“Fell short”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Thecrab dip was fantastic, the clam chowder was pretty good, but that's the end of the positives. The shrimp in the stew was heavily overcooked, the fettuccine alfredo came out as chicken instead of shrimp, the seafood skewers were cold, and the salad was brought out late enough to be dessert. The food was way overpriced for the quality, and the service was slow and sloppy. Not an advisable choice.

1  Thank Matthew F
There are newer reviews for Spinnaker Steak & Seafood

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We should have known when all the other restaurants had long lines and this one only had a few customers. Its a nice looking place except the bathroom isn't inside its in the outside mall. We were waited on immediately but then waited about 40 minutes for our food. We had already finished our drinks before the food came out and were not asked if we wanted another drink. The fish and chips I ordered was cold, very greasy and tasteless I didn't eat any of it and wasn't even asked by the server if there was a problem. My husbands clam chowder was cold and lumpy like it was condensed canned soup that wasn't fully cooked he didn't eat his ether. I cant find any way to contact them on line to complain so I guess this will have to do. One of the worst dinners I have ever had for sure an at almost $50 I would rather have eaten at Taco Bell or MacDonald's.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Be sure to come here if you want a fun meal. Good bar and nice folks. Atmosphere a bunch. Great place to spend a couple hours with a friend or 5.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

First time in my life I returned a meal was at the Spinnaker. The Spinnaker is in the Ventura Harbor which is usually quiet even on the weekends. We were not planning on eating at the Spinnaker but every other restaurant had a long wait due to a local prom. It should have been a red flag that the Spinnaker was completely empty place on such a busy night. It's so depressing on the inside we walked in and out 2 times and finally stayed because we were so hungry - how bad could it be? It was worse than we could have imagined. It's not even worth going into how bad the food the was, all of it was awful. The waitress informed us that the place was closed for 5 months and now has new owners. Clearly the new owners are new to the food industry and do not know how to cook. My husband ate his dinner - which was bad salmon and we are just hoping he doesn't get food poisoning. The place is old, run down and dirty. The more I write this the more I wonder why we didn't leave and just get fast food. The one bright note is our waitress was as sweet as they come, she apologized over and over. She is very aware of how bad the place is. The Spinnaker should really just close, there is no salvaging it as it is. Me and my husband agree- worst restaurant experience ever

1  Thank Yankeerunner
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Lots of mediocre food and untrained workers.... nothing like the old Spinnaker.
Menu looks like it was put together by someone who wanted to serve a wide variety of chain style food.

Do not waste your time or money.