“Eating is great shoping not so much”

Ventura Harbor Village
Ranked #1 of 24 Shopping in Ventura
More attraction details
Owner description: We love our Harbor! Our Facebook page is a place for our local community, as well as welcome tourists stopping through, to enjoy our views, to post and share what's happening at our Harbor: from a day on the beach, a beautiful sunset, whale spotting, bird and seal pictures, to restaurant, nightlife or new water excursions taking place at Ventura Harbor Village! Ventura Harbor Village is California’s seaside playground brimming with fresh seafood and a wide variety of cuisines to tantalize your palette, boutique shops and art galleries around every corner, SUP, kayak, pedal and electric boat rentals to get on the water and see the seals, family fun at the arcade, kite flying, or playing in the sand at one of the safest beaches in the County “Mother’s Beach” (Harbor Cove Beach), daily boat trips, as well as sailing and dive charters to explore the Channel Islands National Park, coastal fashion and décor, a beautiful walking promenade with daily Happy Hours overlooking the boats, and a comedy club boasting top celebrity names to put a smile on your face. Now you can see why we Love our Harbor!
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Arcade is run down, shops are not so great but the food is worth the trip. We have been going to eat and enjoy the views for years.

There are newer reviews for Ventura Harbor Village

Reviewed 26 November 2013

This weekend we went to Ventura Harbor Village..... We normally have a wonderful time!

As always we visit the Ceramics Co-Op.... After making a large purchase on Saturday (as usual), we were invited by one of the artists to come back on Sunday for Jazz & wine tasting....

Well, let me tell you... the people representing the winery were downright rude! I walked in and was asked by the gal from Clos de Amis (Circle of Friends) if I was there for the event, I said that I was....

Rather than ask me what type of wine I was interested in, I was handed a glass of red wine. When I went to take a sip, the odor was foul & sour, so I handed the glass back to her.... I told her that I do not drink red wines.... and she offered me no other.

The same woman completely ignored my friend who came in with me....

The winery owner was eruditely espousing on something or another, and never paused in his soliloquy to acknowledge us.

I walked around the shop & picked up a few pieces to purchase and I noticed on the sales desk a bottle of Chardonnay, I inquired if that was available for tasting.... The response from the blonde was: "Um....".

Not only were we not allowed to "taste" the wine, the only go-with offering was a meager round of brie cut into tiny squares and a small basket of very boring looking crackers......

"Circle of Friends"? REALLY? How very rude and cheap of these people..... Well, maybe they are only interested in selling their product to their "friends", because I'll Never purchase anything from their winery, let alone accept a free glass as a token of hospitality.

2  Thank Auntie-Nanuuq
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Nice fishing harbor that offers great water activities like kayak and paddle board rentals. Oldtime arcade is fun for the kids, while adults can enjoy Greek appetizers and drinks with a great view.

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Nice place for families or a good date night. Paddle boats/canoes are a fun rental through the marina with views of the local seal residents. Paddle boarding is also available. There is an arcade with a classic carousel too.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

So many great places to eat, so many interesting shops to browse,
THE AIR ITSELF IS FRESH AND EXHILERATING!