“Interesting concept”
Review of The Cave

The Cave
Ranked #29 of 427 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Wine Bar, American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Wine Bar
LaGrange, Georgia
“Interesting concept”
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

I wish we had a place like this near us. When you go in they give you a wine glass and you use a card that you put money on to purchase tastings of different wines. They had very interesting wines to choose from. I loved being able to try one ounce of several different wines, then get a glass of my favorite one. We ordered the Goat Cheese Bruschetta and it was excellent. If you find a wine you love, they have an extensive wine shop with great prices.

Visited March 2014

Santa Clarita, California
“Hiding In A Cave Isn't Bad!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We went to the Cave as they were hosting their annual wine party...over 100 wines were featured, but while that was great, the Cave's chef had so many wonderful appetizers that they became almost a focus to the event...way too many to elaborate here, but stuffed pizza, 4 cheese macaroni, chicken skewers,...again, lost count...and all available at their restaurant during normal hours. Get a "wine card" and dispense you own wine by the ounce...awesome! The prices for their amazing selection of wines are very good...no pricey markups...equal to and sometimes better than Bevmo or Total Wines. Just go, don't be surprised it's in an industrial building, and ENJOY! We know you will!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Stephen S
Ojai, California
“A unique find in Ventura”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We happened to be in this commercial area getting our car fixed across the street & the place was recommended by the mechanic. Looks like a cave indoors....dimly lit, music playing, a very unique ambience in a commercial area. We had an excellent char-grilled hamburger on brioche roll, we also tried the chicken salad sandwich (lots of herbs...yummy). Everything is made to order including all the desserts (which can take some time to bake). The service was good. We went for lunch, I can imagine this place would be really fun for dinner & wine tasting. What a nice surprise...the food was delicious and not expensive. We did not try any of the wines but noted they have a huge selection for tasting (wine runs approx. $5-15 per glass).

• Visited October 2013
Ventura
“If you DETEST amazing food and incredible wine stay far away”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Ok, now that I got the idiots out of way listen up travelers!

This is one of my most frequented local places for 2 reasons. They have incredible food and bargain basement pricing in their wine store. While you dine on food that is very fresh and hand crafted, you self serve yourself all the wine you want out of this awesome taster machine that I wish I had installed at my residence. If you happen to adore one of them, you can buy it on the way out as you walk through their wine store. It's kind of like Disneyland for adults. Once you get off the ride, they make you walk through the gift shop. How can you resist the wine? I don't think I'll ever move away from Ventura because what would I do without The Cave?!!?

In all seriousness, try it at least once, then get addicted as you any normal person would.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank dickerwe
Santa Paula, CA
“Vivid menu pairs with wine varietals to sample, use your "wine card"”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Like an actual underground classy tasting space-small bites-killer meals Dad loves their burgers, he's a big eater I loved their small plates & had bruschetta one eve. Ouch! the wall is stucco! Oenophile alert-here is list of what we enjoyed: Meiomi Pinot noir A+
Stark Raving Red B-. Only because I had the speedy M wine first. Servers will help you select each graded appellation newton unfiltered Cabernet-kind of robust, even heavy. The splendid end paired gelatos and Rosenblum Desiree Chocolate Port. Them carefully, after two + 1/2 hrs, we made our careful way home via our Designated Driver.

• Visited March 2013

Been to The Cave? Share your experiences!