“A sweet little place with GREAT food!”
Review of El Burrito Alegre

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Burrito Alegre
Ranked #279 of 439 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 11 December 2012

This is hands down the BEST little Mexican cafe in Ventura, in our estimation. The menu choices are many, the fresh flavors are so appetizing. Crunchy flautas, smooth guacamole, flavorful beans and rice...everything we have tried has never disappointed. We recommend this little jewel to everyone we know!

Reviewed 21 December 2011

My wife and I went here for lunch last week because we were in the area. There were a fair amount of people so I thought that was a good sign... Maybe not as I soon learned. We ordered a pastor burrito, wet, and an enchilada plate. We got our number and found a couple of the only seats left in the place. Well, we waited and waited and heard other folks ahead of complaining about the wait. Now I know why there was so many people in there. We finally got our food about 25 minutes later. Taste wise, the food was okay, although the sauce on the burrito was the cheaper tomato type red sauce instead of the better enchilada type sauce. Enchiladas, according to my wife, we're decent but I think she was really hungry by then.

If you have an hour or more for lunch, then it might be okay in a pinch for Mexican food. They need someone else faster to prep the food.

1  Thank John R

Been to El Burrito Alegre? Share your experiences!