“Wine Tasting Festival FAIL”

Ventura Harbor Village
Ranked #1 of 25 Shopping in Ventura
More attraction details
Owner description: We love our Harbor! Our Facebook page is a place for our local community, as well as welcome tourists stopping through, to enjoy our views, to post and share what's happening at our Harbor: from a day on the beach, a beautiful sunset, whale spotting, bird and seal pictures, to restaurant, nightlife or new water excursions taking place at Ventura Harbor Village! Ventura Harbor Village is California’s seaside playground brimming with fresh seafood and a wide variety of cuisines to tantalize your palette, boutique shops and art galleries around every corner, SUP, kayak, pedal and electric boat rentals to get on the water and see the seals, family fun at the arcade, kite flying, or playing in the sand at one of the safest beaches in the County “Mother’s Beach” (Harbor Cove Beach), daily boat trips, as well as sailing and dive charters to explore the Channel Islands National Park, coastal fashion and décor, a beautiful walking promenade with daily Happy Hours overlooking the boats, and a comedy club boasting top celebrity names to put a smile on your face. Now you can see why we Love our Harbor!
Reviewed 26 November 2013

This weekend we went to Ventura Harbor Village..... We normally have a wonderful time!

As always we visit the Ceramics Co-Op.... After making a large purchase on Saturday (as usual), we were invited by one of the artists to come back on Sunday for Jazz & wine tasting....

Well, let me tell you... the people representing the winery were downright rude! I walked in and was asked by the gal from Clos de Amis (Circle of Friends) if I was there for the event, I said that I was....

Rather than ask me what type of wine I was interested in, I was handed a glass of red wine. When I went to take a sip, the odor was foul & sour, so I handed the glass back to her.... I told her that I do not drink red wines.... and she offered me no other.

The same woman completely ignored my friend who came in with me....

The winery owner was eruditely espousing on something or another, and never paused in his soliloquy to acknowledge us.

I walked around the shop & picked up a few pieces to purchase and I noticed on the sales desk a bottle of Chardonnay, I inquired if that was available for tasting.... The response from the blonde was: "Um....".

Not only were we not allowed to "taste" the wine, the only go-with offering was a meager round of brie cut into tiny squares and a small basket of very boring looking crackers......

"Circle of Friends"? REALLY? How very rude and cheap of these people..... Well, maybe they are only interested in selling their product to their "friends", because I'll Never purchase anything from their winery, let alone accept a free glass as a token of hospitality.

2  Thank Auntie-Nanuuq

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Nice fishing harbor that offers great water activities like kayak and paddle board rentals. Oldtime arcade is fun for the kids, while adults can enjoy Greek appetizers and drinks with a great view.

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Nice place for families or a good date night. Paddle boats/canoes are a fun rental through the marina with views of the local seal residents. Paddle boarding is also available. There is an arcade with a classic carousel too.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

So many great places to eat, so many interesting shops to browse,
THE AIR ITSELF IS FRESH AND EXHILERATING!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Check out the range of shops, restaurants, ice cream and pizza stops, and other local attractions in Ventura Harbor Village. Highly recommend Andria's Seafood Restaurant (casual, but awesome fresh seafood) and 805 Wine Bar (best place to sip wine and gaze out at the harbor, especially during sunset and happy hour!) Merchants are friendly and the Village really lights up during evenings and the holidays. Christmas lights and Boat Parade are worth seeing. It also looks like they have monthly wine and music events - find a harbor calendar to get all current event dates and times. Island Packers is also the best place to book boating tours around the Islands. Finally, the beach access at the end of the Village stores (need to Uturn) is a choice spot to soak in the ocean air, chill out near the dunes, or take some fantastic sunset/sunrise photos.