“Good service and food”

Bollywood
Cuisines: Indian
“Good service and food”
Reviewed 13 July 2012

My husband and I are staying in a beach house in Hollywood Beach area and spent the afternoon shopping in Ventura. We were also scoping out restaurants for dinner, when we found Bollywood #4 (There are a few locations so they apparently differentiate them with numbers.) On Main Street, kitty-corner from Starbucks.I read all the reviews on both Yelp and Google, which were all very good. So, we took a chance and came in for dinner at 7:30 p.m.

We walked in and were immediately seated, but in a small table for two in the corner. I asked to be seated by a window, and they were more than happy to seat us there. They were attentive, but not in an annoying way, and they smiled, served the food piping hot, and made sure my wine glass was always full. Great service!

Food and price
My husband is English, and they say the national food in England is chicken korma, meaning he knows good korma. Well, the korma was absolutely spot on! I had the shrimp korma and he had
the shrimp coconut curry. We also had two orders of the basil, cilantro, garlic naan bread and a bottle of Chardonnay. My mouth waters just thinking about the food. It was delicious and only cost $70 (bottle of wine was $29).

Overall, it is delicious curry, great service, good location for people watching, and well priced. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited July 2012

Ventura, California
“nice food”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Food is good and service is fine too. Good overall.

Visited March 2012
Ojai, California
“Something Different”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

This nice small restaurant is on the corner of California Street and Main Street in Ventura.
The food is very nice, and the service is good. The servers are present but not annoyingly so. It's a great place to go when you want something a little different than the usual fare.
Nice atmosphere, and close to the movie theater across the street.

• Visited January 2012
Leonardtown, Maryland
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed 9 February 2012

My husband and I came upon Bollywood by chance when we were driving through downtown Ventura looking for a restaurant for dinner. Both of us love Indian food and this had to be one of the best Indian restaurants we have visited. I had the lamb saag and it was definitely the best I have had. Delicious without being heavy. The service was attentive and courteous. Will be on our list of places to visit again. The restaurant was clean, well decorated, and had a nice view of main street Ventura.

• Visited January 2012