“Quality and creativity by the beach”

Spasso Cucina italiana
Ranked #21 of 437 Restaurants in Ventura
Price range: US$10 - US$23
Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Zephyr Ct.
Description: Spasso Cucina Italiana is a delightful Italian/Roman cuisine located just steps from the Pacific Ocean. A great setting and great cuisine makes this a must visit for all destination diners. A great menu offers several of your favorites as well as some of ours. Outdoor seating is available and we welcome you to join us for your next dining encounter.
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My family and I sought out this gem just blocks from the beach while on vacation in Ventura recently. I had seen positive reviews before we arrived, so knew it was worth going to.

My wife and our two young girls arrived quite early, well before anyone else was thinking about dinner. We had the whole place to ourselves. We sat inside by the large window facing the street. We enjoyed the sunlight, and seeing the beach goers walk to and fro. The dining room is tastefully decorated—we liked the orange fabrics and dark furniture.

Our server was very professional and attentive, and was being shadowed by a new server as well. She was doing a great job teaching as well as serving. The fresh bread and olive oil was warm and tasty as we pored over the many menu options.

Our girls settled on a sausage pizza (they are easy to please). It was very well made, with hand-tossed crust and fresh ingredients. My wife and I split the Mista salad as an appetizer, very fresh and tasty. For dinner, she had the Rigatoni alla Bava minus the ham, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I had the house special that night, which was a Risotto with shrimp and orange zest, topped with cracked pepper and fresh grated Parmesan. It was delectable—I strongly urge the staff to make it a menu staple. If not, be sure to ask for it on your visit!

My girls had hearts set on Surf N Yogurt down the street after dinner unfortunately, as I would very much have liked to try their dessert. Should you happen to have leftovers, and take them to the beach, don’t let them out of your hand—as the seas rats, I mean seagulls, have quite the knack for ripping open those white Styrofoam boxes and pillaging your tasty treasures in the blink of an eye. We were quite flabbergasted and disappointed to watch the girl’s leftover pizza get tossed in the sand.

The staff was gracious to our children, but we got the sense that this is more the place for adults and nice, romantic dinners. But if you have kids, PLEASE don’t hesitate to go for the amazing food—you won’t be disappointed. We will be back if ever in the area!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My partner and I love this place!! The food is always good and the service impeccable. Francesco always makes us feel welcome. We are a gay couple and were married last November (Finally, after 20 years!) When we went in for dinner after our ceremony, Francesco gave us a free drink each and a dessert. The Just visited yesterday for my Birthday and the way back from a weekend in Santa Barbara. server Amanda is always delightful, and the rest of the staff as well. We have tried most everything on the menu and it is always delicious! Anytime we are in Ventura we make it a point to eat here.
My Dad owned a restaurant for over 25 years and I know how difficult this business can be. Francesco takes great pride in his place and food. This is our favorite Italian restaurant hands down. I just wish we lived closer as we would eat there every week. Any negative reviews are not warranted so don't bother reading them. We wish him and his wife many years of success!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Nice and simple Italian restaraunt. Serie was very good, food was good. Would I eat here again on my next visit to town, probably.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

came down here to meet my daughter & grn daughter we went here because its around the corner from where we were staying. had the carpaicho app a bottle of wine, trin had the rainbow ravies they were wonderfull cooked perfect. g daughter lasagna done just right I had osso bucco excellent. for dessert a tiramisu & a zabaione with berries oh what a joy. this place is small 7 they do take reservations (805 643 2777) anywhere you set you will get excellent service the owners are also the servers. enjoy yourselves this is a real treat.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Came here because of the great yelp reviews and we were not disappointed! It was great to see an owner and his wife so involved in their restaurant. The pizza is some of the best I've ever had! And the ravioli was beyond amazing. We loved the romantic ambiance on the patio outside. Will definitely be coming back whenever we're in town and recommend this to our family and friends. Love this place!