“Awesome authentic food!!!”

Ranked #78 of 427 Restaurants in Ventura
Price range: US$10 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: At Sicily by Gino we offer fresh Italian cuisine in a casual setting. Dine in our beautiful dining room, surrounded by vintage Italian posters or spend the evening on our sidewalk garden patio, where the perfume of our fresh herb garden permeates in the air. Whether you are getting a fresh baked pizza on the way to the movies or plan a more formal get-together our restaurant is the place for you. Straight fromm Sicily, Gino offers the most traditional Italian food, not to mention the best stories you could imagine. We look forward to serving you.
“Awesome authentic food!!!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Beat Italian food in Ventura!! Awesome service. Great selection, downtown Ventura location! Outside seating is wonderful!

• Visited June 2014

Ventura, California
“Great little place for a very good meal”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Great food, great service. Been there a few times. Very good salads and the pizza is very good thin crust with lots of flavor. Pasta dishes are also very good. Very good value.

Visited May 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Great Italian Food”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Authentic and Delicious and Great Service! The bread before the meal is delicious. Great menu and taste is amazing! Waiters and hosts are wonderful as well.

Visited April 2014
Ventura, California
“mmm, so delicious”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I'm walking around downtown with my (at that moment) very moody teenager daughter, we're starving but she snarls at every place I suggest. Then I see a sign that says slice of pizza $3 and think... I'm saved. We sit down outside in the shade to people watch. James our waiter was prompt, polite and genuine at all times. When he came to the table and handed me the specials. I was like no, no I just need something with cheese right away. He suggested the stuffed pizza which I ordered. We got bread and oil & vinegar right away and fairly large bottomless sodas (free refills). Then James brings out this round raised carving board with a large slice of pizza cut in half and a good sized salad with croutons and creamy Cesar dressing and some marinara sauce for dipping. I started on the salad but the moody beast across from me grabbed a slice of pizza and after two bites she slumped down and said omg, this is so good. So I grabbed the other slice and took a bite. mmm, cheese. There was no sauce on the outer crust and the inside of the pizza was stuffed with mushrooms and ham but mostly this creamy cheese that was even in the crust. It was delicious! I tried to go back for the salad but it was too late I was already too full. Were were full, happy and relaxed and went on to enjoy a movie next door. I can't imagine why we wouldn't eat there every time we go to a movie. Best $20 bucks I ever spent.

• Visited September 2013
Cardiff
“Gr8 Service and OK Food”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We dined outside as the interior was a booth along one wall with tables along it.

The fresh bread was delicious and our server was very attentive. I had the stuffed manicotti, one friend had fettuccine alfredo and the other a chicken & mushroom dish. The chicken looked & smelled the best, and he ate all of his. Our pasta was OK, but not very flavorful.

They brought us a complimentary port wine, which was nice of them, but none of us drink it.
Would try other places before returning.

• Visited September 2013