“Nice trip”

Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Ventura
Westminster,Ca
“Nice trip”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed here this weekend. The hotel is nice and a value at the $86.00 rate we got. They have free breakfast included, but after trying it, we will eat somewhere else. None of the food had any flavor except the biscuits and the orange juice. The scrambled eggs, bacon and hash browns all tasted the same to me. But the rooms are large and it seems to be well maintained. If they are booked up though, good luck finding a parking spot.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Hebrew first
chicago, IL
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed 2 nights at the Country Inn and Suites in Ventura. The hotel is located next to the 101 freeway. I stayed at this location because it was less than 10 minutes to the Ventura Amtrak station and didn't want to pay the high prices in Santa Barbara. The hotel is right next to the freeway and the rail road tracks. Check in was just OK. Fast, but not friendly. My room was big, clean and comfortable. I didn't any outside noise. The included breakfast is actually OK. Normal stuff, however, there are two people in the kitchen that prepare and serve the food. I had only one problem on this trip. In Santa Barbara, I purchase some tea and coffee to use in my room. I put the grocery bag approx. less than 6 inches from the garbage can. When I returned to my room the next day, it was gone. I could only assume that is was thrown out with the trash. Mindful that is was not IN the trash can. I asked the front desk if housekeeping could at least try to locate the bag. I could just tell that the front desk person was not going to help. Twice I told him my room number and he didn't blink an eye. He told me to check back after 7:30AM the next day. So, I did just that. The person on the phone was good: I was completely sure she knew nothing about my problem, but politely told me: I was being looked into. To help the staff, I only use on trash can for the room. I also leave a pile to be recycled. What I didn't leave was a tip for housekeeping that I normally put in an envelope and leave with the front desk. Not sure I would stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We stayed here one night and totally enjoyed our room. It has two nice comfy beds with, large screen tv, fridge, coffee maker and refrigerator. Rooms were clean and appealing. My husband and I are big computer people however and found the internet connection awful. We were in the first room off the lobby and so, should have been close to the source of the internet. Did not matter, we had "two bars" and the page loading was terrible and would not load more frequently than it did load. They need to fix the internet for guests or stop advertising they have wireless internet. It's annoying. Already prepaid for an additional night on our return home so will be staying here again. if we had not already prepaid, I would find another hotel and only because of the internet problem. Get a stronger internet signal for guests would be my one recommendation.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank myazgigi
Ventura, California
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The place is getting old,but we like it. Good made to order breakfast, and o.k. evening reception.I buy my own wine... Wonderful location, by beach, shopping and restaurants. Every large room has micro/fridge, and coffee maker. Not too stuffy, and we like the heated pool even in Nov. No pets-

• Stayed November 2013
Whittier, California
Reviewed 4 November 2013

based on some reviews i was expexting the hotel to bad - but i was surprised, the hotel room was clean, pretty big with two beds. Our room had a balcony which was facing the street- i think it we had our room on the opposite side maybe the train noise would have been an issue however we had no issue with the room we were given. The hotel has free coffee, free apples. We also went for our free breakfast and it was actually good, the had several options for kids such as cerals, different juices, toast, muffins- so the way i see it is we saved ourselves a few $$ by eating here. i also know they have the happy hour - which i didnt try out however i did see a guy on the elevator who mentioned he had came from the pool and they were giving free alcohol there too. the location of hotel was good, the beach was walking the distance as well as all the shops and restaurants- we would come back and stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This was a functional hotel with large rooms and comfy beds. The staff were pleasant and helpful and the breakfast was fine. It was difficult to find / get to though, and very easy to miss the hotel and rejoin the Interstate - and have to do another 'circle' to get to it. We had a room with a balcony - it's not what I expected from a balcony - it was fully enclosed and a bit like a greenhouse - you could see the sea, but a lot closer were the Interstate and a railway line - I think I would have preferred a room without a balcony.

Room Tip: We had a room with a balcony - it's not what I expected from a balcony - it was fully enclosed...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Paul A
VenturaCountryInn, Manager at Amanzi Hotel, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to rate our property. We do appreciate the feedback. I am sorry your stay did not meet your expectations. We do offer open balconies on the opposite side. Hopefully you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Ventura hotels

Messingham
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We had two nights here on our way North. We count this stay as one of our best stopovers. The happy hour was a bit of a bonus, a choice of three wines, beer & snacks & a pleasant lady to serve them.
The room we had was clean, spacious & away from the road & train tracks so was nice & quiet so no complaints from us.
The hotel is ideally situated for the pier & the beach. Have a walk on the pier & try your hand at fishing some of the locals seem to have a lot of luck at it!

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the road.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends