“At last great indian food in America.”
Review of Bollywood - CLOSED

Bollywood
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We visit Ventura 2-3 times a year and when on vacation eat out a lot. intact we eat out a lot. Having moved here from the uk and eaten good curry 2-3 times a week for over 20 years and i have the belly to prove it I've been some what disappointed with curry in america. Well curry in Utah is bland and boring just like the people.

So we stopped in here to have dinner before heading to the majestic to watch suicidal tendencies.

So we were greater at the door and the moment we sat down the popadoms arrived. Other Indians don't seem to get this. get me sat down get me a drink and a popadom and your on the right course.

My wife and I shared a selection of dishes. All of them surpassed what i expected and the service was attentive all the way. I left feeling full of curry and rice. ready to get my Mosh on at the show.

Thank you for restoring my faith in Curry here in America!!!

There are newer reviews for Bollywood

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I'm usually not that fond of Indian food but my spouse loves it. While walking Ventura's downtown Main St. we came across Bollywood. I've heard good things about this restaurant from friends and co-workers. I asked my spouse if she was in the mood for Indian cuisine and she was surprised that I was willing to have lunch here.
We walked in and the wait staff were dressed in white shirts, black pants and ties. The tables had real table cloths and linen napkins. I thought it quite formal but there is no dress code, Ventura being a beach town.
The food was so delicious. I can't remember the names but one of the dishes was a creamed spinach with cheese cubes and the other dish was vegetables formed into balls and cooked with a wonderful sauce. The lunch came with a beautiful two toned rice. The cost was $8.95 per person. Great service and delicious food at a good price. We sat by a window and watched people go by.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Main St in Ventura is packed with restaurants and so I was surprised when my wife agreed to an Indian meal as it isn't always her first choice - I immediately whisked her into the Bollywood before any mind-changing could occur. The meal they provided was excellent and she pronounced her CTM possibly the best she's eaten. I have to agree; the sauce was thick, really tasty and the perfect foil for a naan bread. My chicken tikka jalfrezi was also good; excellent chicken, lots of green chilli and a well-flavoured sauce. In addition, both basmati rice and naan were top notch. Add a large bottle of beer and the cost of $40 for the meal was good value. The service was prompt and the staff friendly, including the senior waiter who recognised my accent and told us he'd lived in England for several years. When I asked where he lived whilst there, he replied, "Glasgow." Priceless.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

The food was outstanding. Even our kids who are picky eaters loved the samosas (lamb and veggies), naan and the chicken tika. Their hours are great too; they are open later (I believe until 10pm). If were are ever in Ventura, CA, we will eat there again.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

We had a wonderful lunch of tandoori chicken and vindalo curry, rice, naan, tomato and cucumber salad, and a mango curry for under $29 total. Very generous servings! Nice dining experience with cloth napkins and tableclothes, good service. Recommend highly.