“Home Away From Home”

Ranked #21 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Fairfax, Virginia
“Home Away From Home”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I've spent 5 weeks in the hotel over the past 4 months while on business at Fort Bliss, and I must say the staff is outstanding. Friendly, attentive, and concerned for your comfort (they even sent me a get well card when they knew I was ill during my stay). Like another reviewer indicated, the building looks dated, but inside, the lobby, bar and restaurants are fine. The rooms are not as modern as some new hotels, but they are clean, comfortable, and with ample work space for desk/laptop work. I found the bedding to be extremely comfortable with crisp sheets and a just-right mattress that helped to relax my frayed nerves after the week of extreme cold and travel delays that affected everyone trying to get to El Paso.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Liz P, Manager at El Paso Marriott, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences at our property with other TripAdvisor members! We are so delighted to hear you've experienced our exceptional guest service first hand and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Note I am Marriott Gold - unsure if this affects my service level. I have stayed 10 weeks/30 nights here since October '13 and the team is very service oriented at the desk and friendly. Their porters are always around if you need them. They always call to see if room is ok. The rooms themselves are a little dated (analog controls for heat in room), but are fine. Sizzling hot water! Ask for the pool view, on a higher floor, away from the elevators for the quietest rooms. In room dining has been prompt, food hot. This hotel is VERY convenient to the airport if you need something, yet the plane noise is minimal maybe due to it being a smaller airport, and I am not usually at the hotel 730-6pm, the busiest hours. Concierge lounge can get very busy at breakfast if a full house. Food is not variable in am/pm much at the lounge but staff is attentive up there.

Room Tip: Ask for the pool view, on a higher floor, away from the elevators for the quietest rooms.
Liz P, Manager at El Paso Marriott, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
We LOVE your review! Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel with other TripAdvisor members. We understand how hard it is to be away from home so we strive, daily, to maintain Marriott's excellent standards, and it's great to know that you think we're doing a good job.

As a Gold Elite member we thank you for your loyalty to the Marriott brand and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
California
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I came here for the Sun Bowl. Originally booked in early December but was able to rebook at the lower rate 48 hours before my arrival. Housekeeping was amazing, lots of towels and fully stocked. Front desk called the 2nd day to make sure everything was fine. Vanessa in the Restaurant was so friendly and made us feel special and the two women in the Concierge Lounge kept the food and snacks fresh and the room welcoming. If I ever come back to El Paso, I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Go High, Concierge Lounge is worth it!
Green Features: Totally behind not changing sheets and towels every day. I do not wash my linens daily, why should they?
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank sjskns
Liz P, Manager at El Paso Marriott, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Thank you so much for posting this review of our property. We are so delighted to hear you had such a great stay and experienced our exceptional guest service first hand! I'm sure Vanessa will be happy to read the nice things you had to say about her and we look forward to you coming to visit again soon!
Centreville, Virginia
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Looking from the outside, this place looks dated. When you get inside you see a fantastic bar area. The staff from check-in to breakfast was fantastic! Honestly, I fell like a king at this place. Great check-in experience and then when I went to the restaurant for breakfast, they took fantastic care of me. I was in this place for 12 hours but will come back. I stayed in room 141 and would not recommend that for anything beyond 12 hours. It is adjacent to a courtyard and the gym. I had a "pounder" get on the treadmill this morning and luckily I was already up so it wasn't a big deal. The outside looks dated but they have done a good job with the rooms. Flat screen HD TVs and small reading lights that provide good personal coverage are nice. Watch that shower dial though. Cold really means warm, warm means hot and hot means scalding! Seriously, hot was borderline first degree burn hot. I wish I had a thermometer. Hot was easily 110 degrees! Watch out! The shampoo and shower gel was very pleasing.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 141.
Liz P, Manager at El Paso Marriott, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel with other TripAdvisor Members. Guest feedback is the best resource we have to show us where we can improve. We are so glad to read that you loved your stay despite some of the issues you encountered and are so pleased to hear our staff was friendly and welcoming. I have let the engineering department know of the issues you had with the water and they are working to find a resolution for these problems. We look forward to your next stay here with us at the Marriott El Paso and hope to see you soon!
San Diego, California
Reviewed 19 December 2013

This is our first time at this Marriott. We've stayed at many Marriotts and were pleased. However we were not pleased with this one.
This hotel does have Great customer service but the rooms are very old with popcorn ceilings. When you walk it, Thera a smell like musty smell.
The rooms need an update.

• Stayed December 2013
Liz P, Manager at El Paso Marriott, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Thank you for choosing Marriott for your recent stay. We continue to strive to improve our guests' experience and appreciate you comments.

Thank you for your review.
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed 15 December 2013

This was an odd combination of business travel and past memory reconciliation--I hadn't been back to El Paso since my grandparents' deaths in 1999... I did not anticipate the emotional charge that was still there, and surfaced immediately as I landed in El Paso and continued thru check in at the El Paso Marriott! Stephanie, Rebecca and Camille all dealt with me in a professional courteous manner AND were extremely compassionate and empathetic when I explained the reason I was upset. I was there 4 days and each day, these lovely ladies greeted me warmly and with bright smiles. They helped me with directions, maps, restaurants, small cities and landmarks nearby--every question I asked was met with amazing customer service--and a smile :-). As a business traveler who has stayed in numerous hotels and been in many 'interesting' situations, I must say I truly appreciate the staff at this hotel!!! I look forward to my next business trip to El Paso, and I will definitely be staying at the El Paso Marriott!!! Gratefully, Diana

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Liz P, Manager at El Paso Marriott, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We are so glad that our staff's excellent customer service was able to help you during what was an emotionally charged time for you. The ladies you mentioned will be thrilled to read the nice things you have said about them and I know that we all look forward to you coming to visit again when your travels bring you back to El Paso!
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I have had the opportunity to stay at this hotel approximately 2X per yer for the past 5 years for business. Typically my sty is 4-5 nights. I have Gold status with Marriott so I have access to the Concierge suite, which is a terrific benefit. They Concierge Suite, on the Fifth floor, is spacious, well attended and well stocked with a number of breakfast choices, including eggs, oatmeal, fresh fruit, juices, coffee, soda, bagels, muffins, a newspaper, TV. In the evenings there are appetizers, small bites, desserts, alcohol beverages, soda and bottled water. Work out room is good, pool is ice, laundry service for guests is available on 2nd floor. Rooms are updated and standard Marriott issue. What is special is he service. They really go out of their way to be helpful and accommodating. If something isn't to your satisfaction, just let them know. They will go the extra mile to fix it. Restaurant on main floor is quite good. Nice assortment of choices on the breakfast buffet. Because I was making the daily trek over to Juarez each day, I asked if they could make up a boxed lunch and they prepared a very tasty fesh lunch at a reasonable price. Free shuttle to the aiort and they will go other places too, upon request. Several restaurants within easy walking distance 6 of us had dinner in he lounge last night And all 6 guests were highly satisfied.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to 5th floor to take advantage of Concierge Suite.
Liz P, Manager at El Paso Marriott, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Thank you so much for posting this review of our property. It is always a pleasure for us to hear that our staff is delivering such friendly and genuine service. We are also glad that you are able to enjoy just about all of our amenities. We will let our respective departments know all of your comments and are excited to hear that you will be returning to visit. As always, thank you for your loyalty to the Marriott brand! We hope to see you again soon!