“Perfection”
other travellers have booked this property
Front yard with great beach walks. View of the Channel Islands from the deck
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Pull up a chair!
Front yard with great beach walks.
View of the Channel Islands from the deck
Enjoy the ocean from inside or out.
View from the kitchen
Dining with an ocean view
Enjoy the great room
Superbly equipped professional quality kitchen
Interior view from the deck
Master bedroom with king size bed
Spa-like master bathroom
View into second bedroom with bathroom on the left
Queen size bed in second bedroom
Bunk beds in second bedroom
Second bathroom with large shower
View of house from the beach
Looking back from tide pools
Surfing under the rainbow
Sunrise from the front deck
Pelicans, dolphins and whales visit
Pelicans surf the waves
Surf Pitas Point directly in front of the house.
Private stairs from the deck directly to the beach.
Watching surfers is fun too!
Sunset from the front deck
Playground
Tennis Court
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Debbie T
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 13 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Everything about this lovely home is perfect. The comfort level, the furnishings and appointments, especially the kitchen which had everything. But its best feature is nearly unmatchable -- the amazing view and proximity of the ocean, the surfers, the dolphins. The owner's sister lives across the street and is very helpful.

14 Apr 2017
Thanks for being such lovely guests!
DeLayne and Candy
Carolyn S
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 23 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

We loved this house! The owner has fabulous taste in the way she designed the structure and the interior! Everything we needed was there. I especially wanted a house right on the beach so I could see and hear the ocean all the time. Beautiful! Thanks, DeLayne!

26 Mar 2017
You're welcome, Carolyn! Thank you for the kind words!
BostonRae
Harvard, Illinois
“Paradise Found”
Reviewed 8 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017

