“Amazing Compassion and Customer Service!!!”
Review of El Paso Marriott

El Paso Marriott
Ranked #25 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Reviewed 15 December 2013

This was an odd combination of business travel and past memory reconciliation--I hadn't been back to El Paso since my grandparents' deaths in 1999... I did not anticipate the emotional charge that was still there, and surfaced immediately as I landed in El Paso and continued thru check in at the El Paso Marriott! Stephanie, Rebecca and Camille all dealt with me in a professional courteous manner AND were extremely compassionate and empathetic when I explained the reason I was upset. I was there 4 days and each day, these lovely ladies greeted me warmly and with bright smiles. They helped me with directions, maps, restaurants, small cities and landmarks nearby--every question I asked was met with amazing customer service--and a smile :-). As a business traveler who has stayed in numerous hotels and been in many 'interesting' situations, I must say I truly appreciate the staff at this hotel!!! I look forward to my next business trip to El Paso, and I will definitely be staying at the El Paso Marriott!!! Gratefully, Diana

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Liz P, Manager at El Paso Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We are so glad that our staff's excellent customer service was able to help you during what was an emotionally charged time for you. The ladies you mentioned will be thrilled to read the nice things you have said about them and I know that we all look forward to you coming to visit again when your travels bring you back to El Paso!

Reviewed 7 December 2013

I have had the opportunity to stay at this hotel approximately 2X per yer for the past 5 years for business. Typically my sty is 4-5 nights. I have Gold status with Marriott so I have access to the Concierge suite, which is a terrific benefit. They Concierge Suite, on the Fifth floor, is spacious, well attended and well stocked with a number of breakfast choices, including eggs, oatmeal, fresh fruit, juices, coffee, soda, bagels, muffins, a newspaper, TV. In the evenings there are appetizers, small bites, desserts, alcohol beverages, soda and bottled water. Work out room is good, pool is ice, laundry service for guests is available on 2nd floor. Rooms are updated and standard Marriott issue. What is special is he service. They really go out of their way to be helpful and accommodating. If something isn't to your satisfaction, just let them know. They will go the extra mile to fix it. Restaurant on main floor is quite good. Nice assortment of choices on the breakfast buffet. Because I was making the daily trek over to Juarez each day, I asked if they could make up a boxed lunch and they prepared a very tasty fesh lunch at a reasonable price. Free shuttle to the aiort and they will go other places too, upon request. Several restaurants within easy walking distance 6 of us had dinner in he lounge last night And all 6 guests were highly satisfied.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to 5th floor to take advantage of Concierge Suite.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for posting this review of our property. It is always a pleasure for us to hear that our staff is delivering such friendly and genuine service. We are also glad that you are able to enjoy just about all of our amenities. We will let our respective departments know all of your comments and are excited to hear that you will be returning to visit. As always, thank you for your loyalty to the Marriott brand! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

What a great time I had here! The staff was super friendly and accomodating. The food from the bar/restaurant was very good and the bloody Mary fixed for me on Sunday morning was magnificant. The mixoligist took great pleasure in her preparation of this concoction, and even supplied me with different types of stuffed olives. Yum!

My room was super comfortable and I really enjoyed the soaps and shampoo scents. I would stay here over and over if needed

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor patio room by the pool if you smoke. The little patios are great to step out...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Liz P, Manager at El Paso Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff met your every need. We hope to see you back soon so that we may provide you with another excellent stay!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

We had a family function at the El Paso Marriott and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The ac in the room was a tad too noisy. The restaurant is open for breakfast but closed at dinner. You can order off the restaurant menu in the bar but it can be very noisy in the evenings. Of course the restaurant is a bit on the pricy side but the food quality was very good. For the price of one breakfast item or buffet you can go to the nearby Denny's or Village Inn for breakfast - if time isn't a factor.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Liz P, Manager at El Paso Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel with other TripAdvisor members. We strive, every day, to maintain Marriott's excellent standards, and it is great to know that our staff is going a good job. We will be letting our respective departments know of all of your comments and look forward to having your family come back in the future.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Extremely useful and friendly staff. The location could not have been better. It's about a 5 minute drive to both the airport and Ft. Bliss. The gym had multiple treadmills and a good weight set compared to normal hotels. The pool was one of the nicer Marriott hotels I've seen that I've been able to stay at that is under Per Diem rate.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel! It is always nice to hear that you think that we are doing a good job. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

we had work to do right around the airport and found the El Paso Marriott to be both close to the airport and the areas we needed to be in. Marriott's are always great as you never encounter any "surprises" and they have everything you need but this one was top of the list. They have evidently remodeled recently and everything was up to par. all the new IT plugs in the rooms, clean, nice bar and restaurant and a very comfortable lobby. The staff were very attentive.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Liz P, Manager at El Paso Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Thank you for posting this review of our hotel! We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay and experienced our exceptional guest service first hand! We look forward to your next stay with us and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

This appears one of the better places to stay in El Paso but I think the hotel could do better. There were some hiccups- the front desk/food service line went unanswered for 20+ minutes, the hotel is pretty old (popcorn ceiling, stained curtains, stained bathroom shower, ugly walls/wallpaper), my bathroom door didn't even shut or lock, I was served a cocktail in a broken glass, internet and breakfast cost $$. Welcome was very friendly and there were nice, approachable employees. I always enjoy my sleep at Marriott's in their big comfy beds with all those pillows. Updating the hotel would really benefit this Marriott because most of the issues are just cosmetic. Stop charging for internet- a big no no this day in age!

Stayed: October 2013

Thank you so much for posting this review of our property. We are so glad our staff's excellent customer service was able to overcome some of the inconveniences you encountered while staying with us! The respective departments will read your notes regarding the issues you encountered so they may better reflect on what is expected by our guests. We hope you will come back to visit soon!