“Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ventura Avenue
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Had a large group - most had lived/travelled in Nepal and we all loved it. Just outstanding food. Memos and chili chicken (done mild) were the highlight for me. Sol planned a family style menu and seated us Nepali style on cushions and low tables and had everything ready to go when we arrived. Can't wait to go back - may do so tomorrow! All I can say is: go - you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Danielle E

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Wanted something different, so, Indian food. Nice interior, greeted nicely. Ordered, and waited. Nobody asked told us that our order was coming soon or anything. Finally it came and it was wonderful. One of the best Indian restaurants we have eaten at. Service is a bit slow, but, have patience. It's worth the wait.

1  Thank YucaipaMaggie
Reviewed 30 June 2014

It is not located in a spot where I would think the food was going to be anything more than average. However after my wife came back from Nepal- we made a trip here- and since then several more trips. If you like Indian- then the menu will suit you well- and then there are the other dishes that are more specialized (Yak anyone?). My wife was surprised that the food was as close to as what she had dined on in Nepal. Give it a shot- you won't be disappointed. Service is always great and helpful.

1  Thank Markapedia
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We love Himalaya and have to go every 2-3 weeks. Our kids also love this place. It is more than an Indian restaurant, really a mix of several different cultures and cuisines. The pakoras and samosas are delicious, as are the curries and naans. We always order enough to take home leftovers which are a treat. And Sal is a great host who goes out of his way to make your meal enjoyable.

1  Thank Mary S
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I can't say enough good things about Himalaya! This is my favorite lunch spot, and I visit several times a week. The food is consistently delicious, and the service is second to none. Sal will gladly walk you through the menu, explaining the nuances of each delicacy. The food is spiced to order. The lunch specials are a bargain, and are served with the soup of the day, rice or naan, and mango chutney. The chicken tikka masala, aloo cauli, and sherpa curry chicken are great lunch specials. The chicken tikka masala pizza is yummy! As are the samosas! The naan is soft and buttery. You won't be disappointed in Himalaya!

1  Thank Rene R