“Nice ride”
Review of Island Packers

Island Packers
Ranked #2 of 17 Tours in Ventura
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We saw several types of marine wildlife. They stopped the boat to see it. Ride was fine, not too choppy. But when one girl got sick, crew attended to her. Lots of snacks and drinks aboard. We reserved a spot for a kayak which we rented at a local shop. They loaded and unloaded it for us.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"return trip"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Took this boat to Santa Cruz Island. From the beginning to the end, everyone was great, helpful and provided a comfortable 11/2 hour crossing. On the return, we happened to be with a 4th grade end of school trip and I must say, they were very tolerant of the energy and voices of the children. Provided commentaries about the area throughout the tour.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We have always had a great time on the Island Packer trips to the islands..Captain, crew and naturalists are always first rate. We almost always see a whale, and lots of common dolphins on a passage.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

I would definitely recommend Island-Packers for your next whale-watching trip. The boat is spacious, clean and the crew members are definitely excited about accommodating passengers with the best whale-watching experience.

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 June 2018

I've started my quest to visit all the national parks and since we were in the area for vacation, I wanted to check out the Channel Islands. This is the official tour company for the national park, but they have earned the privilege of showing visitors the islands. I booked the kayak cave tour for Santa Cruz Island. There are different island tours on different dates and times. I have never kayaked before, but they asked our experience level upon booking and they accommodated us. There is a long boat ride out to the island and we were able to see a whale there and back and many dolphin pods. I followed all their instructions for what to do to avoid sea sickness and what to wear and what to bring for food and drink. You will be successful if you follow their advice. Since they do these tours day in and out, they know what they are talking about. This was my favorite activity on our vacation to the LA/Santa Barbara area. Our guide and everyone associated with this business was pleasant and accommodating. Get there early so you can get a spot on the boat that you want. Also, tip your guide!!!

1  Thank Bellie65