Ventura Beach Marriott
Comfort Inn Ventura Beach(Ventura)(Great Value!)
US$137
ComfortInn
US$178
US$151
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura(Ventura)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$88
US$91
US$165
Travelocity
Crystal Lodge Motel(Ventura)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$81
Travelocity
All reviewsthe concierge loungenice hotelstate parksanta barbaranice pool areaparking lotshort walk to the beachventura beachparking feein n out burgercomfortable roomstwo blocksone night stayfire pitroom was largebit datedchannel islands
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I live locally and was having some work done on the house and needed to vacate for a night so I picked here. I have been to the restaurant a bunch of times and always had great service and really good food. I checked in and everything in the lobby was clean and smooth. Not much to say about the overall stay except clean room, comfortable bed and great staff. I even met one of the managers by the name of Shannon (very helpful and friendly). I would recommend this place to anyone thinking about coming into Ventura for a stay. I will say that if you have never been to Ventura you would end up right in the middle between Harbortown and Downtown and would need a car or taxi to get to either but the beach is basically a stones throw away.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Pat_GM_VBM, General Manager at Ventura Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear Jedimasterkush,

We are thrilled that our hotel made the fact that you had to vacate your home all that much easier. Thank you for your kind words and we are glad that you felt welcomed by Shannon and the rest of our staff and that you enjoyed our restaurant. We hope that your construction work is completed and all went smoothly.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

This hotel is really unremarkable in its overall function. Decent beds, although no queen available, only double. The staff are friendly and responsive, but constrained by policies that are quite annoying. And everything is extra: parking, Wifi in the room, microwave, mini-fridge. If their base rate were lower than the competition this might be understandable - but it is not. We won't stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Martin M,

We are sorry that you didn't feel that you got good value but we must remind you that this is a full-service Marriott hotel and not a select service property. Since we are the closest property to the beach in Ventura, and we are a full-service hotel with room service, a restaurant and lounge, etc., things like WiFi and microwaves are not included as they would be at the more limited service hotels in the area which are suited for extended stays and offer these amenities as they do not have room service and restaurants. We never profess to include any of these items on our website so this information was all readily available to you in advance. We do hope that you enjoyed your time here in Ventura anyway.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Great hotel, great staff...not enough outlets on the desk to accommodate the necessary electronics...the mini fridge is plugged into one, leaving the other for laptop...had to unplug the frig to make coffee in the morning...AND the telephone on the desk is positioned in the upper right hand corner and you cannot move it to make a call...big problem...when you have the laptop open and running webex, trying to use the phone (which doesn't reach because of it's locked down location)...positives, concierge has great food, close to the beach, quiet...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Pat_GM_VBM, General Manager at Ventura Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Dear Joseph H,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your comments about the power outlets and telephone as we are planning a renovation for next year and will be sure to take this into consideration regarding the redesign of our guest rooms.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We had the opportunity to stay at this property for a weekend as we were attending a family wedding in the area and it was the arranged "wedding guest" hotel. The property is beautiful and serene and conveniently located to the beach and anything else you would want to do or see. The exemplary customer service started as we pulled up to the front of the hotel and continued, unabated, until we drove away to go home. EVERYONE was friendly and helpful. The service was prompt and decisive. Our room was great, very clean and the bed was ever so comfy. We ate breakfast at the hotel and the food was very good. We had one little issue, which I attribute to an unfortunate problem in communication between service areas. The housekeeping staff attempted to clean our room at 8am on a Saturday morning (even though we were staying until Sunday. I asked the employee to postpone straightening the room until after 1pm (when I knew we would be at the wedding). Later that morning I cut my foot on a shard of glass I picked up in the room carpet. Not having band-aids I went to the front desk. The front desk person was very sorry, provided me a band-aid and arranged to have our room thoroughly vacuumed. When we returned later that evening it was absolutely clear that no one had serviced our room - either to straighten and replace towels or to vacuum. Ah well, things happen.One interaction I must mention was that a week before our stay, I received an email from the concierge to verify my special room requests (ADA for Mom, no feathers for my husband). I returned her inquiry by phone, reached her immediately, and she went out of her way to give us the room preferences we request. It was clear upon checking that they requirements had absolutely been communicated to the front desk in advance and so checking was a dream. I must mention that I was traveling will my elderly mother who doesn't get around very well. All our service (valet and bell cap especially) were so patient and helpful. It really made our trip. The property is a little pricey - rooms,plus parking or valet, and all the tipping, but for this occasion (and future occasions like it) it was worth it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Pat_GM_VBM, General Manager at Ventura Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Dear DivineMsHay,

Thank you very much for your review and appreciation of our staff. We are so sorry about the cut and have once again reminded our housekeeping staff to be sure to vacuum every room carefully. Unfortunately things like shards of glass can get caught in carpet fibers and not be picked up by the vacuum no matter how many times it passes over. We appreciate your willingness to overlook the little hiccups you experienced and are very happy that you had a most enjoyable stay while you were in town for the wedding. We do hope you will come back again one day.

Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Marriott in Ventura was one of 5 hotels we stayed at during our Summer Calif Coast Vacation and we were very glad to have added this stop to our itinerary. The hotel is within walking distance to the beach and as with all Marriott's it was beautifully landscaped and decorated. We continue to be very satisfied considering it is a chain hotel rather than boutique yet holds very personalized qualities. A recommended stop indeed...

• Stayed: July 2013
Pat_GM_VBM, General Manager at Ventura Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear Califcoastlover,

Thank you so much for providing your review of our hotel. We are thrilled that you found it to be a great addition to your California coast summer vacation and are so happy that you shared your positive experience with other members.