and very clean. The motel provided pool towels at front desk. We stayed in room #237 and it was the perfect place. The parking was shaded, the room was away from freeway and pool! We would definitely stay here again if passing through. The breakfast was nothing special so we just grabbed a couple of pre-packaged muffins and box of cereal offered and headed out for the second half of our road trip.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

On our way from Phoenix to Galveston, this was our first night stop. I requested and received a room away from the freeway so noise was not an issue. We were right next to the pool. Too popular to try. The beds were ok, nothing too special. The A/C was very very good in that we pretty much froze (I do like it cold though, so I was good).

Our room was very clean.

The down side to this is that the free continental breakfast consists of hard boiled eggs, apples, bananas, and pre-packaged, factory made pasteries that are actually not very good. There is an ancient toaster where you can try to warm up a bagel (pre-packaged) or one of several types of bread into warm bread but good luck with that. I am not sure what anyone was using the microwave for.

This is one of the first hotels that you see when travelling east on I-10 as you enter EL Paso.

Room Tip: Get a room in the north wing, they are further away from the freeway and less noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Ceres, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

The resort was basic for the modern the era unit seemed partially updated, yet the air condition unit is a wall unit that ran all day and night, it caused me some respiratory issues after two days of breathing the constant blowing into the room. The daily brunch was good and helpful to get started, the pool was maintained, location was the biggest benefit, the hotel is near all major stores and restaurants, the airport is only five minutes away as well as Costco, Ross, and other major shopping malls near by. overall rating is good.

Room Tip: The none smoking rooms are on the bottom and seem to be closer to the front entrance.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Delmar, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

The hotel was clean and very convenient to shopping and places to eat. It is right next door to a Cracker Barrel, which was great because the only reason I didn't give the hotel a 5 circle review was because the breakfast wasn't great. My one suggestion would be that the chain put in a business center. My husband and I needed to print some documents and weren't able to at the hotel. All La Quinta Inn's are pet friendly, which is a tremendous help for pet owners and the rooms would never tip you off that a pet had stayed in it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

My dad stays here on business almost every single week. He isn't here long enough to experience what we just experienced because he's at work.
We arrived Saturday, called the front desk to ask if they provided towels at the pool. She responded with "I have some at the desk" as I was walking to the desk, she was outside smoking! And when I approached her, she said "they're on the desk".
I later came to the desk to request more shampoo and conditioner, no conditioner, "were strictly just shampoo"
I didn't realize when I used the shampoo. It's 2 in 1 but that's all she had to say!
The next day, I called about 10:30 to ask when the pool opened. She said 9 am. My family and I left to grab some food, came back and walked to the pool, IT WAS LOCKED. We walked to the desk, and ask why the pool was closed, she said they're putting chlorine tablets, and we'll go bald if we swim, also that it was done at 8:32 am and it takes a couple of hours.
I don't care what you're doing, I care when I can swim. She told me it takes a couple of hours. Well its been almost 5 hours and my anxious siblings want to swim.
I should be been informed this morning at 10 30 that the pool is opened at 9, but is out of order because it's being shocked!
Jamie IS terrible! And so is the other short haired lady.
I come from Hotel Business, and I can work EVERY position in the hotel. If I treated guests the way we were treated, I'd be fired.
Miriam was so sweet! Didn't speak much english, but I spoke enough Spanish to know that she loves what she does.
I was gonna come back for SCMF but, the way customer service is, NO THANK YOU! I'll go somewhere else.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Alexis R
Lexington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

After a super stressful day of moving and traveling with family and 2 labs, this hotel was very friendly and comforting. The room was clean, inviting and the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was hot and satisfying. Very nice to have friendly staff 24/7.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

chandler az
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

the worst experiance the housekeeping was from russia no one spoke english had to stay here every where else was booked in town for the lenth of time i needed to stay to many pets on hotel no one picked up the dog waste bath rooms was filthy needs a lot of inprovment i had to go to wall mart and buy cleaners and disinfecting spray i was 1 whole day cleaning room cause my grandkids was visiting tohad to keep socks on the carpet is filthy and i was on the new wing my daughter was on the older wing and it was pitaful she had to wait a week to get a nicer room

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business