“Only one complaint”

Add it.
Panera Bread
Ranked #254 of 437 Restaurants in Ventura
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Ok, I actually love this place and all the baked goods. Breads are my downfall. However, I have ordered the Napa Almond Chicken Salad Sandwich the past few times and every time there is less and less chicken salad on the sandwich. Today, I ordered the U-pick two combo, 1/2 sandwich and 1/2 salad. I ordered the 1/2 Napa Almond Chicken Sandwich and the chicken salad covered only 1/2 of the bread, when I spread it out it was so thin I couldn't even taste it. It was more like a tomato and lettuce sandwich. The BBQ chicken salad was good, not much to it, but good. I don't think I'll order this sandwich again. This saddens me because it used to be my favorite. About 6 months ago I ordered it and actually walked it back to the counter, pulled off the top piece of bread, lettuce and tomato and asked if the little blob of chicken salad was normal, again covering less than half of the bread and they said, "No", they took it back and made me another one. I would have done the same today, but I ordered it to go. I don't put much meat on a sandwich, and when I don't think there is much, it is really sparse. Their sandwiches are much too expensive to put so little meat on them.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I have eaten here many times, so this is a consolidated review encompassing many visits to this location. The food is always good and sometimes it is great and other times it is just OK. I almost always get the U Pick two combo with a half salad and either a half sandwich, a cup of soup, or a small pasta depending on what I feel like eating. The salads are great, sometimes an ingredient is left out and I have to ask for it, other times it is perfect. Some of their seasonal salads are really good, I love the summer salad with blueberries, strawberries and a fat free poppy seed dressing, it is really good. Their grilled sandwiches are good as well, I like the chicken sandwiches better than the beef, and their Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich is wonderful. The pastas, which are new, are OK but not as good as the salads, soups, and sandwiches. My biggest complaint is that there are certain times during the day/evening when the salads are prepared stingy with ingredients and other times when they are generous with the fixings. I attribute it to different chefs (or preparers) and avoid the times (evenings and weekends) when the stingy chef puts hardly any gorgonzola on the salad and I have to ask for extra which costs more! This bugs me to no end! Other than that, I really enjoy eating here as well as other locations.

Reviewed 6 April 2013

The usual solid Panera, very clean, also because is new, decent service. One of my favorite chains, I don't come often to this part of town but when I do I stop for lunch here

Reviewed 28 March 2013

Good pastries, decent coffee, but a bit pricey. Very large with lots of seating both for private conversations, large groups and people watching.

Been to Panera Bread? Share your experiences!