I stayed for 9 days at Faria Beach House in January. I found it quite by accident and couldn’t have been happier with my good fortune. One never knows for sure if photos have been doctored in any way when searching on line or the descriptions are accurate. Let me assure you what you see are exactly what you will get and then some. There was no expense spared in the interior design of this home.
Let’s start with the view……despite the weather being cloudy and cooler for all but 2 of the days I was there, the view is breathtaking. The sunsets are amazing .. even on cloudy days the sun seems to make a brief appearance just for the sunset. At low tide, a large expanse of beach is exposed (which it is not during high tide). The tide pools that are exposed, I’m told, are teeming with life. As I am not very steady on my feet, I was unable to forage my way into them unfortunately. But I did walk on the beach at low tides.
There was ample marine life to be seen every day and the sea gulls are always present and quite bold. You can get very close to them before they will squawk at you, or as in most cases, they will come close to you if you are eating anything. I was very fortunate that on 2 separate days, due to the storms coming from the North bringing warmer waters, there were at least 1000 birds present on the water and a constant flurry of activity all day. The water seemed to be littered with birds. It was an amazing thing to see. I felt as though I were IN a National Geographic special. There were mostly California Brown Pelicans and the show they put on is quite spectacular. They are the only diving Pelican and watching them soar and then make their dive was quite interesting and fun to watch. They also engaged in ‘skimming’ again, very cool to watch. They nest on nearby Anacapa Island. There were also Terns and Sandpipers. See photos
I saw a lone seal on 2 occasions, just popping his head out of the water ever so briefly. The same is true of Dolphins that I saw quite frequently. All of the marine life were feeding, so they would spend some time in the immediate area. Sometimes they were very close, no more than 100 feet away. Needless to say it was very easy to spend hours just watching the activity sometimes so close I could hear the wings flapping on the Pelicans and hear them as they hit the water.
The kitchen is indeed a cook’s dream. I only wish I had planned better to take advantage of it. I was traveling solo so I didn’t cook much, cooking for one always means having to buy way more food than you need. I did cook Spot Prawns and a Dungeness Crab both bought locally from Ventura Harbor, and both could not have been more fresh or delicious. There are enough pots, pans, griddles, and bakeware to feed an army. There are a decent number of knives and a sharpener. Other utensils were plenty as were basic spices to choose from. There was quite the selection of teas in the cupboard and some coffee. My suggestion is if you plan to cook, make a list of what you will need, check the pantry, cabinets and fridge to see what you may need to purchase at the local Von’s Grocery in Ventura (a short 10 minute drive). This is after all a rental, so you will probably not find everything you are going to need it is a lot of whatever might get left behind by other renters. Make a list, shop and you will for sure enjoy cooking in this kitchen! Huge 5 burner stove and an oven that heats very quickly I might add. The microwave is very large; a huge island with a sink, 2 dishwashers, 2 fridges, really the kitchen is wonderful! There was a Mr. Coffee, a French Press and even a Moka Pot making morning coffee or espresso a breeze. There is a large dining table and bench seating against the wall just inside the back windows and sliding doors so you can enjoy what you just prepared for dinner and phenomenal views at the same time.
The sitting area is great for TV watching or reading, the couch is quite comfortable as were the 2 chairs. There is cable TV with more than enough channels to choose from. The WiFi was always very strong and constant. My favorite spot was the chair and footstool in front of the sliding doors and windows. Every morning I sat there drinking my coffee while gazing out at the ocean. On mornings that it was warm enough, and or not raining, I sat outside of course. I spent quite a bit of time just sitting and enjoying the ocean – if you enjoy the ocean, this is the place to be…..again, hours were spent just watching….
The master bedroom and bath are fantastic! I didn’t use the sunken tub, but the shower is heavenly. All of the water in the house is instant hot water! Fabulous!!!! And the water is indeed very soft – I have soft water at home, but nothing like this. It was great. The water pressure is also very good. The shower was huge! There are more than enough drawers, cabinets and counter space. The lighting is excellent. There are more than enough heavy, soft towels provided.
The bed was a tad soft for my taste, but was comfortable none the less. The pillows are the synthetic feather kind. If I were to complain about anything, and believe me I am not!!! A TV in the bedroom would be the only thing missing.. yes, I am one of those who falls asleep to the TV sadly. Again, NOT complaining!!!
The bedrooms are the only wall to wall carpeted areas the rest of the home has limestone flooring. But, guess what, the house is heated by radiant heat that runs through the floors!! For summer guests this would be a moot point, but for winter? Oh man.. warm floors, especially in the bathroom? Wow….loved it. There are plenty of windows for the warmer months providing ample ventilation. The house is very bright even on dreary days. The blinds in the bedroom were awesome, just pull on the cord and they cascade down all by themselves. I’ve never seen any like this before - there certainly wasn’t any of the constant adjusting to get each side even. It’s the little things like this that make this home so wonderful. I did open the windows one of the nice days, there are no screens, which reminded me of Italy ;-), but I never noticed any flies or anything. Where I live that would not be the case.
There is plenty of seating on the deck and as I mentioned earlier, the views are spectacular. I didn’t use the gas grill but there is a large one outside. I did use the baby oil and rags to get the tar off my shoes after being on the beach and it really does work! I didn’t see it while walking on the beach but sure enough, there was something black on the bottom of my shoes, weird. In order to get down to the water, you need to walk down a few houses and through a gate. No biggie. There were 2 spots to enter, however, I understand that the owners are putting in a staircase from the deck this year so that will be even nicer.
All of the lighting in the house is recessed and the options are mind boggling.. so many choices, and almost all of the light switches have dimmers. It was so nice to not have to have an entire room completely lit up, but rather just light where you needed it. If you want to read in bed? Over each side of the bed, and on the wall behind you are separate switches, with dimmers, for the light directly over you! How cool is that?!?
Like I said, no expense was spared in this house. Everything is gorgeous – all of the drawers are self-closing. The cabinetry was the same throughout the house so it created a seamless visual – some of them still smelled new! There were more than enough empty drawers in the bedroom and bathroom for your clothes etc. The closets in the bedrooms are huge! There are no stairs in the home; there is one step up on both sides of the house to the deck , and 1 step into the house. So if you have mobility issues, you should have no problem. There is a 2 car garage, but this is where the washer and dryer and some other storage are located. I had a Mitsubishi Saturn, a small car, and didn’t have a lot of room in front or behind me – so you may want to be sure of the size of your rental car being able to fit. I am not sure if a full sized SUV would fit. There is a small parking area a few houses down, but there is no parking right at the house, so keep this in mind when renting a car(s).
Since this is a gated community, I felt quite safe being there alone. There were not a lot of people there, but the ones that I did meet, could not have been nicer. DeLayne’s sister and niece live across the street are so very sweet – I had a few conversations with both of them when we would meet outside. They were both extremely helpful too.
Due to a bad fall, I had to cancel my vacation earlier in the year just a week before I was to arrive, and DeLayne was so understanding and accommodating in making sure that I was able to reschedule. Communication during the rental process was seamless and she was very quick in her responses.
One of the reviews mentioned ‘the rules of the house’ being excessive. Upon first glance it would seem so. However, it boils down to this; this is someone’s home, it is a very beautiful home, the furnishings appliances etc are all top notch. This isn’t a hotel where someone will come in each day and clean up after you. You rented a house for a reason right? Use common sense and be respectful and there is no problem.
I could not be happier in having found De Layne and her property. Neither will you. I have already booked another stay. This really is a special place to stay. It truly is Paradise.

