“Avoid the Shuttle!”

Ranked #6 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Chicago, Illinois
“Avoid the Shuttle!”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We got in late, past midnight, and called from the airport for the free shuttle. Got an immediate answer and were told to wait 5 minutes. 20 minutes later, nothing. We called back and got no answer, so we walked thinking it was nearby -- as advertised. Well on foot, it is not very close. I just wish the hotel had been honest, told us the shuttle would take quite a while, and suggested a cab; we would have gladly hopped a cab. During the time we were waiting, I noticed shuttles from the other hotels making the rounds several times. At the desk, no one could explain what happened. There are other hotels much closer to the airport. The next morning, the shuttle took us back to the airport to get our rental car and service was fine. It actually took the driver less than 5 minutes. The rooms are nice, so if you are driving yourself, this place would be OK. Just don't count on the shuttle!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Radissoncrib, Manager at Radisson Hotel El Paso Airport, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services. I am truly sorry you had to wait for our shuttle and had to end up walking, I will be sure to address this problem immediately. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Please reach out to any of our employees directly should you have any concerns during or after your next stay.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Mechanicsburg
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

Good, solid performer for an airport location. Staff is friendly and efficient. Breakfast is prompt and the rooms are clean and well designed. (Except for the somewhat loud typical hotel A/C unit, which is not unusual and will not keep you awake, but which will cause TV volume to need to be adjusted up and down at the margins.)I will stay here again.

One thing to mention is you can walk to the hotel. Sidewalks along the left hand side of the terminal as you exit will bring you to the hotel. Not a good idea if you are frail, but even with a rolling bag, not too hard to do. Probably takes about 7 minutes door to door.

They do have a shuttle, but it is easier to walk.

I do not know if the restaurant serves dinner, but there are several options close enough to walk to. There is a bar open at night.

Note that this is a hotel with an expansive layout, so if you don't want to walk too far to your room, you should ask them where it is.

There is a well maintained pool, though I did not use it. Remember this is El Paso, so sunscreen is required! There are rooms around the central courtyard that face on the pool. Probably best to be specific on whether you want that or not. It can get noisy at some hours with kids at the pool. I am not sure what hours are for the pool, if any. It was open at least at 10pm or so when I went to my room.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Radissoncrib, Manager at Radisson Hotel El Paso Airport, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you felt our staff members were friendly and efficient. We also appreciate you writing such a helpful review in order to aid travelers planing to stay with us. To answer your questions: our restaurant, Reata, does serve breakfast, lunch and dinner and our outdoor pool does close at 10 pm. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the Sun City.
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My stay at this hotel was very nice and quiet, I stayed for about a week. I really enjoyed the fact that there was a sleep number bed in my room (single king) which helped me rest even better than I normally would considering that I live on the base in the barracks. If I had any complaints it would be that house keeping kinda barged in my room on accident, after doing a survey about my stay I received an email from the GM about it which makes me feel that if I were to stay there again, that wouldn't happen. All in all, it was a very nice hotel with a good price, although not the cheapest, it is one of the few hotels in El Paso I wouldn't mind staying at again if I am able to.

Room Tip: Not sure if they all have sleep number beds, but if that is your thing, ask to see if your room will...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Radissoncrib, Manager at Radisson Hotel El Paso Airport, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your bed as we know how important a good night's rest is. As we mentioned before we will speak with housekeeping about announcing there presence in a better manner. Thank you for your service and for your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Alpine, Texas
Reviewed 26 July 2013

This place is fabulous! I can't get over the value of this place. First of all, it's so luxurious. It has Venetian styling throughout, marble accents, fountains, premium bedding and nice toiletries. The rooms are enormous, all with sofas and sitting areas. It has Sleep Member Beds which you can adjust and are so comfortable. It has a beautiful outdoor pool with lots of landscaping, and plush lounge chairs. It has a full service bar and restaurant. You receive free wine and beer in the evening, and a made to order breakfast in the morning. The Huevos Rancheros were delicious. There is a free shuttle which is handy for the airport, you don't even have to pay to park your car at the airport (ask for the Park 'N Fly Package). I will never fly out of Midland again because I need an excuse to stay at this quiet, relaxing retreat!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed so much about our hotel including our rooms, the pool, breakfast (We will be sure to tell our chef that you loved the Huevos Rancheros) & the shuttle. We are ecstatic to know you will stay with us again when you visit El Paso, that is the highest honor a guest can give our staff and property. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the Sun City.
Crosby, Texas
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We always choose Radisson when one is available -- and the one in El Paso was everything we expected and more. Got a super rate with my AAA for a king room with sofa sleeper that included FREE made to order breakfast for two. This was a really nice property with a relaxing pool/patio area. The pool area was nicely landscaped and there was a door off the patio that lead right to the Reatta restaurant and bar. Really enjoyed sipping drinks by the pool! Rooms were a good size and super clean -- had small microwave and refrigerator. Our room had a sleep number bed that was incredible and even better than my bed at home. The free breakfast was wonderful. There was a menu with about 7 items available for free -- other options were available for a small cost. Staff was friendly and very professional. If I had one complaint, it would be the lack of a tv channel guide. Not a big deal for us and I am sure if you asked the front desk the information would be provided. We are not in El Paso often, but this will be my hotel of choice.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our pool/patio area, your room & our breakfast. As for the TV guides there is one in the guest directory in the room, but we are using your feedback and will be adding a second one so it will be more accessible. We are ecstatic to know that you will stay with us again when you visit El Paso, that is the highest honor a guest can give our staff and property. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the Sun City.
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We always stay at this Radisson when we visit family at Fort Bliss. Loved the outdoor pool and hot tub (even though it was being cleaned at 9am our second morning); love the indoor pool and hot tub, as well. We requested a room close to the pool and got it; couldn't have been any closer, in fact! The only thing we don't like about this hotel is that you only get two free breakfast tickets and then you have to pay for anybody extra (in this case, our daughter). Still saved money but wished it would include a free breakfast for all people in the room. Will stay here again when we go back to EP.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Radissoncrib, Manager at Radisson Hotel El Paso Airport, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our pool & your room. We are ecstatic that you choose to stay with us when you visit El Paso, that is the highest honor a guest can give our staff and property. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the Sun City.
Ft Worth, Texas
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I had to stay overnight due to a flight issue, but this property was a great escape after spending the day in the airport terminal. the staff was very attentive, and the service was spot on. If I'm every needing to stay again while in El Paso. This will be my first call.

Room Tip: Ask for a garden facing room away from the kitchen area.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Radissoncrib, Manager at Radisson Hotel El Paso Airport, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our staff and service standard. We are ecstatic that you will be returning to our property in the future, that is the highest honor a guest can give our staff and property. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the Sun City.