I had stayed here before and planned to stay often since my daughter now lives in Ventura, but never again . . . they have lost a customer for their entire chain.
We arrived at 11:00 at night, after driving 17 hours, to find that they had cancelled our reservation and given our room away. No empathy, no offer to help, no suggestions for other hotels. The front desk agent had a scowl on her face, no name tag, and NO customer service training (11:00 p.m. June 26th).
Apparently, when the hotel ran my VISA at 6:00 p.m., they received a notice to contact VISA. (Everything was OK, VISA said it just looked fishy because fuel was being purchased up and down I-5; we were driving from Portland). The hotel NEVER called Visa, never called my cell phone, and while they SAID they called my home phone, there was no record of the call and no message. They just CANCELLED the reservation with no notice. VISA said they received no call; if they had, they would have approved the charges.
I travel extensively, and have never had such poor customer service. . . ever! The front desk agent was rude! I asked her if she had another suggestion for a hotel, and her answer was "Nope."
Luckily, Marriott and Visa to the rescue. They booked me immediately, upgraded me, and VISA paid the difference in the hotel rate.
Just Say No to Ventura Country Inn & Suites. Stay at the Ventura Marriott or the Oxnard Residence Inn. Both are AWESOME!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amanzi Hotel is located between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara in the coastal town of Ventura, California. Recently introduced as the only boutique hotel in Ventura. The Amanzi presents a contemporary ambiance with the warmth of hospitality. From carefully selected room amenities & guest services which enhance business travel or leisure trips, the hotel (formerly Country Inn & Suites by Carlson) offers the ideal location for your California trip. Complimentary hot breakfast, WiFi access, evening Manager's Happy Hour and spacious guest rooms (full renovations completed by winter 2017!) add value for travelers looking to enjoy all that the area has to offer. Stay comfortably as you rejuvenate at the beach, gather for business events at nearby venues, or tour the Pacific Coastline! The Amanzi Hotel is located right off the 101 Ventura Freeway, walking distance from the beach, Downtown Main Street and City Hall! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com and Ebookers so you can book your Amanzi Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites By Carlson, Ventura
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ventura Hotel Ventura
- Country Inn Ventura
- Ventura Country Inn