11 Feb 2017
Thank you, Rae, for the most comprehensive review ever. The new stairs to the beach will be ready for you when you return.
Take care,
DeLayne
A TripAdvisor Member
“Winter Beach Weekend”
Reviewed 12 November 2016 for a stay in February 2016

We stayed at the Faria Beach House with friends for a long weekend.
The home is as beautiful as it seems from the pics and the views from the deck are incredible.
The home is best suited to about 4 adults or a small family as it is smaller than it seems.
It is comprised of one master suite and once bedroom with bunks and a twin bed.
That said, it was very nicely appointed and incredibly cozy.
The master suite was beautiful and the kitchen had everything we needed.
Likewise, the property sits right on the water. There isn't a beach to layout or rub your toes in, just rocks, but beaches are available near by.
We thought the deck was more than sufficient for enjoying the view and the calm.

I would definitely recommend the home for a cozy weekend away from the city.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Master suite; views, proximity to ocean.
Liked least: The owner's helpful notes became a bit overbearing. They must have been burned by bad renters before. At certain point, the sheer number of rules and directions became a little much.
Travelling group: Other
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
13 Nov 2016
I'm glad you enjoyed our home and your stay on Faria Beach. Of note is that the second bedroom has a queen size bed and twin bunk beds. Six is the maximum number of guests we allow. Depending on the tides and seasons, Faria Beach varies unpredictably from sandy to rocks and tidepools.
Artweeks
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 18 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

I can not say enough good things about this pristine house. We have rented in Faria Beach before and this house is sublime. We have rented many vacation rentals and this one was by far the most well-stocked. There was nothing we needed other than fresh seafood and veggies. The house was immaculate. I was even able to operate the internet and TV! Which is often tricky in rentals. We were lucky in that all the houses on each side of us were empty so it was extremely private. It was one of the hottest weeks in CA but we slept great as the weather cooled down every night. The owner DeLayne was fantastic as well as her equally personable sister Candy who filled us in on all the local stuff and made us feel extremely welcome. I can't wait to stay in this house again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The privacy and the roar of the ocean.
Liked least: That I had to leave.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
14 Apr 2017
Candy and I both look forward to your next visit!
All the best,
DeLayne
BostonRae
Harvard, Illinois
“Exceptional Property Owner”
Reviewed 13 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Because of 2 very bad falls one week before my scheduled stay, I had to cancel my trip.
I will be able to do a full review of the actual property at a later time, but I felt it important to give props where props are due now.

I was devastated to say the least. It was well beyond the "point of no return" as far as cancelling. I had been dreaming about my stay here for a month. I was quite upset at having to cancel my trip. I contacted DeLayne and she could not have been more concerned, understanding or accommodating. She has stayed in contact with me and bent over backwards in order for me to re-schedule once I am fully healed from my injuries.

This was not my first contact with her, and each time she has been wonderful and so personable. . I cannot wait to actually stay here. To to deal with a property owner like DeLayne, makes the experience so much more positive.
Thank you again DeLayne!!!!!

Travelling group: Solo
14 Oct 2016
You are welcome Rae. Be well soon!
Janice G
“A view of the sea and more.”
Reviewed 7 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Our stay at the Faria Beach House was wonderful. The interior of the house is beautiful, clean, with excellent amenities. The large sliding doors and deck allow you to see and hear the ocean all day long. We even saw a seal and a pod of dolphins swim by! Everyone left after having a relaxing 4 days. We are all looking forward to staying there again next year.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location, upgraded amenities, and cleanliness.
Liked least: The deck needs to have more shade available. It is in full sun all day so the deck and the inside of the house on the ocean side very warm.
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
9 Oct 2016
I hope you can come again!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing